Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

World Club Challenge: Leeds Rhinos v Melbourne Storm

Who will win?   43 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 - 6 points
    • Melbourne Storm by 1 - 6 points
    • Melbourne Storm by 7 to 12 points
    • Melbourne Storm by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

229 posts in this topic

Just had this email from the club. Looks like they are trying to get as many in early as possible. I think ill pass in the free flag though. That could be a nightmare :lol:

The World Club Challenge is now just a couple of days away! We hope the information below will help you to have a fantastic night.

Being a sold out fixture this game is different from a regular Rhinos home game. We've got to get more people through the turnstiles and a lot of fans will sitting or standing in areas which are different from their usual ones.

We're therefore expecting it to take everyone a lot longer to get into the ground and find their places. We recommend that you aim to be inside the ground for no later than 7pm. Please give yourself plenty of time!

You may want to consider getting the train to the game. Both Burley Park and Headingley stations are within walking distance of the ground and you can catch regular direct trains to these stations from all stations on the Leeds - Harrogate line. After the game trains leave Burley Park for Leeds at 22.13 and 23.15, and for stations towards Harrogate at 22.35 and 23.33.

The Carnegie Cafe Bar is open to all fans pre and post match

The Sports Bar is also open to all fans

At 5pm the turnstiles will be open

From 5pm you can see a display from the 521 EOD Squadron Bomb Disposal Unit who will also be doing a bucket collection within the ground. Their display area will be opposite the club shop

From 5.30pm the first 10,000 fans into the ground will receive FREE Leeds Rhinos flags. These will be available to collect from the South Stand Tented Village and opposite the club shop.

Between 6pm and 7pm we will be giving out FREE World Club Challenge collectible player stickers to add to your player posters. The player stickers available at this game are Kevin Sinfield, Brian McDermott, Ben Jones-Bishop, Kyle Leuluai, Jamie Jones-Buchanan, Ian Kirke, Richard Moore and Liam Hood. These are available only between these times from the South Stand Tented Village and opposite the club shop.

From 6pm you can see the Rugby League World Cup Trophy in the display area in the South Stand Tented Village. Tickets to RLWC games will also be available to purchase.

Between 6.30pm - 7pm Ronnie the Rhino will be around the ground to meet and greet fans arriving at the ground

From 7.20pm pre-match entertainment will begin on the pitch with a performance from the Spencer Properties Dance Team

From 7.30pm we'll have a performance on the pitch from the Loveable Rogues, from last year's Britain's Got Talent

From 7.45pm you can enjoy music from Yorkshire Young Musicians

At 8pm it's kick-off!

We hope you have a fantastic evening.

This WCC now comes to you sponsored by Probiz!

Got a huge two days to maximise their sponsorship!

Leeds Rhinos have been handed a major boost with the news that Australian Joe Vickery has been passed fit to return to action this Friday to face Melbourne Storm in the World Club Challenge at Headingley Carnegie, kick off 8pm.

Vickery had suffered an ankle injury in his debut against Hull FC three weeks ago and was expected to be out of action for at least six weeks.

However, he has made a remarkable recovery and is now included in Head Coach Brian McDermott's 19 man squad to face the NRL Champions.

The Rhinos will be without Zak Hardaker (thumb), Ryan Bailey (knee), Ben Jones-Bishop (long term) but also welcome back Brett Delaney and Jamie Peacock, who missed last Friday's win over Salford City Reds.

The squad in full is:

3. Kallum Watkins

4. Joel Moon

5. Ryan Hall

6. Danny McGuire

7. Rob Burrow

8. Kylie Leuluai

9. Paul McShane

10. Jamie Peacock

11. Jamie Jones-Buchanan

12. Carl Ablett

13. Kevin Sinfield ©

14. Stevie Ward

15. Brett Delaney

17. Ian Kirke

18. Chris Clarkson

19. Mitch Achurch

21. Richard Moore

22. Jimmy Keinhorst

25. Joe Vickery

Phil DalyMedia and PR Manager

Melbourne squad: Billy Slater, Mahe Fonua, Justin O'Neill, Will Chambers, Sisa Waqa, Gareth Widdop, Cooper Cronk, Jesse Bromwich, Cameron Smith, Bryan Norrie, Tohu Harris, Ryan Hoffman, Ryan Hinchcliffe, Jason Ryles, Brett Finch, Siosaia Vave, Junior Moors, Kenneath Bromwich, Lagi Setu.

Leeds squad: Kallum Watkins, Joel Moon, Ryan Hall, Danny McGuire, Rob Burrow, Kylie Leuluai, Paul McShane, Jamie Peacock, Jamie Jones-Buchanan, Carl Ablett, Kevin Sinfield, Stevie Ward, Brett Delaney, Ian Kirke, Chris Clarkson, Mitch Achurch, Richard Moore, Jimmy Keinhorst, Joe Vickery.

Melbourne Storm have named a 19-man squad for Friday’s PROBIZ World Club Challenge against Leeds Rhinos at Headingley Carnegie Stadium (8.00pm)

Storm coach Craig Bellamy has named a strong line-up to take on the Rhinos in the world title decider, which will see the two teams contest for the World Club Challenge for the third time against each other.

The Melbourne starting line includes Australia and Queensland captain Cameron Smith, Kangaroos Cooper Cronk and Billy Slater and England stand-off Gareth Widdop. Bellamy has named a six-man bench which will be cut to four on Friday.

Melbourne Storm team in full:

1. Billy Slater

2. Mahe Fonua

3. Justin O’Neill

4. Will Chambers

5. Sisa Waqa

6. Gareth Widdop

7. Cooper Cronk

8. Jesse Bromwich

9. Cameron Smith ©

10. Bryan Norrie

11.Tohu Harris

12. Ryan Hoffman

13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

Interchange (from):

Jason Ryles

Brett Finch

Siosaia Vave

Junior Moors

Kenneath Bromwich

Lagi Setu

-ends-

Hannah Molloy

Media Assistant

From 6pm you can see the Rugby League World Cup Trophy in the display area in the South Stand Tented Village. Tickets to RLWC games will also be available to purchase.

Oooh, that'll save me time on Saturday morning!

Oooh, that'll save me time on Saturday morning!

TBF I saw it last night at Halifax. It's a big b******! :lol:

TBF I saw it last night at Halifax. It's a big b******! :lol:

I live outside the heartlands, so unless they plan on bringing it to the opening of St Albans' "stadium", I don't get much chance to see it.

Come on the Rhinos! Do your country proud. I think this will be special. Last Year's game was as good as it got, and this one has every chance of being as good. I think Storm will win, as they have world class players, but it would be wonderful if Sir Kevin gets to show what all the fuss was about and sets England on its way in World Cup year. One things for sure with Leeds, they will leave nothing out there.

Nowhere. Just a thought. Why?

Well there is a lad on SS who post's things to get em going and I thougt you got it from him.

Here's better quality of my vids on Youtube:

They Shay doesn'tlook half bad.Welcome to SL FAX

Fingers crossed for a rhinos win, best wishes to the rhinos on here.

Twig. Enjoy mate, big Ed routing for you matey.

Cheer's Paul I still think I'm a jinx so I wont login till the end when I'm having my dinner.I still have a bad taste in my mouth about Storm from 2010 wcc and young mr Silverwood

Well there is a lad on SS who post's things to get em going and I thougt you got it from him.
Nope. I thought it might have been a decent option... :unsure:

Nope. I thought it might have been a decent option... :unsure:

Yes but McGuire at 7 this year has been approaching something like just before he did his Knee.Leeds need to keep the trio together.Watkins at FB with Vickery to Alternate

really looking forward to this and hoping for a Rhinos win big style but too close to call i reckon

Gareth Widdop must be playing well if he's keeping Brett Finch out.

He's better than any half back in Super League, the fact he isn't a shoe in for England is a disgrace.

He's better than any half back in Super League, the fact he isn't a shoe in for England is a disgrace.

TBF you could play a moose off of Cooper Cronk and he'd look better than the majority of 6's around.

TBF you could play a moose off of Cooper Cronk and he'd look better than the majority of 6's around.

See the games Widdop played whilst Cronk Smith and Slater were on origin duty, he was a stand out.

See the games Widdop played whilst Cronk Smith and Slater were on origin duty, he was a stand out.

Agreed.

He is top shelf quality and should be automatic for England, not because he plays in the NRL, because he is a really good player.

He would perhaps look better if he was not a Melbourne and had the chance to shine and be a leading player at another Club.

That time will come I guess.

sorry loiners, storm to win by 10

Storm by 8, as predicted in the SQL