Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

World Club Challenge: Leeds Rhinos v Melbourne Storm

Who will win?   43 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 - 6 points
    • Melbourne Storm by 1 - 6 points
    • Melbourne Storm by 7 to 12 points
    • Melbourne Storm by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

229 posts in this topic

Inglis will eat Watkins alive

Is this before or after Watkins side steps and beats him for pace with Inglis' flat footed defence?

FFS Hemmings!!! A great try and it's all about a ruddy non-existant forward pass.

Has Mitch Aichurch done anything positive at Leeds yet?

Not from what I'm seeing, gave away a penalty and 2 defencive mis reads leading to 2 tries.

Sinfield hit and miss. Some nice stuff and some awful decision making and pass selection.

Unfortunate that peacock dropped that ball, other than that he's been a machine tonight

Good grief. I've found myself not exactly supporting Leeds, but not minding if they win.

I'm going for a lie down on the settee. Might have a Beechams.

Unfortunate that peacock dropped that ball, other than that he's been a machine tonight

yup.

Been impressed with Ward too. Some big dominant tackles for a young lad.

"Forward" passes have killed Melbourne.

Thaler keeping Leeds in this

Took you 3 years to notice :D

Great game but I have to say the worlds best player was disappointing.

really wanted a Leeds win, if only `Burrow had held on to that pas.....

Amazing game. Best team won. Sky team did their best to ruin it Eddie and Stevo end up arguing about rules they clearly don't understand and ignore the fantastic rugby on show.

Melbourne were the better side but still a brilliant game to watch.

England won't beat Australia with Cronk Slater and Smith clicking together in the same side. They're the difference at club level, they're the difference at origin level, they're the difference at international level.

Leeds were close but I'm afraid Melbourne were very poor by their high standards. 19 missed tackles by Melbourne, can some stato get their average per game last season ill be very surprised if they average half than that in games last year.

Great game and Melbourne defence was world class despite being still in pre season. The best team won and Cronk, Smith and Slater controlled things whilst Sinfield was tackled out the game. Melbourne still a bit rusty in attack at times with some forward passes. Cronks kicking was quality and Leeds couldnt stop him controlling the game

Melbourne were the better side but still a brilliant game to watch.

England won't beat Australia with Cronk Slater and Smith clicking together in the same side. They're the difference at club level, they're the difference at origin level, they're the difference at international level.

Leeds were close but I'm afraid Melbourne were very poor by their high standards. 19 missed tackles by Melbourne, can some stato get their average per game last season ill be very surprised if they average half than that in games last year.

Its their first major hitout of 2013 so you expect a few miss tackles and mistiming in attack. However the defence from Melbourne is what really won the game as Leeds had many chances but just couldnt get over.

Great game but Melbourne were clearly not in top gear. I still don't think the Aussies are unbeatable though; we do have the talent to win. Making that happen is the trick though....

Great level of intensity....the WCC never disappoints.....though come feb it always seems to be leeds playing some team in purple and white

Not a bad game, nice and close, plenty of rust in the Storms game which is to be expected.

Well played Leeds they gave it a good shake and could have won if they could have passed and caught better.

Leeds got the rub of the green in most cases.

The commentators are really poor and would turn many people away from the game IMO

The TV Camera work was on par with the commentators.

Good to see it was on live in Oz.

I did not watch the game so all I know is that the English side lost whilst playing on their home ground, to an Aussie team in their pre-season. not good news.

Hopefully our national team will reverse the result, although we all know there wont be a single forward pass given against the green and golds