Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boro hornet

Gloucestershire All Golds

26 posts in this topic

Does any one know where Gloucestershire All Golds will be playing their home matches,Rochdale Hornets play them on the May bank holiday and we want to make a weekend off our trip.I'm sure I have heard they are playing in Cheltenham but where.Any information would be helpful.

Looks like the same attendance

It's like a colourful New River.

Aye. Once them puddles on the pitch dry up, the job's a good 'un.

Im not a fan of watching RL from behind a running track, but needs must and all the best to Gloucestershire. They have one of those names that you would have said would NEVER EVER be a RFL club back when I was growing up. Good luck to 'em.

It's like a colourful New River.

But with a pitch that extends onto the running track!

I'm sure they've been working on the Prince of Wales to tweak it a bit for Championship 1 - I'm sure I was told that they were sticking some terracing at one end. I could be wrong about that, mind.

I went along to watch the trial game they had the other day against Oxford Uni. There were one or two players I'd expect to be in the Championship 1 squad, but mostly players they've been training with over the last few months. I suspect one or two may be added to their squad. It was a scrappy game but a dominant performance - something like 58-0. One of the Sonics lads, who has been training with them, scored a hat-trick. Think there were five or our lads playing for the All Golds. One did his hamstring or knee after about two minutes on the pitch… ouch. There was also another young lad (around 20 years old) from Gloucestershire Warriors. He seems to have the attributes to make it - will be interesting to see if he signs for them.

I'm sure they've been working on the Prince of Wales to tweak it a bit for Championship 1 - I'm sure I was told that they were sticking some terracing at one end. I could be wrong about that, mind.

I went along to watch the trial game they had the other day against Oxford Uni. There were one or two players I'd expect to be in the Championship 1 squad, but mostly players they've been training with over the last few months. I suspect one or two may be added to their squad. It was a scrappy game but a dominant performance - something like 58-0. One of the Sonics lads, who has been training with them, scored a hat-trick. Think there were five or our lads playing for the All Golds. One did his hamstring or knee after about two minutes on the pitch… ouch. There was also another young lad (around 20 years old) from Gloucestershire Warriors. He seems to have the attributes to make it - will be interesting to see if he signs for them.

Any chance Michael Coady could head back down there? Not heard about him in a a while.....

According to league express this week, they've already got a fixture crisis with NRC and Student Cup games throughout March. Surely that was a problem they should have foreseen before the fixtures came out. This in a season where the C1 clubs start a month later than ever before.

Hopefully there will be some info on tickets etc sometime soon.

However, as a few posters on here seemed to think their business model did not involve paying spectators, maybe not.

Have they pulled out of student comp due to NRC? Doesn't say much about strength of their side!!

Have they pulled out of student comp due to NRC? Doesn't say much about strength of their side!!

How many other NL clubs also play in a student comp?

Any chance Michael Coady could head back down there? Not heard about him in a a while.....

Good question. Is he still on Leeds' books? If so, they could farm him out. I guess it might also depend on whether he can get a job etc - think he's a teacher by trade. Would be good to have him back down in this neck of the woods.

Also, with regards to the "student comp", they won the SRL Super Six last week. I was under the impression that their season was complete/they finished it earlier.

They won the student comp. The first team other than Leeds Met to do so since 2006. Thats pretty strong.

It is the cup comp they have pulled out off. Apparently the RFL told them it would be too much to play two games a week through March which is probably correct. How many CC1 would manage that?

They won the student comp. The first team other than Leeds Met to do so since 2006. Thats pretty strong.

Not true Gav, Loughborough finished top in 2009-2010 season.

he BUCS Championships (what Glouscester have pulled of) are like the play-offs. They've won the minor premiership, but the trophy is engraved with the winner of the comp they're now not in. This is what Leeds Met have a stranglehold on.

Not true Gav, Loughborough finished top in 2009-2010 season.

he BUCS Championships (what Glouscester have pulled of) are like the play-offs. They've won the minor premiership, but the trophy is engraved with the winner of the comp they're now not in. This is what Leeds Met have a stranglehold on.

I stand corrected. Lovely stuff.

The University of Gloucestershire All Golds Academy will provide eight players for the South West of England Colleges Rugby League squad when the national trials take place at Nottingham University on March 23.

LINK TO ARTICLE

They have now been told by BUCS they must enter so they are now playing in it.

What a mess. How could this not have been foreseen? Are they basically intending to use the same players all year round?