Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terry Mullaney

Rovers Support

159 posts in this topic

And after getting 1400 for their opening fixture, Halifax might struggle

Fax won't get anywhere near the 2500 figure if its still a requirement. There has be zero marketing for the new season and the games aren't pushed at all apart from on Twitter. If licensing is to remain, this was Faxs big chance to push for it and in my opinion they haven't even bothered. Very strange seeing as though the directors still talk about pushing for SL.

Fax won't get anywhere near the 2500 figure if its still a requirement. There has be zero marketing for the new season and the games aren't pushed at all apart from on Twitter. If licensing is to remain, this was Faxs big chance to push for it and in my opinion they haven't even bothered. Very strange seeing as though the directors still talk about pushing for SL.

But they have to say that, don't they? The reality may be that they know they can't afford it, but don't want to alienate their fans.

(I think this argument is copyrighted by Parksider) :D

But they have to say that, don't they? The reality may be that they know they can't afford it, but don't want to alienate their fans.

(I think this argument is copyrighted by Parksider) :D

I agree but providing no marketing what so ever to increase the attendances is strange. Especially as the owner has a direct marketing company.

I agree but providing no marketing what so ever to increase the attendances is strange. Especially as the owner has a direct marketing company.

I didn't know that. Indeed, that is strange. Lack of marketing knowhow (and practice) is probably my main criticism of the game today.

Might depend how many Batley bring to the Shay. ;):lol:

Seriously, as someone who lives near Halifax, I've never seen anything other than the usual match reports in the Courier. No special offers, adverts, nothing.

No disrespect to Fev and the fantastic marketing being done at present but surely they are third in the current franchise farce, behind Fax and Leigh due to ground and facilities.

Lets hope for two tens in 2015 so we get break away from all these dead clubs who have twinned.

Halifax were rejected last time despite Bradford being given a B grade. Perhaps they have lost heart. Fev havent had a knock back yet but if they are knocked back their crowds will fade

No disrespect to Fev and the fantastic marketing being done at present but surely they are third in the current franchise farce, behind Fax and Leigh due to ground and facilities.

Lets hope for two tens in 2015 so we get break away from all these dead clubs who have twinned.

Not sure about this given their planned ground improvements.

I'm only a fan of the 2x10 concept if it would involve 2up/down.

Otherwise if pnly one up/down I'd rather have 14 teams in SL and spread the money anyway over two divs. it is quite clear that SL clubs have too much cash if they can farm out dual reg players. Much better if these players were fulltime single regs

o yes basing Leigh's application solely on renting a nice stadium, arnt Leigh and Halifax's crowds dwindling maybe they just don't want superleague

If licensing is to remain, this was Faxs big chance to push for it and in my opinion they haven't even bothered. Very strange seeing as though the directors still talk about pushing for SL.

The last thing they would do is say they are not going for SL.

The SL wannabees are the clubs with the biggest CC crowds.

Saying you have no desire for SL would be a big turn off at the turnstyle. I suspect some clubs have even gone so far as to put applications in that fall way short and pretend to cry foul when they don't get in.

That's happened twice.

1. No disrespect to Fev and the fantastic marketing being done at present but surely they are third in the current franchise farce, behind Fax and Leigh due to ground and facilities.

2. Lets hope for two tens in 2015 so we get break away from all these dead clubs who have twinned.

1. Shiney grounds don't cut it any more, otherwise Donny may as well apply. You need money to operate in SL. Fev claim to have a rich benefactor on board. Fax Fans point at Mr. Abbot. Leigh have no money man. I think that's the running order.

2. GREAT line that.

The last thing they would do is say they are not going for SL.

The SL wannabees are the clubs with the biggest CC crowds.

Saying you have no desire for SL would be a big turn off at the turnstyle. I suspect some clubs have even gone so far as to put applications in that fall way short and pretend to cry foul when they don't get in.

That's happened twice.

you could well be right. However, there are a number of Fans at Halifax who are happy competing for trophies in the Championship rather than playing in SL. I don't get that mentality myself but I don't think Faxs crowds would reduce by much if they did say the couldn't afford SL.

you could well be right. However, there are a number of Fans at Halifax who are happy competing for trophies in the Championship rather than playing in SL. I don't get that mentality myself but I don't think Faxs crowds would reduce by much if they did say the couldn't afford SL.

Clubs always have to talk themselves up and what better way than to tell their fans they are going for SL but not actually do a lot about it. the fans mainly fall for it. Enough fans on here where we analyse matters fall for the idea Leigh, Sheffield and even oxford can "build towards Superleague.

I am interested in seeing how crowds go at the clubs who have really announced their abandonment of ambition by going DR, certainly at the club who is serious about SL crowds are going significantly up.

1400 at Fax? Even if only 200 still held out hope for SL, to disappoint and lose them is a large part of your crowd, and does pay bills. In addition fans come and go anyway and the additional danger is youngsters and families look away to SL.

The demographic of the CC clubs is also a big worry, they're becoming old mans clubs.

IMO clubs shouldnt really be in the second tier of our professional structure if they have no ambition for playing in the top flight.

Back in 1998 all clubs in the second tier had ambition but the RFL brought in FTF - but not for SL clubs! That ruined everything

o yes basing Leigh's application solely on renting a nice stadium, arnt Leigh and Halifax's crowds dwindling maybe they just don't want superleague

Daz - you have a point, but I'm pretty sure Fax's crowds were bigger than Fevs before the last knockback. I would argue that there is not really much between Leigh, Fax and Fev crowdwise - Fev may be shading it at the mo because they are on a roll, but if Leigh have a very good year then I can see us approaching pethaps 3k. We got over 5k V Leeds (not known for vast away travel) last year despite having no chance. I think this was more than Fev got against their arch rivals Cas and then Wigan

IMO clubs shouldnt really be in the second tier of our professional structure if they have no ambition for playing in the top flight.

Back in 1998 all clubs in the second tier had ambition but the RFL brought in FTF - but not for SL clubs! That ruined everything

What's FTF? I'm drawing a blank.

Framing the Future?

Framing The Future? Perhaps?

God, GJ! You're fast!

So it's not Fun Time Frankie? Jokes aside, I still haven't twigged. I don't even know what Framing the Future is.

Future is not a word frequently found on these forums..unless it is preceded by the word no and followed by the phrase without P and R :lol:

So it's not Fun Time Frankie? Jokes aside, I still haven't twigged. I don't even know what Framing the Future is.

It was a document brought out that outlined how clubs in the Northern Ford Premiership should shape up if they wanted to join Super League... but I don't think they applied to Super League clubs.

It was a document brought out that outlined how clubs in the Northern Ford Premiership should shape up if they wanted to join Super League... but I don't think they applied to Super League clubs.

Ta.

Sadly only the RFL/SLE opinion counts and they look to Australia for their inspiration as to how it should be and how it is there meets what they have always strived for. The smaller clubs around the Professional clubs being slaves to those clubs.

Back in 1996 the second tier clubs had peed the RFL/SLE off by not merging. Was FTF ever anything to do with ensuring a vibrant championship forever more?

The championship was necessary to SL at one time because it contained several clubs SL wanted - Hull and Wakefield for instance. Today the biggest clubs are now in SL so I'm sure (sadly) RFL/SLE have far less interest in the Championship as a stand alone competition.

The recent changes indicate what they want it to become IMHO.

Also you can't go on being an SL wannabee and continually failing at each license round, eventually fans and directors may lose heart anyway

It was a bit more than what Matt J described.: see http://en.rugbyleagu...ming_the_Future

1994.The report described the British game's finances as being in crisis.[1] A financial analysis of 31 professional RFL member clubs had found that they were losing almost £3 million per annum between 1991 and 1993, with 17 clubs being technically insolvent.

Discuss