Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my missus

todays bans

22 posts in this topic

The RFL have certainly got the Westwood one wrong. His club are playing Hull FC at the weekend and whenever that occurs, players either get no ban whatsoever or mysteriously reappear after a long bout of injury.

I'll await a successful appeal.

The RFL have certainly got the Westwood one wrong. His club are playing Hull FC at the weekend and whenever that occurs, players either get no ban whatsoever or mysteriously reappear after a long bout of injury.

I'll await a successful appeal.

Interesting to play the paranoia card when a decision goes in your favour.

glad scruton got off....

Fined £300 maybe not a match ban, but certainly not let off!

Westwood and Webb match each for handbags, hope that any punches thrown are treated the same......handbags = 1 game bans

I think we should sell Westwood , he's a liability and he won't be missed on Saturday

why?

because in all the "shoulder charge" hysteria...this was'nt the type of "shoulder charge" thats been banned or will get banned her very shortlyby the RFL.....the tackle was a fraction late....thats what i believe he got the fine for....plus it was more the whiplash that knocked the lad out

hits like this....have rightly been banned...not got a problem in that

but theres nothing wrong with big chest/shoulder hits as long as the arms are involved...like scrutons....

or simon dwyers

I think we should sell Westwood , he's a liability and he won't be missed on Saturday

Right.

Disappointed Bousquet didn't get his ban extended for wasting everyone's time

:D

I actually glanced through Google images of paranoia to include one in my post but didn't find any I thought appropriate.

Fans "bring back the biff!!!"

Players biff.

Fans "ban them - they're a disgrace!!!"

:D

I actually glanced through Google images of paranoia to include one in my post but didn't find any I thought appropriate.

Incidentally, I don't have a problem with the decision to ban Westwood. I hope he'd do the same if we were to play Catalans again soon.

Hull should be pretty confident for this weekend, I think. Without Briers, Morley, Westwood and Harrison, there's every chance the average age of our team will dip beneath 70.

because in all the "shoulder charge" hysteria...this was'nt the type of "shoulder charge" thats been banned or will get banned her very shortlyby the RFL.....

Correct it was a late shot on a player looking the other way - shoulder to the head

Why he didn't get a ban is beyond me - consistency is all we ask for

Correct it was a late shot on a player looking the other way - shoulder to the head

It was shoulder to shoulder. The head then ricocheted onto the shoulder.

The fine was for reckless and late - of which it was both. If it was high he would have been banned.

It was marginally late, on a player who was running close to the line, looking to pass (or maybe dummy the pass and run, from Scruton's viewpoint) and it was shoulder to shoulder with the hands involved so probably wouldn't even be included in the new ruling anyway.

The consistency I'd like is for people to keep their eyes open when viewing incidents.... :rolleyes: It's a shame the kid got hurt, and I hope he's ok, but you can't blame Scruton - as Mr Silverwood said on Saturday night, "there was nothing in it".

It was marginally late, on a player who was running close to the line, looking to pass (or maybe dummy the pass and run, from Scruton's viewpoint) and it was shoulder to shoulder with the hands involved so probably wouldn't even be included in the new ruling anyway.

The consistency I'd like is for people to keep their eyes open when viewing incidents.... :rolleyes: It's a shame the kid got hurt, and I hope he's ok, but you can't blame Scruton - as Mr Silverwood said on Saturday night, "there was nothing in it".

so why was he fined?

so why was he fined?

<insert comment about Nigel Wood and his food bill, smirk>

If this had been Chase on a Bradford player, you lot would be going beserk for a lengthy ban.

If this had been Chase on a Bradford player, you lot would be going beserk for a lengthy ban.

Well luckily we don't have to, and why's that, oh yeah, cos he got himself banned with a stupid shot.

Well luckily we don't have to, and why's that, oh yeah, cos he got himself banned with a stupid shot.

This.

Ok folks, its officially open season on Ben Westwood's head. If you spend long enough attacking it, he'll eventually retaliate and you can get him banned.

I've just watched the game again and the Catalans' game plan was shameful. Andy Wilson might think it was all good fun (SL backchat) but to me it was nothing short of physical assault. I'm glad Tony Smith had at least a subliminal dig about it today.