Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

23/02/13 - Bradford Bulls v St Helens - KO 2pm

Who will win?   20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bradford Bulls
    • St Helens
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

75 posts in this topic

Well there are two of us on this thread. Not that you would know looking at the poll!

Heh, exactly. I'm a little uneasy with this one-sided voting.

Another safety rule to be introduced for this game is that both Teams will have to play in Ugg Boots!! Any fighting will have to be done by the respective Coaching Staff to save the Players getting hurt!!

3 games gone so I expect Manu to perform this week!

Think it will be close for 50 - 60 minutes before Saints open up and run away with it.

St Helens by 3 scores....

Roby reffing, seems a little unfair to me. Still, with Wellens unavailable.

I think Bulls will win this. Nah, I don't think; I'm almost certain they will! Brown appears to be teaching us some new attacking moves - I watched the Stats Pack on the red button tonight and Clarkey showed how we have been spreading the ball wide rather than going up the middle. That's a distinct change in direction for us and so it is likely that such a change will take most of the season to get used to. Aside from that we also have some right bone idle forwards who love nothing better than to have a little snooze and let a halfback or centre make the tackle for them. Add into that mix the fact that Bradford appear to have a very good spirit, work very hard and have a very unpredictable player in Sammutt and really I don't hold out much hope for a Saints victory.

Nah, not falling for that.

Saints are Saints and are always competitive and in my memory (back to the fifties) may not always be absolutely outstanding but have never ever been less than very good. On that basis, the fact that the Bulls will bust a gut to win, we should be in for a good, entertaining match.

tim roby was quite good last week at hull kr v widnes, saints are dreadful and sammut will tear their halves apart.

Saints to get their backsides into gear at a very very cold (ie, normal) Odsal

Sts to win though by 12

Is he related? I guess he must be for the comment.

Maybe we'll get the sort of reaction we always got from Russ Smith, who being one of our ex-players, never seemed to give us a fifty-fifty, presumably so as not to be thought 'biased'. If ref Roby works on the same subliminal (I never thought it was deliberate) level we may get a bonus.. :D

One thing that is apparent is the lack of St Helens fans on TotalRL these days.

I've just come out of the woodwork! :lol:

Is he related? I guess he must be for the comment.
Nooooo. Just coincidence. Another one of my classic quips. B)

St Helens squad: Ade Gardner, Jordan Turner, Sia Soliola, Francis Meli, Jonny Lomax, James Roby, Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Tony Puletua, Jon Wilkin, Willie Manu, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Flanagan, Gary Wheeler, Josh Jones, Lee Gaskell, Tommy Makinson, Joe Greenwood, Alex Walmsley, Anthony Walker.

Bradford squad: James Donaldson, Adam Sidlow, Manase Manuokafoa, Jamie Langley, Matt Diskin, Brett Kearney, Nick Scruton, Heath L'Estrange, Matty Blythe, Keith Lulia, Elliott Whitehead, Elliot Kear, Jarrod Sammut, Danny Addy, Tom Olbison, Chev Walker, Jobe Murphy, Jamie Foster, Adam O'Brien.

Chev must be okay. Strange that Adam O'Brien has got the nod; that makes 3 hookers. Maybe Heathie's playing scrumhalf. Good sense, if so.

Chev must be okay. Strange that Adam O'Brien has got the nod; that makes 3 hookers. Maybe Heathie's playing scrumhalf. Good sense, if so.

Chev was always ok. He tweet such t'other day. T&A dropped a boob.

Simpler explanation for O'Brien being in 19 man squad is he's our last uninjured player so he has to be included to allow us to name 19. Platt was 50/50 last week so in the 19. Now he's ruled out.

20-0 so far to Saints. Hate to go down this route but this ref is absolutely terrible. Seriously.

20-0 so far to Saints. Hate to go down this route but this ref is absolutely terrible. Seriously.

I'm clearly in some parallel universe.

This is Gledhill on the tweetbox: "Where's all this criticism for the referee coming from? He's wearing pink and blue and not missing tackles."

I'm clearly in some parallel universe.

This is Gledhill on the tweetbox: "Where's all this criticism for the referee coming from? He's wearing pink and blue and not missing tackles."

Presumably his microohone is on.

Who is the referee? Hope its not the deplorable Robert Hicks.

Fantastic to see Lomax get a hat trick. Given that Wellens is clearly past his best it's surely time to stop stifling Jonny at scrum half and make him the fullback permanently.