Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buford t justice

New Stadium Rumour

58 posts in this topic

Not at all DD. no conspiracy theories abound unfortunately! Just logic and looking at the options the Club potentiallly have based on facts. The Dogs would not be the first club to go down this route, and looking at the support catchment area around the Mount, some would say it could be a prudent move.

I have nothing whatsoever to do with the running of the Club, just a long term supporter DD

I believe you, but I like a good conspiracy theory.

Sorry to disappoint DD! Would be useful for the Club to either stamp on this rumour, or put out a statement giving some details to supporters. This thread has been going for a few days now, and I would have anticipated some official reaction

Be fair Short Stander why would the club comment on a rumour started on a message board by a person who goes under a false name which he heard from a woman at work who doesn't follow rugby?

The covenant on the Mount is held in perpetuity for the people of Batley by the Batley Corporation (now Kirklees Council). Hope this helps.

Cheers DFG. I am aware though that the Club have total control over the whole Mount Pleasant site with the long term lease with Kirklees, which does empower them financially. A long term lease can commercially have the same benefits as freehold ownership. Covenants seem to fall away at times when convenient to both parties, and our ethnic neighbours certainly now qualify as 'people of Batley'!

Be fair Short Stander why would the club comment on a rumour started on a message board by a person who goes under a false name which he heard from a woman at work who doesn't follow rugby?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Far far too sensible a post for this forum.

How many mosques do they need in Batley ?. At this rate they will have one each. Why not get help to develope the stadium further make it a centre for sporting excellance encourage fitness Get behind the British way of life Sport is important .Not all the town is obsessed with prayer. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Theres 40 in Dewsbury and Batley.

Very sad times

And why is that? If people wish to practice a faith they believe in then what's the problem? There are also plenty of Anglican, Methodist and Catholic churches in Batley and Dewsbury. Does that also make for 'very sad times'?

And why is that? If people wish to practice a faith they believe in then what's the problem? There are also plenty of Anglican, Methodist and Catholic churches in Batley and Dewsbury. Does that also make for 'very sad times'?

My sentiments exactly ptw

Very sad times

Couldn't agree more.

Simply putting it religion to muslims goes way beyond faith it is a way of life where the ranters ridicule our way of life and preach the need for change. In Dewsbury Sharia law is already in practice and they even have their own court deciding on matters of law. Also where the mosques are situated muslims dont give a thaught to the law in regard to parking. I could go on the British way of life is slowly being eroded and people who constantly give in to thier demands will realise what a mistake it was to allow whole areas of England to become muslim ghetoes. when your wives or daughters are being told to cover heads and faces. You may laugh but in south London this is already happening. All i say is we must protect the British way of life what our grandfathers and those before them faught and died for. Dont you think 40 mosques is enough in a area the size of Batley and Dewsbury. :angry:

Sharia courts rule on religious matters and not on British law. And it's not only Muslims ignore parking laws. Try finding a disabled parking bay in that well known place of sunday worship junction 27.

we live in a christian country, which is being eroded away.

we live in a christian country, which is being eroded away.

Poo how many on here go to church or send their kids to sunday school? And isn't sunday a day of rest? We dont seem to mind our team earning a few quid on sunday! We live in a free society you ban muslims and next they will be banning scrums on homophobic grounds.

Poo how many on here go to church or send their kids to sunday school? And isn't sunday a day of rest? We dont seem to mind our team earning a few quid on sunday! We live in a free society you ban muslims and next they will be banning scrums on homophobic grounds.

:D :D

Well put PM. It is staggering to see that an initial post based upon something someone had heard from someone who had no real idea what they were talking about is turning into a vitriolic.

Get a grip on yourselves people. This is a RL forum remember, not a place for cant, prejudice or bigotry. B)

Well put PM. It is staggering to see that an initial post based upon something someone had heard from someone who had no real idea what they were talking about is turning into a vitriolic.

Get a grip on yourselves people. This is a RL forum remember, not a place for cant, prejudice or bigotry. B)

Unless its aimed at the Rams of course :)

Dont worry lads/lasses always come and play at our ground.Me thinks though its April come early.

Making a statement on facts is not vitriol but stating the truth, however painful that may be to some people

Theres 40 in Dewsbury and Batley.

And this is a fact Frank? And it makes for sad times? I have lived and worked in batley and dewsbury for 48 years and never had any issues. Next folk will be complaining about parking....... oh hang on!

I guess that it is reasonable to discuss how changes in ethnicity in the Mount Pleasant/Batley area effects the Rugby League club, provided that it doesn't become a platform for bigotry. A more useful topic might be 'how do we attract young Asian spectators'. Making them feel welcome would be a start.

its not a a case of bigotry its honesty ignore the islamification of our country if you will. Its happening even if you appeasists ignore the facts so be it. As for muslims coming to watch Batley forget it . It wil not happen. Our ground is surrounded by thousands of muslim houses how many come ?. They will not pay i have been a supporter for 50 years Batley has always had a large muslim population unfortunately very very rarely visiting the mount. As for you BSJ its not vitreol its fact. The trouble with even discussing muslims in this country is unless you are saying nice things you are branded a racist. I still ask the question isnt 40 mosques enough ?.

My point, Greavesy and others, is that you are allowing a transparent rumour to ignite your, albeit deeply held, prejudices. It doesn't take much to set you off does it?

How would you react if someone was really trying to buy Mount Pleasant?

Now do you have anything to say about RL?

Rams above Bulldogs in the league - discuss!

its not a a case of bigotry its honesty ignore the islamification of our country if you will. Its happening even if you appeasists ignore the facts so be it. As for muslims coming to watch Batley forget it . It wil not happen. Our ground is surrounded by thousands of muslim houses how many come ?. They will not pay i have been a supporter for 50 years Batley has always had a large muslim population unfortunately very very rarely visiting the mount. As for you BSJ its not vitreol its fact. The trouble with even discussing muslims in this country is unless you are saying nice things you are branded a racist. I still ask the question isnt 40 mosques enough ?.

Whether or not members of our Muslim population wish to visit the Mount is absolutely, utterly irrelevant to the original post and our situation as a whole. There are thousands of people in Batley who have never, ever chosen to support our club - the majority non-Muslim. 99.9% of the people on my street don't/have never supported Batley RLFC. What's the difference?

No-one minds anyone discussing Muslims/Islam, but if making the statement of 'sad times' in response to a post mooting the opening of a new Mosque isn't one that reeks of negativity, then I'm not what sure what is?

Demographics change over time. There are many Catholic churches in this area nowadays. 150 years ago - before the arrival of thousands of Irish Catholics, that probably wouldn't have been the case. Is this indicative of of 'sad times', in your opinion? If not, please explain what the difference is?

FYI, you may have noticed that we have a young Muslim fan who travels home and away - and has done for a number of years. If he uses this forum - which is likely, given his age, I wonder how he feels about reading some of the comments posted on this thread?

My point, Greavesy and others, is that you are allowing a transparent rumour to ignite your, albeit deeply held, prejudices. It doesn't take much to set you off does it? - Agreed

How would you react if someone was really trying to buy Mount Pleasant? - With rabid fervour

Now do you have anything to say about RL?

Rams above Bulldogs in the league - discuss! - Early days yet!