Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PLD

Team v Doncaster

171 posts in this topic

not one bonus point for the loosing teams this week.

did. hunslet not get s bonus point from dewsbury game

Could you all keep your messages shorter as poor old haven4ever (BKM) is having a hard job trying to copy them all on the St Helens Reserves site. ;)

Yes, so did Keighley.

when i checked the scores they were all missing out. as rugby league is about the 20th most important sport to sky sports they were well behind with the updates. making me look a clown lol

Is that a lack of personnel who can see that overlap and execute the quick ball or not coached to do it in your opinion mate?

Its about timing - you are hard pressed to moan about Carter because hes half decent but in the games Ive seen him in he seems to want to beat everyone instead of playing the easy ball but TBF the one time he got rid before the line we score in the corner, As for Coyle - forget it - his brother is the better player and hes championship standard at the best ( that says it all) and if im totally honest you will find players are more comfortable passing one way and if you watch the last three games it becomes apparent that passing to the left is not one of both halves , hookers preferred way.

Maybe we could radically shift it now and go Gore and Phillips with Olstrum at 9 and Lupton at 13 . May be a bit livelier ? Can't do any worse if we can't get a Widnes lad . We need 3 ball players and not just one .

I think you would struggle to play any Duel Reg in a critical half back position you need them there training all week and playing every week . But if that was the decision Id play Hulme at 6 and you would then see the ball pinging both ways ;) and some rather towering spiralling bombs to add

Its about timing - you are hard pressed to moan about Carter because hes half decent but in the games Ive seen him in he seems to want to beat everyone instead of playing the easy ball but TBF the one time he got rid before the line we score in the corner, As for Coyle - forget it - his brother is the better player and hes championship standard at the best ( that says it all) and if im totally honest you will find players are more comfortable passing one way and if you watch the last three games it becomes apparent that passing to the left is not one of both halves , hookers preferred way.

Aye the passing to the left has been a problem in the past, which is a fairly fundamental skill really. I have only seen Coyle play in the Fax game so I'll struggle to judge him. But cruely the first time I saw him I thought he looked like Jay Duffy - he can't be that bad though!!! :lol:

Ok we got beat but whats up with stack n lupton

stack was holding his shoulder after the first five minutes and I think Lupton went off with a hand injury . Also not sure if hes injured or just peed off but Thacks left after getting subbed with 20mins left ??

Thacks keeps getting took off and does keep getting peed off and I for one can't blame him as he's our most likely lad ... Yes anything else shouldn't occur though .

Thacks keeps getting took off and does keep getting peed off and I for one can't blame him as he's our most likely lad ... Yes anything else shouldn't occur though .

Did you notice them playing a lad called "murphy" who came on in the second half. I maybe wrong but i think this was the same lad which played last night for the bulls v Cas. Im sure theres some rule about playing two pro games in a certain time frame??

Rules ... This year , what are they ???? Anything goes . You play a club you think you can beat ... Err until half past two when you see who's playing for them this week ... Rules is out of the Red Hall dictionary . Shenanigans is the word now . We may to shenaniganate with the rest to keep up ...

Did you notice them playing a lad called "murphy" who came on in the second half. I maybe wrong but i think this was the same lad which played last night for the bulls v Cas. Im sure theres some rule about playing two pro games in a certain time frame??

There was nobody called "Murphy" on the team sheets are you not getting mixed up with the lad Kyle Trout?

There was nobody called "Murphy" on the team sheets are you not getting mixed up with the lad Kyle Trout?

I might have been Keith - I was sure it was the lad who played last night they must look like each other - thanks for putting me right :D

I thought Town didn't look like scoring, Donny defence was solid and like previous visits to Donny Town seemed to run out of ideas and accept defeat. To long a journey to come home with now't imo :( that French bloke didn't help either!!!!

I thought Town didn't look like scoring, Donny defence was solid and like previous visits to Donny Town seemed to run out of ideas and accept defeat. To long a journey to come home with now't imo :( that French bloke didn't help either!!!!

encule ordure :lol: :lol: :lol:

encule ordure :lol: :lol: :lol:

We were shoutin something french at him f##k knows what it was though :rolleyes:

Well looking at the posts I think there's a few people going over board really, the half back thing Is certainly becomming an issue but as far as performance if we had got over there line and actually scored in the first half we would have been ok!! As u will read my previous posts 3 forwards and a replacement hooker is always a must in my 17 but we cannot rely on young Callum Phillips to do everything, the lad is new to the professional game and although playing brilliant they are gradually bringing him on!! Acton impressed me today apart from that bad day at the office and back to the drawing board!! Coyle is clearly not fit yet but isn't a lost cause forber looks very intrested and I do rate Lupton also but lads need creativity and a regular 6 and 7 to play off, 2 home games next and a minimum of 4 points for me is the target!! Up the town!! Keep the faith

I also thought there winger who crossed twice Dennis tuffour was outstanding as was the Donny defence! Fair play to them, we owe then at dp

There is lots of talk on here about our half backs but i think at this time it is in the centre where we are weak. I just think morris has not got the pace for a centre.we are sadly missing rooney and mossop and miller and of course matty. But has i have said i think its in the centre we lack strength and pace????

There is lots of talk on here about our half backs but i think at this time it is in the centre where we are weak. I just think morris has not got the pace for a centre.we are sadly missing rooney and mossop and miller and of course matty. But has i have said i think its in the centre we lack strength and pace????

need to able to get the ball out to them first mate - the quickest and strongest centre is useless without the ball

We did not have a lad playing for us called Murphy, the lads on the bench were Trout, Emmett, Edwards and Robinson

Thacks is a very good player but he is a penalty liability. Thought it was rather sad that he couldnt come across and applaud the fans at the end of the game who had made the long journey. Good luck for the rest of the season apart from when you play us.

We did not have a lad playing for us called Murphy, the lads on the bench were Trout, Emmett, Edwards and Robinson

Yeah was put right before it was Kyle Trout lokes very much like murphy - thanks anyway and well played today