Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

24/02/13 - Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Huddersfield Giants - KO 3.30pm

Who will win?   15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
    • Huddersfield Giants
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

73 posts in this topic

Apart from the occasional blip Wakey has been a good hunting ground for the Giants, I can't see past a giants win, but it will be close given the way Wakey are playing.

Usually a guaranteed two points for the Farts, yet I have a gut feeling that Trinity will prevail. Hopefully a tight game in front of a packed Belle Vue.

18 - 14.

Little pointer for the away support. The Northern terrace is a home supporters only now. Away fans have been allocated the Western Terrace now.

Everything points to a Giants victory but Trinity are more than capable of upsetting the form team of the season so far.

Much will come down to the pack battle and whichever team gets the upper hand here will win, both teams have form halfbacks and strong threequarter lines,so with forward dominance they are capable of capitalising.

I'll go with Huddersfield in a tough entertaining game

The Giants players are unlikely to have forgotten the hammering Trinity gave them at the Galpharm in the second half of last season, so there are no grounds for underestimating Wakefield.

The Giants to win.

This thread is genuinely baffling

Win the game, then come back and say that.

I think you mean "This thread is genuinely guessing", after all upsets happen, see Castleford v Leeds.

It's ok to think differently.

Fair point

Personally I think we owe them an utter smashing for last season ;)

Fair point

Personally I think we owe them an utter smashing for last season ;)

Indeed, and then get plenty of bans and knocks (only for a week, mind, and firmly tongue in cheek!)

huddersfield bubble to burst, trinity by 6

Despite watching two very impressive performances against Wigan and Saints and a training run out vs the Broncos I am still not optimistic about the Giants.

Last season has scarred me for life I think.

Wakey by 12

As always it will depend who comes good on the day, If the game was played on the team sheet the Giants would have already won, but it's not, Also if the Giants defend as they did against Wigan they should win, Iv'e seen Wakey twice this season and with due respect they don't look in Wigans class, The thing about Wakey is though they do seem to have good team spirit and they always do better than people expect in a season. plus they have a couple of very dangerous players, I expect the Giants to win but i think it will be a tough game.

Come on Steve, we've seen far, far worse...

Yes, but back then there was no hope.

It's the hope I can't stand.

Yes, but back then there was no hope.

It's the hope I can't stand.

:lol: I like it.

It's true!

Knowing your gonna get battered is fine, you get to accept it and appreciate the skill of the other team.

When you go along thinking you might actually win its bloody torture.

Wakefield squad: Richard Mathers, Peter Fox, Dean Collis, Lee Smith, Ben Cockayne, Paul Sykes, Tim Smith, Justin Poore, Paul Aiton, Andy Raleigh, Ali Lauiti'iti, Danny Kirmond, Danny Washbrook, Kyle Wood, Kyle Amor, Oliver Wilkes, Frankie Mariano, Vince Mellars, Chris Annakin.

Huddersfield squad: Scott Grix, Luke George, Leroy Cudjoe, Joe Wardle, Jermaine McGillvary, Danny Brough, Luke Robinson, Eorl Crabtree, Shaun Lunt, Brett Ferres, David Faiumu, Larne Patrick, Jason Chan, Aaron Murphy, Jamie Cording, Jacob Fairbank, Anthony Mullally, Josh Johnson, Stuart Fielden.

Huddersfield squad: Scott Grix, Luke George, Leroy Cudjoe, Joe Wardle, Jermaine McGillvary, Danny Brough, Luke Robinson, Eorl Crabtree, Shaun Lunt, Brett Ferres, David Faiumu, Larne Patrick, Jason Chan, Aaron Murphy, Jamie Cording, Jacob Fairbank, Anthony Mullally, Josh Johnson, Stuart Fielden.

Full debut for Antony Mullally surely. Josh Johnson also in the squad.

Looks like Craig Kopczak's neck injury has kept him out.

It would be sad if he's not fit for the game against Bradford next weekend.

Ta'ai also out.

I suspect Ta'Ai isn't up to full fitness or familiarity with our systems yet (Baloo said he was quite out of shape when he landed) and so long as everyone is fine and playing well no need to rush him in

Maybe for an easier game like Bradford ;)