Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

philipw

Steve McCormack Resigns

60 posts in this topic

I blame D/R, Swinton and Warrington for putting horse meat in my burgers. I may as well, it looks like they're responsible for everything else that happens!

couldnt agree more with what you have said phil like yourself i put my name to any post i put and my posting rip the lions will come true unless they sort out the direction of the club and move away asap from dr.

Would you please translate that.!!

I think a few people need to have a look at themselves. for anybody to call Steve Mac a liar is a disgrace. the guy has been open and honest from day one. for anybody to say that he is not telling the truth and that hes not left because of the stated reasons does a disservice to Steve and the memory of his father.

I honestly believe that if Steve read this he would be upset.

I think you should issue an apology, grow up, and stop with the conspiracy theories.

I too thank SM for all his efforts over his two years with the Lions and he came along just at the right time. I also respect his wishes and will not be posting on here that he is lying about why he has chosen to leave us. His reasons are his business and not for us to speculate on!

Respect is due ladies so stop squabbling like hens scratching around in the yard for snippets of scandal!

I too thank SM for all his efforts over his two years with the Lions and he came along just at the right time. I also respect his wishes and will not be posting on here that he is lying about why he has chosen to leave us. His reasons are his business and not for us to speculate on!

Respect is due ladies so stop squabbling like hens scratching around in the yard for snippets of scandal!

I'm not convinced anyone has used the word "lying". That's one hell of a grenade to chuck in if you want the squabbling to stop. When people leave a job, any job, it is often for several reasons.

I think there is a body of people who believe that there are many reasons for his departure, of which, "a desire to spend more time with his family" is the primary one. No-one expects him, or the club, to start going in to detail in a press release. In fact, if he did say something inflammatory, then his desire to be with his family will be interrupted by the phone ringing off the hook.

Maybe he will release his book in a few years time with a bit more detail. Until then, he is utterly entitled to his privacy and our very best wishes. I look forward to his memoirs though!

If Im right Steve has iterated his reason for resigning and not 'one of the reasons'. That is enough for me. If he did chose not to not to disclose other reasons then he did that for a purpose and speculating on here will not help him. The only reason to do so is to add fuel to the fire which already burns bright on this forum.

Steve has gone now and his replacement will arrive in due course!

Just seen Andy Gregory on Chorley Rd,he would be a good choice,experienced Coach and a former Warrington player.

Just seen Andy Gregory on Chorley Rd,he would be a good choice,experienced Coach and a former Warrington player.

Dave these are the type of comments which do nobody any good.

A sad day for both Steve and the club..............clearly a man of principle, I too am thankful for having seen Swinton win the Championship......I also wish Steve the very best of luck in the future.

Andy Gregory? There more chance of getting lumbered with Andy Pandy than Andy Gregory.