Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

philipw

Steve McCormack Resigns

60 posts in this topic

Really bad news.

Thankyou to him for giving us some wondeful moments culminating in winning the Championship1.

A very sincere man and above all a gentleman. I am sure that the sad passing of his father has had a major influence on his decision and that is fully understandable.

I'd like to thank Steve and wish him and his family well in the future.

Sad news, I would imagine Marlon and Watto will be put in temporary charge.

I'm definitely fearing our survival in this league now.

Come on Paul surely that is a knee jerk reaction. Let's at least wait and see who is in the frame.

Thank you Steve you allowed me to finally witness Swinton win the league I will remember that forever. Good luck in your future endeavours.

If watto and marlon were to be put in charge, on a temporary basis, it wouldnt be the worst thing, they have both been working under Steve for the past 2 seasons and so should be able to continue with his philosophy's, and that should be good for the team as things wont become too unsettled...in my opinion

Anybody speculating on who will take the reins? Richard Marshall? Noble could we afford him? Who else is available?

like it or not at the moment that may be the best or only option.

Steve has brought the club a long way over the last couple of years and i would like to thank him and wish him all the best for the future.

Big shoes to fill now but lets get behind the boys who ever is in charge.

Riggy

Well one of our former players is in the country this week might be a good time to open negotiations with Craig Bellamy?

I'd like to see Marlon and Watson take charge but to do so I think Watson would have retire. Just don't let Paul Kidd have another go because we all know what happened last time!

maybe a Warrington A team coach on season long dual reg lol

joking aside all the best to Steve all round good guy

Lee

Respect to Steve McCormack. It was a major shot in the arm for Swinton Lions when he was persuaded to take over and it came as no surprise to yours truly when the improvement in on-field performances was both instant and sustained.

He understands what's needed to provide true leadership to players from the coaching position and get the best out of them on a consistent basis, something that had been lacking prior to his arrival. He turned a losing habit into a winning habit to get the club out of Championship One and did remarkably well to fashion a team that was so competitive in the Championship last season - it was a pity they only won 4 games as that was a megre return for the quality of rugby produced.

I fear the underlying reasons for his resignation include disappointment at the break up of last year's team and the effect of the partnership with Warrington and how it has been handled by the club, as to a great extent his authority has been undermined and the job of coaching Swinton Lions been made almost impossible such is the lack of stability in the line up of players. To some degree these problems reflect problems across the game in general, but these problems have been compounded by the manner of this year's recruitment.

Sadly John and Paul Kidd have taken things so far it is now impossible for them to back track and repair the damage, at least for this season, but surely the loss of Steve McCormack should make them and a few other fans of the "partnership" think again about its merits and detriments, no???

Respect to Steve McCormack. It was a major shot in the arm for Swinton Lions when he was persuaded to take over and it came as no surprise to yours truly when the improvement in on-field performances was both instant and sustained.

He understands what's needed to provide true leadership to players from the coaching position and get the best out of them on a consistent basis, something that had been lacking prior to his arrival. He turned a losing habit into a winning habit to get the club out of Championship One and did remarkably well to fashion a team that was so competitive in the Championship last season - it was a pity they only won 4 games as that was a megre return for the quality of rugby produced.

I fear the underlying reasons for his resignation include disappointment at the break up of last year's team and the effect of the partnership with Warrington and how it has been handled by the club, as to a great extent his authority has been undermined and the job of coaching Swinton Lions been made almost impossible such is the lack of stability in the line up of players. To some degree these problems reflect problems across the game in general, but these problems have been compounded by the manner of this year's recruitment.

Sadly John and Paul Kidd have taken things so far it is now impossible for them to back track and repair the damage, at least for this season, but surely the loss of Steve McCormack should make them and a few other fans of the "partnership" think again about its merits and detriments, no???

You know this for certain do you Phil. Nothing to do with his recent loss of a father he was extremely close to.

Amazing how you use this opportunity to yet again have a go at the Kidd family.

I think Steve is a man of his word Phil instead of unsubstantiated speculation his statement should be taken as such.

Everyone on the forum is well aware of the agenda you have with the Kidds please don't use Steves departure as another excuse to get at them.

As custodians of Swinton Lions, the Kidds should expect their record of achievement or otherwise to be a matter of public interest.

They have made some major errors of judgement in the way the club has been run this season.

Steve McCormack wouldn't say as much openly, its not in his best interests to do so if he wishes to keep open the option of getting another coaching job in due course.

If people want to believe his resignation is nothing to do with the decimation of last year's team, the manner of this year's recruitment and the impact of how partnering with Warrington has been done, its your choice. I know what I believe, and fully respect Steve McCormack for taking the decision he has.

As custodians of Swinton Lions, the Kidds should expect their record of achievement or otherwise to be a matter of public interest.

They have made some major errors of judgement in the way the club has been run this season.

Steve McCormack wouldn't say as much openly, its not in his best interests to do so if he wishes to keep open the option of getting another coaching job in due course.

If people want to believe his resignation is nothing to do with the decimation of last year's team, the manner of this year's recruitment and the impact of how partnering with Warrington has been done, its your choice. I know what I believe, and fully respect Steve McCormack for taking the decision he has.

That sums you up fully.....a know all. No compassion the fact his father passed away just the opportunity to points score.