Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stratobill

Featherstone V Hunslet.Sun 24th Feb 3pm K.O.

Match Prediction  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Win, Lose or Draw

• Featherstone To Win
    • Hunslet To Win
    • Draw

thundergaz    165

Must have been very wet in Fev today then?

It was more of we took the foot off the gas AGAIN in the second half. Which is concerning me I know the game was never in doubt through out the 80 mins but our last 2 second half performances have been dire at best. We don't just take the foot off the gas 50 percent when we know we have won the game at HT we take our foot off the gas nearly to the point of who cares we've won anyway which is very worrying at the moment I feel.

thundergaz    165

I think it was more to do with Huns not stepping on the gas until after half time

The score should have and would of been a lot more in our favour if we had kept the intensity up from the first half. Hunslet didn't really up a few gears we dropped from fifth gear into reverse which we did last week in the second half too and its very worrying from our point of view.

morley-hawk    10

You did well to beat our second team, we rested our front line players, Sinfield, Burrow and McGuire were rested for Donny next week

It must worry you that little old Hunslet had you on he ropes in the second half ;)

Robin Evans    982

Had we put those bombed chances away early in the 2nd half the score woukd have been 50+

However we didn't and the half disintegrated into a bloody mess where the result was never in doubt.

The other unbeaten side towed their rops out up at york.

thundergaz    165

You did well to beat our second team, we rested our front line players, Sinfield, Burrow and McGuire were rested for Donny next week

It must worry you that little old Hunslet had you on he ropes in the second half ;)

We were going to win anyway through out that match we just thought we would take a rest in the second half as that is becoming the norm for us a lately. We could of not come out for the second half and we would still of won the game that's how comfortable it was for us. I'm just more disappointed in us taking the foot off the gas in 2 consecutive games in the second half than worrying about little old hunslet as you put it.

morley-hawk    10

We were going to win anyway through out that match we just thought we would take a rest in the second half as that is becoming the norm for us a lately. We could of not come out for the second half and we would still of won the game that's how comfortable it was for us. I'm just more disappointed in us taking the foot off the gas in 2 consecutive games in the second half than worrying about little old hunslet as you put it.

At last, a bite! Here fishy fishy!

You did come out for the second half, and we won it 18-10, maybe you should have stayed put in the dressing room

thundergaz    165

At last, a bite! Here fishy fishy!

You did come out for the second half, and we won it 18-10, maybe you should have stayed put in the dressing room

We did stay in the dressing room in mind as the game was already won. We just had 13 bodies that came out in the second half. Oh well at least you've won a second half you might wont to go one better next week and win the game

morley-hawk    10

We did stay in the dressing room in mind as the game was already won. We just had 13 bodies that came out in the second half. Oh well at least you've won a second half you might wont to go one better next week and win the game

thundergaz    165

But joking aside that's 2 second halfs in a row we have decided to not come out for the second half. Ok the games have been won before HT but its a little worrying. Unless DP wants to keep us fit etc because at the end of last season we seemed to run out of steam maybe this is a tactical thing to save fitness etc.

thundergaz    165

Haha all in good fun Gaz!

I think Huns deserve a bit of credit, regardless of whether you switched off or not, 26-0 at half time we could have fallen apart and lost 68-0 like last year but we hung on in there, to win the second half is a top effort

Yes but barra did the same last week to us. It's our fault we should be racking up the points instead of not coming out for the second halfs. We should of had 60 plus this week and knocking on 80 plus last week but we seem to relax when we know the game is won instead of punishing the teams severely more. Same as last weeks first half we looked world beaters second half we looked relegation fodder. I'm just really worried about our switching off so easily when we think the games won. It will come back to bite us hard especially against the top teams in our league.

lingard    110

I wouldn't say we relaxed, we bombed at least 4 tries in the second half and had one disallowed. We also had 4 tries disallowed against Barroew in the second half. Defence went to sleep when Finn went off.

jt    210

4 wins 0 loses top of league points difference of +98 what more do we want

We were loosing at Dewsbury at half time we came out and won Yes we dropped a bit in the second half but maybe Hunslet just played better in the second half Lets keep backing the Team it will get better as the season goes on Well done Fev keep it going and lets have another win next week at Whitehaven it's a long journey home if we don't

GARY....S    1

I think it was more to do with Huns not stepping on the gas until after half time

i think it was more to do with the rhino's rejects stepping on the gas after half time

Failed goal kicks reduced our total. The fact that we regularly drop off the pace in the second half of our games, is becoming a worrying feature and must be dealt with.Championship contenders in any sport, DO NOT let opponents off the hook.

We were outpointed in the second half and our failure to convert good approach work affected the final result.

300k 36, supporter owned club 18, I'm more than happy with that effort! Thanks for letting us win the second half, it's much appreciated, will hopefully give us great confidence for next week! So we shall again!

MADREDNIGE    10

you should hear yourselves! you have no divine right to be good all the time

I agree we will not get 50+ every week just cos wer,e playing 'lesser' apponents,these teams are simly not just gunna roll over and not compete,we do have to be on our mettle though ALL match if we are to achive our aims !!