Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D11

Barrow v Batley

88 posts in this topic

Batleys coach stating no duel reg players for tonights game should give an even playing field.

Ground looks a lot better than last time and hard so maybe we will see an expansive fast game from the Raiders tonight :)

Not being negative but I just agreed with his statement..I will be there tonight shouting as loud as I usually do..I would love it if we get the points today. Apparently Dick has worked miracles with the pitch again...which suits us down to the ground..I believe we will push them hard as other than fev i think our pack has been fantastic.

Come on Barrow lets have it...3 points in the bag...you know you can do it!

Batleys coach stating no duel reg players for tonights game should give an even playing field.

Ground looks a lot better than last time and hard so maybe we will see an expansive fast game from the Raiders tonight :)

We have only had one dual registered player in each game tho, so that's not really a leveller

Not being negative but I just agreed with his statement..I will be there tonight shouting as loud as I usually do..I would love it if we get the points today. Apparently Dick has worked miracles with the pitch again...which suits us down to the ground..I believe we will push them hard as other than fev i think our pack has been fantastic.

Come on Barrow lets have it...3 points in the bag...you know you can do it!

That's the spirit soss!

Dick is a miracle worker

He does a great job.

Lets put these doggies down!

All was going well for the opening 30 mins and we were IMO Unlucky not to get that 2nd Try, but then their speed and nous begain to tell, weak upper body tackling on line lead to an easy TD on the whistle,(4-16) Black pulling the strings and their lad campbell is quality, learning curve for the lads, hope we get a BP tonight, Barrow bit more determined in the opening of the 2nd half, great Campbell try 10-16 now.

Good decent effort that lads, Tried all night, Bully immense Dawson also VG, good BP tonight, won the 2nd half 6-4, improving every week, happy enough tonight.

Att 932 could be better,

pleased with the BP great effort from the lads against a good team, andrew (brewie) dawson was immense!! harrison also, going on that performance we will stay up!!!!! cmon barrow

Att 932 could be better,

thought it would of been less than that myself, (thursday night, freezing cold.)

pleased with the BP great effort from the lads against a good team, andrew (brewie) dawson was immense!! harrison also, going on that performance we will stay up!!!!! cmon barrow

Plenty of positives to be taken from tonight.

We will come good.

Good hard game tonight but the Dogs always had the upper hand but cant knock the effort or fitness one bit..... just lack creativity in attack.

I wish we would move up quicker in defence at the play the ball and Batley made lots of yards from acting halfback.

Oh and if we back Kurt Haggerty up more when going forward we might find some gaps instead of losing it in a turnover.

Wish Clay could get more of the ball as well...with bull as his centre he would get plenty of oppertunities down the left flank.

Dawson and Bull great tonight and Campbells try was class

id like to see a Finch/Campbell half back partnership given a try as well ??

Many positives to take from the game. I thought they neutralised Harrison very well, they pretty much ensured every time he got the ball he wasn't running 1 v 1. We really need to work on our defence though, a lot of there tries were just one pass and they went through and scored. I prefer Haney at full back to Mcgilvary I think he's more solid. Surprised no one has mentioned Toal so far, I thought he was absolutely immense and deserved MOM along with Dawson who was quality all game too. We did still need a decent attacking centre though I don't think we're much of a threat when we get out wide and seem to give away easy metres when they run out there.

The performance was much improved. We are only going to get better as the season goes on and we could of won this game easily, bring on next week.

cracking performance i thought scott kaighans kicking game was pretty good as for the ref some of his decisions were a bit strange but in the end it probably ended up about even with his mistakes.thougt towards the end the bonus point was going to be blown with barrow panicking trying to score a try from nothing a little bit more composure and a couple more tries could of come but got to be happy with the bonus point.how many high tackles went unpunished tonight i think it needs pointing out to the ref that high tackles need to be penalised lol

Many positives to take from the game. I thought they neutralised Harrison very well, they pretty much ensured every time he got the ball he wasn't running 1 v 1. We really need to work on our defence though, a lot of there tries were just one pass and they went through and scored. I prefer Haney at full back to Mcgilvary I think he's more solid. Surprised no one has mentioned Toal so far, I thought he was absolutely immense and deserved MOM along with Dawson who was quality all game too. We did still need a decent attacking centre though I don't think we're much of a threat when we get out wide and seem to give away easy metres when they run out there.

The performance was much improved. We are only going to get better as the season goes on and we could of won this game easily, bring on next week.

I don't think you could have won this game easily, don't know where that comes from. However, you did show promise, especially Harrison who was immense throughout. If all of your team showed the same effort and determination as him you would be flying now.

Gutted, top effort but lack of creativity.

We will improve but I agree with the comment of try finch at half back.

We let some fairly soft tries in which we can't afford to do at any level.

Onwards and upwards!

I don't think you could have won this game easily, don't know where that comes from. However, you did show promise, especially Harrison who was immense throughout. If all of your team showed the same effort and determination as him you would be flying now.

If we'd of done a few more things right we could of won. Its not as if we were miles off in the game, maybe easily is to strong a word to use but the game was certainly winnable with the performance we put in. Harrison would be playing SL if he was playing like this when he was a few years younger.

If we'd of done a few more things right we could of won. Its not as if we were miles off in the game, maybe easily is to strong a word to use but the game was certainly winnable with the performance we put in. Harrison would be playing SL if he was playing like this when he was a few years younger.

Well we can all say that. Batley dropped the ball twice in the second half, when all they had to do was take the ball and they would have been over. It's all ifs and buts. I think Batley were clearly better tonight, faster in the back three and stronger in the forwards. I do think though that your home form will keep you up.

Very good proformance tonight and with mainly local lads 11 out of the starting 13 and another one on the bench.

The Raiders are getting better match by match.

You keep trying to talk, but nothing is coming out. im sure you will get the hang of it soon :D

What is wong with you people harrison made more mistakes than anyone missed tackels and loseing the ball haggerty by far your best forward if you think harrison was great no wandee you are struggerlig

I

We need to move Liam Harrison into the centre position because we are turning him into cannon fodder,let the likes of Dawson,Whitehead Haggerty and the returning forwards do all the tough stuff,Liam needs to be used as more of an attacking weapon IMO!

We looked weak as ###### at times in defence tonight,although I cannot fault the commitment from most of the lads,I thought Dan Toal would struggle with the step up this season but his desire is there for all to see and was my Mom!

Mike Whitehead produced another good shift,but I have to say that apart from the first 20mins we never looked in control,pack size,strength and speed being the main factors against us!

Cannot fault effort at all,but short of a good centre for sure!

What is wong with you people harrison made more mistakes than anyone missed tackels and loseing the ball haggerty by far your best forward if you think harrison was great no wandee you are struggerlig

I

i wished you hadn't of figured it owt now!