Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buford t justice

New Stadium Rumour

58 posts in this topic

I heard from a woman at work today who doesnt follow rugby league, that the asians who own the mosque half way up the hill to the Mount have parking problems, and have put together a package to buy the rugby griound to build a new one, and as part of the package they have / will be offering land to build a new stadium.

No idea how much of this is true or complete hogwash, but wondered if anyone had heard this rumour?

I heard from a woman at work today who doesnt follow rugby league, that the asians who own the mosque half way up the hill to the Mount have parking problems, and have put together a package to buy the rugby griound to build a new one, and as part of the package they have / will be offering land to build a new stadium.

No idea how much of this is true or complete hogwash, but wondered if anyone had heard this rumour?

Interesting if true.

If they want to build a new mosque, you'd have thought it would be more logical to use the land that's currently empty rather than demolish the stadium, build a new one and a new mosque, but how often is logic involved in these decisions? :lol:

Surely if any bit of this is true then they're talking about the Taylor Street pitch which is right next to the Methodist Church that is now a Mosque?

Tha would make a bit more sense then knoking down the Mount wouldn't it?

Well you wouldnt listen hahahaha

i dont work in the planning applications office for nowt ;)

Wer gonna build the new ground at shawcross in the hope that a few more dewsbury fans might be arsed to drag ther backsides along to the away fixture

How many mosques do they need in Batley ?. At this rate they will have one each. Why not get help to develope the stadium further make it a centre for sporting excellance encourage fitness Get behind the British way of life Sport is important .Not all the town is obsessed with prayer. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Will the mosque keep the slope?

LOL!!!

How many mosques do they need in Batley ?. At this rate they will have one each. Why not get help to develope the stadium further make it a centre for sporting excellance encourage fitness Get behind the British way of life Sport is important .Not all the town is obsessed with prayer. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Well said.Pubs gone WMCs gone.Why cant they walk to the Mosque they only live around the bleeding place.

There will have to be a coin toss as most will want to pray downhill.

They have to face Mecca which is up the slope

It's a rumour! If it happened, it would probably be the most expensive car park ever!

Can you honestly see KN being fooled into selling the Mount for a car park for a bit of scrubby wasteland somewhere.

Can't see KN giving it the time of day to be honest.Can't think of anywhere to put a new ground anyway.

Dont forget guys theres a legal binding covenant on the ground which stipulates it can only be used for sporting purposes

Dont forget guys theres a legal binding covenant on the ground which stipulates it can only be used for sporting purposes

That too. Was that part of the aborted and controversial negotiations with that property developer some years back?

I'm not sure what the position would be. As far as I know the club do not own the ground, only the fixtures and fittings as it were. There is a legal covenant on the Auty Estate, which also banned alcohol from the Ground. KN found a way around that. I assume that the Trustees will have been involved in the decision that allowed booze to be sold on site. I guess that the key question is "who are the trustees?" If it is Kirklees council then they may welcome the opportunity to raise some money. So just who are the trusteees, and how legally binding is the original covenant? Perhaps someone in the know would be kind enough to post on the thread.

They have to face Mecca which is up the slope

mecca is down the slope....unless you mean the Mecca in Dewsbury which is South....

a covenant....like on the Indiana Jones movies... ?

I was aware a few years ago that the Club possess a 99 year lease on the stadium and surrounding land and site from Kirklees Council, which gives the Club effective control of and any potential financial gain from any building development etc, within normal planning permission regulations.

Considering the ethnic make up of Kirklees Planning Committee, anything is possible with 'trade offs' of land parcels, especially in the prime location for the ethnic community of Love RL.com Stadium. I am sure that Kirklees and the local ethnic community would have some incentives on offer for the Club, but whether that is in the interests of all parties, including supporters, is a different matter.

At the moment all this is just rumour and speculation, but maybe the Club have exhausted all their possibilities of ground improvement/development, and need another source of finance/potential new home to maintain the growth and development of the Club both on and off the field.

I think GC is correct though the covenant limits it to sport and recreational activities only, although a decent solicitor could probably get around it. Note I didn't mention Kevin I said a decent solicitor ;)

I was aware a few years ago that the Club possess a 99 year lease on the stadium and surrounding land and site from Kirklees Council, which gives the Club effective control of and any potential financial gain from any building development etc, within normal planning permission regulations.

Considering the ethnic make up of Kirklees Planning Committee, anything is possible with 'trade offs' of land parcels, especially in the prime location for the ethnic community of Love RL.com Stadium. I am sure that Kirklees and the local ethnic community would have some incentives on offer for the Club, but whether that is in the interests of all parties, including supporters, is a different matter.

At the moment all this is just rumour and speculation, but maybe the Club have exhausted all their possibilities of ground improvement/development, and need another source of finance/potential new home to maintain the growth and development of the Club both on and off the field.

Interesting! And to continue with the conspiracy theory, who is the mysterious Short Stander, and where is he getting his information from? Is this preparing us for something impending?

Not at all DD. no conspiracy theories abound unfortunately! Just logic and looking at the options the Club potentiallly have based on facts. The Dogs would not be the first club to go down this route, and looking at the support catchment area around the Mount, some would say it could be a prudent move.

I have nothing whatsoever to do with the running of the Club, just a long term supporter DD