Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PLD

Team v Doncaster

171 posts in this topic

I would say Gore looked the sharpest of our half backs, he seemed to be filling in at hooker. Can't recall Hulme getting too many opportunities but he's a good player. What do you think to the suggestion of playing him at stand-off ?

Mate if your short at halfback I give it ago, as was a halfback in the Academy teams.He has not played many first team games to judge him. I used to rate him in the Academy, but not as good as young Tom Gilmore in my opinion. They are different types of players though and injuries have not helped Gore in his development.Same with Adam Lawton a great talent, and injuries effected his progress.Declan Hulme is part time till end of March due to his studies.Be interesting how good he will be once in full-time training.

What concerns me a wee bit that with this tie up with WIDNES Instead of looking at our local lads we just think if we are short of a player get on the phone to WIDNES.Having signed the likes of DAN ROONEY BOTH THE PHILLIPS LADS with good success just hope we dont neglect the local lads because there are lots of talent out there.

I dont know the local scene but are there many that could step up? It's a lot more difficult to step up this season than last season

the problem is with bringing in local amateurs they often take time to settle into the pro game (brett and dan are an exception) especially now were in the championship. but if there a replacement for an injured player then they have to hit the ground running,although its not a certainty, you would expect the widnes lads to be able to slot in easier. i personally would prefer to look at local lads 1st but you also dont want to be putting heaps of pressure on them and expecting them to deliver straight away. pre season is the best time to be signing amateurs to give them plenty of time to get up to speed and get used to the pro game.

Aye I'm afraid if we need a little help in the creation or finishing stakes as it looks we do we have to have the quick fix , especially with the cutthroat nature of this league . You gotta get points on the board and help yourself short term.

Yes your right wonky it is a big step bringing an amateur. But i still think there are lads out there as good as these academy lads that we are getting from widnes. Just my opinion mind?

And there is a lad at Grasslot that has been training at different times with town that looked very sharp think he plays hooker just cant think of his name maybe you know gillmeister.

Karl Dixon would waltz into the Town team

lets get Karl waltzing then..surely worth a go.

Yes your right wonky it is a big step bringing an amateur. But i still think there are lads out there as good as these academy lads that we are getting from widnes. Just my opinion mind?

Not many to be honest though, or they be playing Championship rugby now.Gilmore will be a Superleague quality player,and Declan is doing decent for you.From our youngsters Gerrard and Craven have not looked out of place.

Young forester from maryport Woyld be a great signing however it's maybe not for some local lads who play for the crack and don't have the time or dedication

Yep Nathan Lucock thats him Gillmeister thanks i think he played for the town youth team at one time. Every one that have seen him play says what a good player he his

I don't know individuals but with the huge strength around here and our isolation I was surprised we didn't mine the amateur seam more in the offseason .

BARLA open age have a tour of Australia this year so that will be a reason for likes of Forrester to stay in the amateur game for the time being

stack was holding his shoulder after the first five minutes and I think Lupton went off with a hand injury . Also not sure if hes injured or just peed off but Thacks left after getting subbed with 20mins left ??

Just a question mate, are you a Town fan or another club? as they are beside themselves on the Jambo's site because you posted this about Thacks. Strange but true!!!

Just a question mate, are you a Town fan or another club? as they are beside themselves on the Jambo's site because you posted this about Thacks. Strange but true!!!

Yeah someone posted about that earlier this week. I apologized for getting the timing wrong it was actually just after the Donny try when the big heap carried five over the line and I thought was held up.What are they getting so eat up about I was replying to someone who was asking about injuries during the game ?? and as you ask so nicely i'm a Warrington Wolves fan who has been watching a lot of championship rugby this year and seen Workington a number of times . You really have got a cracking set of spectators :D :D

Thanks very much mate. Nowt to apologise for mate, they are trying to make summat out of nowt, and can't even do that properly. Your post was pasted onto their forum and put out as gospel from a town fan.

So it looks like all you Jambo's got yourself excited over nowt again as our friend here ain't even a Town fan!!