Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buford t justice

New Stadium Rumour

58 posts in this topic

Forgive me if im wrong but this topic is driffting from rugby but to religon !!! Also just wondering why would we move when we ave brillant faciltys and we ave wind turbine plud solar pannels surly we are under some contract for thr turbine?

Also just wondering why would we move when we ave brillant faciltys and we ave wind turbine plud solar pannels surly we are under some contract for thr turbine?

A very good offer ?

If a developer came into to buy MP is there any Batley fans that would want to move? Would you be happy moving to a purpose built rugby stadium or is the history of MP too big a draw?

I think the slope always offers a different dimension that makes for better games! I also like how close you get to the action especially with my eyesight. I for one wouldnt want to go elsewhere.

Whether or not members of our Muslim population wish to visit the Mount is absolutely, utterly irrelevant to the original post and our situation as a whole. There are thousands of people in Batley who have never, ever chosen to support our club - the majority non-Muslim. 99.9% of the people on my street don't/have never supported Batley RLFC. What's the difference?

No-one minds anyone discussing Muslims/Islam, but if making the statement of 'sad times' in response to a post mooting the opening of a new Mosque isn't one that reeks of negativity, then I'm not what sure what is?

Demographics change over time. There are many Catholic churches in this area nowadays. 150 years ago - before the arrival of thousands of Irish Catholics, that probably wouldn't have been the case. Is this indicative of of 'sad times', in your opinion? If not, please explain what the difference is?

FYI, you may have noticed that we have a young Muslim fan who travels home and away - and has done for a number of years. If he uses this forum - which is likely, given his age, I wonder how he feels about reading some of the comments posted on this thread?

In reply to you and other posters Philius.If the inhabitants of the Mount felt like you, then I am sure more would be attending games at the Mount.Unforunately they are not and to sell them the Mount would only entrench that position.

It's easy to be negative about the lack of interest shown by the local Asian community in coming to watch the Bulldogs but we need to be realistic. Batley is now a town where half the population are probably of Asian descent. We need to be proactive/positive rather than negative and consider the following:

.When Bradford City went to Wembley ten days ago, if you were to believe Sky Sports News then a large proportion of their fans were Asian. Nearly all the interviews Sky did were with Asians - and they were all fired up and as keen on the game as any 'traditional' fan

. Bradford Bulls are now owned by an Asian businessman. Not sure how many Asians go to Odsal regularly but I'm sure that the new owner will be targeting a big increase in Asian support for the Bulls

. Batley Cricket Club is now 100% Asian and playing in the top division of the CYL.

All this suggests that the Asians ARE interested in sport and can be convinced to attend sporting events if approached properly. Mention was made of the Asian lad who supports Batley. May I suggest he is probably the most important supporter that we have. Perhaps Paul Harrison should be seeking him out, sitting down with him, finding out why he likes the sport, inviting his family and friends to the next match.Invite Ikram Butt along for a discussion on how to connect with the local community. It can't do any harm and could easily be the way of opening the door to more local Asian support. The alternative is to allow our current support levels to gradually erode away until we cannot support a Championship level budget and consequences that hardly bear considering. The Asians are not going to go away- we need to be realistic and try to engage with them rather than seeing them as a group who will never be interested in our sport.

It's easy to be negative about the lack of interest shown by the local Asian community in coming to watch the Bulldogs but we need to be realistic. Batley is now a town where half the population are probably of Asian descent. We need to be proactive/positive rather than negative and consider the following:

.When Bradford City went to Wembley ten days ago, if you were to believe Sky Sports News then a large proportion of their fans were Asian. Nearly all the interviews Sky did were with Asians - and they were all fired up and as keen on the game as any 'traditional' fan

. Bradford Bulls are now owned by an Asian businessman. Not sure how many Asians go to Odsal regularly but I'm sure that the new owner will be targeting a big increase in Asian support for the Bulls

. Batley Cricket Club is now 100% Asian and playing in the top division of the CYL.

All this suggests that the Asians ARE interested in sport and can be convinced to attend sporting events if approached properly. Mention was made of the Asian lad who supports Batley. May I suggest he is probably the most important supporter that we have. Perhaps Paul Harrison should be seeking him out, sitting down with him, finding out why he likes the sport, inviting his family and friends to the next match.Invite Ikram Butt along for a discussion on how to connect with the local community. It can't do any harm and could easily be the way of opening the door to more local Asian support. The alternative is to allow our current support levels to gradually erode away until we cannot support a Championship level budget and consequences that hardly bear considering. The Asians are not going to go away- we need to be realistic and try to engage with them rather than seeing them as a group who will never be interested in our sport.

Good post.

We all need more supporters. I have read elsewhere that the Championship is now referred to in some quarters as "the old man's league" and when i look in the mirror and at my fellow supporters I can understand where that comes from. It was also shocking to see that of all of this weekend's non-SL games only one attracted a gate of more than 1000. Difficult times!

Poo how many on here go to church or send their kids to sunday school? And isn't sunday a day of rest? We dont seem to mind our team earning a few quid on sunday! We live in a free society you ban muslims and next they will be banning scrums on homophobic grounds.

But where free to go to church if we want.In the eyes of Islam if you dont follow it your an Infidel and whats more Homophobic than the religion of Islam.Their still stoning people to death in parts of the Muslim world.Darkages comes to mind.