Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

24/02/13 - Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Huddersfield Giants - KO 3.30pm

Who will win?   15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
    • Huddersfield Giants
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

73 posts in this topic

I fancy Wakefield just. I think they're robust enough to handle Huddersfields pack but will need huge performances from Washbrook and Kirmond to do so.

If Huddersfield defend like they did against Wigan it won't matter what Wakey do

I walked past Paul Anderson inside Odsal today, I dunno if he was there a former Bull, a former Saint or on a scouting mission for next week. I hope it's the latter, he will be nicely lulled into a false sense of security... :unsure:

I am hoping for a good game and a close scoreline :)

Wakey 8 Hudds 10, sounds like a bit of what you wanted.

Makes up for the win Wakey got a season or two back when they scored after the final whistle

I was in a great position to see the final no try and the pass didnt look forward to me.

Silverwood was awfull all afternoon and if he cant raise the level of his performances beyond that then he needs permanently stepping down.

If Huddersfield are table toppers and a good benchmark then Wakefield are the real deal this year and with a bit of money to spend they might just have a dig at the top teams.

Paul Anderson "The best team lost today.." fair play to him..

Giants were terrible today, possibly wont play as badly all season and indeed lucky to win...but if you can pick those points up when you play like that and win, its a good sign right?

Gave Wakey far too much ;)

He was truly awfull!

Allowed Huddersfield to wrestle and hold down all day, I know every team does it to a certain extent but Hudds were allowed to do it to the extreme today.

He also held about three scrums up for ages while he pedanticaly lectured the players on how to bind the front row

missed a few head shots

Wakey never got a 50/50 all game

decision on forward pass was very poor

He did that thing that arrogant refs all do, after incensing the crowd with a blatently wrong decision he then gave a penalty for nothing almost as if to say "F*** you I'm in charge"

Translation

"He was impeccably fair for both sides, one of who adapted to the ref better" ;)

Silverwood was no different than in every other Wakey v Shudds game he refs and he seems to get them all. They bring him along for every visit like some sort of comedy mascot.

In a tight game it makes all the difference.