Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stratobill

Featherstone V Hunslet.Sun 24th Feb 3pm K.O.

Match Prediction   35 members have voted

1. 1. Win, Lose or Draw

• Featherstone To Win
    • Hunslet To Win
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

91 posts in this topic

Hunslet were slowing our PTB right down, got several cheap shots in and Fev missing 5-6 great chances all contributed to what happened late on due to pure frustration!!!! And yes we did win the penalty count 8-6 but it's the penalties the ref doesn't give that matter sometimes ;) ;)

I wouldn't be too bothered if we lost the 2nd half every week as long as we take the 3 points :) :) :)

you having a laugh talking about slowing the play the ball down, you got away with lying on for 6/7 seconds every tackle and the amount of second efforts you put in was ridiculous but then again that's the main difference between the teams, you guys were smart enough to realise that the ref wasn't giving penalties for it, were as hunslet players didn't so were getting bashed around the ruck.

as for the penalty count, hunslet got 4 on the bounce in the last 10 minutes and was 8-1 at that point.

you having a laugh talking about slowing the play the ball down, you got away with lying on for 6/7 seconds every tackle and the amount of second efforts you put in was ridiculous but then again that's the main difference between the teams, you guys were smart enough to realise that the ref wasn't giving penalties for it, were as hunslet players didn't so were getting bashed around the ruck.

as for the penalty count, hunslet got 4 on the bounce in the last 10 minutes and was 8-1 at that point.

Calm down the games over we won end of whether we were good. Bad or the ref was good or bad etc. the 3 points are on the board and that's all that matters. But you were never going to win the game I thought after the first 10 mins our class shone in abundance in the first half and whether we eased off or bombed chances or whatever we were always in control of the game from 10 mins into it all way through to the end even though you scored them late try's. I'm very confident that if the game was closer come the last 10 mins you wouldn't have scored them late try's

On the duel reg argument, if teams want to do it fair enough, but in my opinion it will only harm the team, long term. I remember when we had Hardaker on loan, we were at the mercy of Leeds and in the end most of the fans wished him luck but were glad when he finally went permanently to Leeds. The team settled down, we were fortunate to get the services of Ben Cockayne who was unattached and the rest of the season is history.

The worrying thing for me is two fold;

A) A team can be too reliant on a battery of DR players and a huge vacuum can be left at a minute's notice should the players be recalled but that's the risk you take. However, this has a secondary effect that you boys at Hunslet are beginning to see the start of, namely the disillusionment of first team bread and butter players, lads may not be Super League standard but give their all for the club.

Look at Joe Mclocklan a great honest professional, travelling from Hull for training and matchday only to see Liam Hood drafted in on DR or loan or whatever and I believe this must have had a bearing on him not re-signing.

Liam Welham ( the same guy who has lost a set of teeth, broken his nose and has had dentures embedded in his skull, as well has giving his m.o.m champagne to an elderly lady in the terrace) same coming over from Hull, sees Jimmy Keinhorst in his spot, what's that going to do for Liam's morale?

A good solid pro like Jimmy Houston, " Errr sorry James ... Er Kylie's playing today, can theee carry't watter?"

Lee Mapals, I met Lee , smashing lad, lot of time for him, worked hard to get a second chance in game, solid pro. What chance Lee getting a look in now Jamel Chisholm's arrived ?

And finally Mr. Reliable, steady hardworking pro Stuart Kain, "thanks but no thanks Stu we've got Jimmy now."

That's what gets me about the DR system, lads just going to the wall on the whim of a team's system.

Do you mean like Ben Kaye, Kyle Briggs & Darryl Powell type rejects or the players Hunslet have on dual-reg who Leeds actually see a future in?

What a ridiculous argument. You forgot to include Kainy by the way, Leeds Academy like Kaye and Briggs. You may as well chuck in Ryan Sheridan as well. Who's amp by the way? Was he the guy with electric pace? I don't think he's in the CURRENT squad. I'll get my coat and leave puns like that to you Col.

On the duel reg argument, if teams want to do it fair enough, but in my opinion it will only harm the team, long term. I remember when we had Hardaker on loan, we were at the mercy of Leeds and in the end most of the fans wished him luck but were glad when he finally went permanently to Leeds. The team settled down, we were fortunate to get the services of Ben Cockayne who was unattached and the rest of the season is history.

The worrying thing for me is two fold;

A) A team can be too reliant on a battery of DR players and a huge vacuum can be left at a minute's notice should the players be recalled but that's the risk you take. However, this has a secondary effect that you boys at Hunslet are beginning to see the start of, namely the disillusionment of first team bread and butter players, lads may not be Super League standard but give their all for the club.

Look at Joe Mclocklan a great honest professional, travelling from Hull for training and matchday only to see Liam Hood drafted in on DR or loan or whatever and I believe this must have had a bearing on him not re-signing.

Liam Welham ( the same guy who has lost a set of teeth, broken his nose and has had dentures embedded in his skull, as well has giving his m.o.m champagne to an elderly lady in the terrace) same coming over from Hull, sees Jimmy Keinhorst in his spot, what's that going to do for Liam's morale?

A good solid pro like Jimmy Houston, " Errr sorry James ... Er Kylie's playing today, can theee carry't watter?"

Lee Mapals, I met Lee , smashing lad, lot of time for him, worked hard to get a second chance in game, solid pro. What chance Lee getting a look in now Jamel Chisholm's arrived ?

And finally Mr. Reliable, steady hardworking pro Stuart Kain, "thanks but no thanks Stu we've got Jimmy now."

That's what gets me about the DR system, lads just going to the wall on the whim of a team's system.

would that be

Mclocklan who turned down a offer well before DR

Welham who is injury

Houston who's played every game

Mapels who is seeming behind brickwood, pryce & bush

Kain who has played 2 games and lost his spot to injury

must try harder

I don't have to try owt. I know some of these guys personally and I know the score. Keep telling yourself it'll be okay and you'll be fine. How do you know Blakeway and Mac didn't know this was coming even before it was officially announced? DR was upon us 2 or 3 seasons ago in some form was it not? Do you think if Welham was fit he would be preferred over Keinhorst? All I asked was how would this affect his morale, knowing that he tried hard at his previous two clubs clubs only to be usurped. Tom Bush is a good player I'll accept that. You miss the point with Houston. Yes he has played all the games, but correct me if I'm wrong he played in the back row yesterday, he is a prop, on the occasions that Leuluai is called upon it puts the likes of Houston, who is already playing out of position because of DR Singleton, further down the pecking order. Where's Windley and Wilson, Buttery? I don't see them anywhere near the first team.

I don't have to try owt. I know some of these guys personally and I know the score. Keep telling yourself it'll be okay and you'll be fine. How do you know Blakeway and Mac didn't know this was coming even before it was officially announced? DR was upon us 2 or 3 seasons ago in some form was it not? Do you think if Welham was fit he would be preferred over Keinhorst? All I asked was how would this affect his morale, knowing that he tried hard at his previous two clubs clubs only to be usurped. Tom Bush is a good player I'll accept that. You miss the point with Houston. Yes he has played all the games, but correct me if I'm wrong he played in the back row yesterday, he is a prop, on the occasions that Leuluai is called upon it puts the likes of Houston, who is already playing out of position because of DR Singleton, further down the pecking order. Where's Windley and Wilson, Buttery? I don't see them anywhere near the first team.

no he wouldn't, keinhorst is a class above welham on what he's shown so far, but equally welham is a class about the rest of hunslet's centres.

houston is a long minutes prop or second rower, him playing in the backrower is not unusual for hunslet. it may have passed your attention yesterday but hunslet only subbed hood in the first half, both singleton & yates played the full 40 minutes in the first half. so houston in the backrow is better for himself & better for hunslet.

windley has broken his cheekbone

wilson & buttery are injured

no he wouldn't, keinhorst is a class above welham on what he's shown so far, but equally welham is a class about the rest of hunslet's centres.

houston is a long minutes prop or second rower, him playing in the backrower is not unusual for hunslet. it may have passed your attention yesterday but hunslet only subbed hood in the first half, both singleton & yates played the full 40 minutes in the first half. so houston in the backrow is better for himself & better for hunslet.

windley has broken his cheekbone

wilson & buttery are injured

Mate, yeah it obviously escaped my attention, as you can tell I watch only one team. By the way saying that Singleton and Yates put a full forty minutes in the first half yesterday was no great feat, as it may have escaped your attention, they went in 26-0 down. You've got a rather hostile tone, if you were to read the context of the original message there was no bragging, arrogance, it was my opinion on how I see the wrongs and rights of the DR system. For what it's worth in an earlier post on another thread I thought that Singleton, Hood and Watson were the stand out players for the Hawks, all I was saying was that in my opinion teams will lose players to the system I may be wrong C'est la vie. I think on the prediction thread I you read my post prior to the game, that I didn't think it would be a one sided affair and I attempted to extol the virtues of your team. I think. I'll not bother any more and if I get chance behind the mic at The atmospheric South Leeds stadium I might just rip the p**s out em. Having said that I think you may win the return game as you will probably have Maguire, Burrow, Hardaker, Syd Hynes, Lewjs Jones and Max Baer juniour at your disposal.

it's not unusual for people not to fully notice their own teams use of subs, let alone the opposition.

it maybe how you see the ups & downs of the DR system, however your examples have been mainly been wrong. sorry if it comes across as hostile but IMO if you going to give an option on another clubs use of DR/partnerships you should at least do homework on the players in question. granted at least you've tried backing up your thoughts rather than the usual slagging off the system without any reasoning.

some maybe lost but personally i don't see it being much different to the situation at most clubs where a hand full of players are going to miss out anyway. most clubs will have 25-30 players signed on, only 17 can play on match day, so there is always going to be some lads disappointed, its the nature of sport. if these players are going to sulk and go home rather than putting in extra work/effort at training then i'm not sure they're in the right place in the first place.

personally i thought hood was poor other than the last 10 minutes.

The sulky thing I'm not so sure about nowadays. Take Welham or Macca for instance. It's a 100 mile round trip for training and match day. Petrol's eight seven quid a gallon now. Imagine swapping your shifts, finishing work early, then maybe risking injury that may result in you being on sick, only to be told that you wouldn't be playing anyway. You had a player called Anthony Henderson, who couldn't take that risk and gave the game up for work commitments. The DR players don't really have that worry. Had Kylie Leuluai been available yesterday I'm sure one of the lads that played snd gave full commitment to the cause would have been dropped.

As for the examples I have given being incorrect we shall wait and see.

Where's Windley and Wilson, Buttery? I don't see them anywhere near the first team.

I understand Chris Buttery is considering his future in the game for this exact reason Vausey.

I understand Chris Buttery is considering his future in the game for this exact reason Vausey.

I think someone's been giving you wrong info

i can't believe it's not buttery

If that's the case, and I sincerely hope it's not, then it's a sad day for the game.

I think someone's been giving you wrong info

Probably the same person that informed everyone our top centre, captain and Under 20's coach was jacking it all in due to us getting some wingers and a second row from Hull.