Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gav Wilson

Knights v Halifax

72 posts in this topic

Always a ton of ifs and buts in a game but just had another look at the late chip over the Fax defence by Browny which Tom Carr collected and offloaded to Jack Lee and Jack had got less on his kick through and could have directed it left, Jack Latus would have been favorite to be on the end of it..

Talking of Latus, been very impressed with him from what I've seen, I think we should be looking at signing him now his trial period is over

We've got brass bands, kids for a quid, cheerleaders, junior game curtain raisers, and a decent competitive team that will hopefully win a few games this year.

We are now trying to interact with the fans as much as we can on twitter, facebook, the forums and by giving them a voice in the matchday magazine, so any suggestions are always welcome. Other than control the weather and hopefully get a few wins under our belt, what else can the Knights possibly do?

Gav

Where were the band today ? Thought we had them all season ? If they have gone why not invite local school/student bands (not just brass bands) to perform at half-time , might attract a few parents, brothers/sisters, you could get them competing each week at half time over a few weeks say two bands perform one song max 5mins each and then the crowd judge best song/tune by a 'clapometer' type scoring system, winning band goes through to an end of season 'battle of the bands' at a KISS event thus bringing club, community and KISS closer.

Just a suggestion could we not try a joint deal with York City whereby whenever either rugby or footy team is playing away then footy fans get into the knights for £10 and vice versa, might attract a few extra fans.

Give away some of the special '5 match tickets' to local businesses to pass round/reward employees, just might hook a few extra fans and they may bring a paying guest or kids.

Set up a Knights Junior Supporters club or Mascot club whereby if they attend so many games with a paying adult they get names in a hat to be match mascot and lead the team out, run out with Norris etc - not a new thing this but attracts parents to watch the kids could this be linked to the community work the Knights do already.

Need something different at half-time, cross bar challenge is no longer exciting as no one ever gets close, why not sell tickets simply for a go at the cross bar but with a smaller prize the closer you are.

Reward season ticket holders by running a monthly half time draw with a 'sponsored' prize, would rely on donated prizes

We used to have Minster FM doing kids games in front of pop stand before the game, could we not attract something like this again ?

Talking of Latus, been very impressed with him from what I've seen, I think we should be looking at signing him now his trial period is over

Can't pick all new names out yet was Latus playing 27 ? If so I agree, always wanted the ball and ran his heart out today.

Gav

Where were the band today ? Thought we had them all season ? If they have gone why not invite local school/student bands (not just brass bands) to perform at half-time , might attract a few parents, brothers/sisters, you could get them competing each week at half time over a few weeks say two bands perform one song max 5mins each and then the crowd judge best song/tune by a 'clapometer' type scoring system, winning band goes through to an end of season 'battle of the bands' at a KISS event thus bringing club, community and KISS closer.

Just a suggestion could we not try a joint deal with York City whereby whenever either rugby or footy team is playing away then footy fans get into the knights for £10 and vice versa, might attract a few extra fans.

Give away some of the special '5 match tickets' to local businesses to pass round/reward employees, just might hook a few extra fans and they may bring a paying guest or kids.

Set up a Knights Junior Supporters club or Mascot club whereby if they attend so many games with a paying adult they get names in a hat to be match mascot and lead the team out, run out with Norris etc - not a new thing this but attracts parents to watch the kids could this be linked to the community work the Knights do already.

Need something different at half-time, cross bar challenge is no longer exciting as no one ever gets close, why not sell tickets simply for a go at the cross bar but with a smaller prize the closer you are.

Reward season ticket holders by running a monthly half time draw with a 'sponsored' prize, would rely on donated prizes

We used to have Minster FM doing kids games in front of pop stand before the game, could we not attract something like this again ?

All good ideas mate, I will certainly pass them on!

The Brass Band are very busy, but they will be back when they can be!

don't want to be negative but when the kids for a £1 was done earlier in the season, still saw hardly any kids around the ground as usual, the key to this is promotion and all the schools need to know about it and hopefully get in there newsletter or something which goes in their book bags. I am not convinced all schools knew about the previous promotion? facebook/twitter are good tools for promotion but to some degree you already need to be engaged by liking the knights page or following them on twitter and I am convinced the best way to get kids engaged is a strong presence in schools.

Well done to the Knights for yesterday keep up this level of performance and we won't be concerning ourselves with relegation.

Agree with most of that, Press & 1 RL paper give Dean Hadley MOM which I agree with,

outstanding effort from all 17, turning point was Sam Scotts injury.

Impressed with the commitment from the Hull lads & a lot has been said about D/R etc,

but think 3 young York lads deserve a special mention.

Ed Smith - best game for 18 months,

Kris Brining - within seconds of coming on, put 3 massive hits in on some big Fax lads,

Ben Dent - hardly put a foot wrong (and did little wrong at Batley last week).

Overall, really impressed. One word of caution though, in this division we need that kind

of intensity in defence every single week, otherwise you get taken apart, so we need to

continue that Friday night which will be an even harder game than yesterday.

great to watch after last week and as people have said ronnie kept the game flowing for a change if we can repeat that on friday i will be amazed and PROUD

I thought the player were great yesterday! Really thought they were going to take all 3 points. Need to keep that level of performance for home and away games now.

Anyone tell me why JP try didn't count? other wise the ref had a good game!

How about local bands pre match and half time music no fees just the chance to get themselves noticed and maybe get themselves a few gigs.

I thought the player were great yesterday! Really thought they were going to take all 3 points. Need to keep that level of performance for home and away games now.

Well I saw a clear knock on from one of our players, so wasn't too surprised that he disallowed it, but was then very confused when he gave the scrum to us..

He dropped the ball. Look at the photo on the press website here: http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/10249871.York_City_Knights_14__Halifax_18/

You can see he hasn't got control of the ball - unfortunately - had it been a try I reckon there'd have been 2 or 3 more and a real upset that showed in the scoreline instead of just our sore throats.

There was that other one that was disallowed yet we got head and feed at the scrum - double knock on apparantly - still not sure about that, but that's the line I heard.

I was at the match Sunday, blinding performace and for me, Fax were lucky to win, anyone spot Kear at the game with his clipboard

looks like he's doing his usual thing of poaching players, and i dont think it was any of the Fax squad,and he got in for now't

ala

I was at the match Sunday, blinding performace and for me, Fax were lucky to win, anyone spot Kear at the game with his clipboard

looks like he's doing his usual thing of poaching players, and i dont think it was any of the Fax squad,and he got in for now't

ala

Aren't Fax playing Batley tomorrow night? Surely he'll have been taking advantage of their weekend off to have a look at the opposition.

ala

Nothing like a good conspiracy theory to start the day...

ala

Mr K was watching Fax, they play 'em tomorrow night.

Mr K was watching Fax, they play 'em tomorrow night.

Must be my suspicious nature when it come's to Kear Brough , Blaymire, Golden , Davis spring to mind.

ala

Batley v Halifax finished 18 - 18 tonight good game good fightback by Batley and brilliant conversion from touchline to get the draw with last kick of the game.