Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

World Club Challenge: Leeds Rhinos v Melbourne Storm

Who will win?   43 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 - 6 points
    • Melbourne Storm by 1 - 6 points
    • Melbourne Storm by 7 to 12 points
    • Melbourne Storm by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

229 posts in this topic

Leeds need to be 3 or 4 trys in front at half time to have a chance to win it, One of Storms strengths is having a strong 2nd half and not worrying about being behind!

Bellyache's re-signing will have given the Storm Squad a big lift!

Brian & Jimmy have learned the way to win these one offs under Nobby at the Bulls as Players, then last year as Coachs and thats a big plus for the Rhinos!

I expect Rhinos to be first out of the blocks and dominate the 1st half while Storm find the tempo of the Game, 2nd half should see a Storm surge, There won't be much in it score wise!

Whooo hoo its being shown In Oz on free to air TV pretty well LIVE, first time in recent memory.

Great news.

Leeds need to be 3 or 4 trys in front at half time to have a chance to win it, One of Storms strengths is having a strong 2nd half and not worrying about being behind!

Bellyache's re-signing will have given the Storm Squad a big lift!

Brian & Jimmy have learned the way to win these one offs under Nobby at the Bulls as Players, then last year as Coachs and thats a big plus for the Rhinos!

I expect Rhinos to be first out of the blocks and dominate the 1st half while Storm find the tempo of the Game, 2nd half should see a Storm surge, There won't be much in it score wise!

Not sure if you will see 20 or so points put on them in one half though Blotto.

They have only conceded just under 16 points a game in the last four seasons.

Keinhorst is not a winger, though he has played their at Student level. He is better at centre. But Leeds have little choice but to play him on the wing at mo

I know, that's why I said through no fault of his own, however, it doesn't excuse him for missing more tackles than he makes or for dropping the ball for fun. His inept perforformances have not had anything to do with him playing out of position. He's just been dead set awful.

Given Leeds' current form and available squad, as long as Melbourne aren't too rusty this should be a win for the Storm. Just hoping for a really good game.

Not overly confident, but I have my ticket and Leeds know how to win the big games, so here's hoping!

Its a toss of a coin.

One team is far superior in Players, Coach and ability but may be going through the motions for pre season contractual obligations.

The other is charged up for it like a Grand Final with a point to prove. playing at home a few games into their season and carrying the honour and Glory of the Nation on their chest to prove that the game in England can compete and win against the Convicts.

p.s Do not underestimate the "Skill factor" and Leadership from the best player in the game on the outcome of this Arm wrestle.

Storm by 15+

Jokes aside, I hope its a good game and there is no controversy or poor refereeing that changes the outcome of the Game.

May the best team win and the game be a spectacle that showcases the best the game has too offer.

Looks like I cant turn up with a tatty £20 note ten minutes before kick off as usual...

http://www.therhinos.../news/19761.php

The capacity of a neutral ground like Headingley for a World Class match such as this is only 20,000 k that suggest the game should have been played at a bigger Arena.

The capacity of a neutral ground like Headingley for a World Class match such as this is only 20,000 k that suggest the game should have been played at a bigger Arena.

And pay for the use of said bigger arena.

Looks like I cant turn up with a tatty £20 note ten minutes before kick off as usual...

http://www.therhinos.../news/19761.php

I was quite surprised by this...

It is only the second time in the modern era that Headingley Carnegie has been sold out before the day of the game

I was quite surprised by this...

Any ideas what the other one was? Normally when we have had sell outs you can still pay on the gate for the WT though.

Leeds actually haven't had a domestic 20k crowd in 4 years now.

Any ideas what the other one was? Normally when we have had sell outs you can still pay on the gate for the WT though.

Leeds actually haven't had a domestic 20k crowd in 4 years now.

Was it not last years WCC? Sure that sold out too!

Pointless playing it in Australia,the WCC means nothing,remember. ;)

Well it is pointless played in England in Australia's pre season.

Play it in Melbourne on the Storms week of their Bye and I suggest it may be perceived as a game that is not all one way traffic for the last 18 years.

Well it is pointless played in England in Australia's pre season.

Play it in Melbourne on the Storms week of their Bye and I suggest it may be perceived as a game that is not all one way traffic for the last 18 years.

But you've said it's a meaningless game at anytime,why the change of heart.

Remember when Great Britain played the Kangaroos in the NRL season in Oz in a one off match, how did they feel and did they ever do it again?

I remember the media reports from England it was almost a mass hanging because of the Cricket Score.

Play the game in alternate countries at a time that is fair to both teams and the game would be a lot bigger than it is today.

The fact its all biased to the English teams makes it a laughing stock in Australia where it has barely had any coverage at all for a decade.

But you've said it's a meaningless game at anytime,why the change of heart.

Did I say that?

Its meaningless in the format it has been in for years.

If it was played at a time that worked for both teams when both teams had most of the players and Coach that won their respective Leagues it would mean a lot more than it does now.

Look at last Year Manly were ripped apart with the way Des Hasler left the Club, he was instrumental in Manly success for several years.

Its not the same team when a Coach like Hasler leaves in a bunch of fireworks.

Remember when Great Britain played the Kangaroos in the NRL season in Oz in a one off match, how did they feel and did they ever do it again?

I remember the media reports from England it was almost a mass hanging because of the Cricket Score.

Play the game in alternate countries at a time that is fair to both teams and the game would be a lot bigger than it is today.

The fact its all biased to the English teams makes it a laughing stock in Australia where it has barely had any coverage at all for a decade.

Super League teams have offered to play the game in Australia and it's always been turned down.

Anyway,a Leeds win but only just.

Was it not last years WCC? Sure that sold out too!

It was about 400 or so off capacity, but that wasn't domestic ;)

We have had a fair few 18/19k crowds since 2009 but no 20k attendances in the League

Slightly related - I was going through the old stuff on the video recorder's hard drive last night and turned up highlights of the very entertaining WCC between Leeds and Canterbury from a few years back.

A few early/pre-season rusty moments (Leeds' first try especially), but also several incidences of excellent Rugby too. Anything as enjoyable to watch as that, and I'll be happy! :)

McGuires dummy and go try has always stuck in my head from that game. Brilliant piece of individual skill.