Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flying 5

The Amber Ribbon

197 posts in this topic

GFDU and Wakefield Ram can't make Thursday, and I think Coolie would prefer not to be Thursday.

Ok, lets pick a day when we can all go. So far there's me, Coolie, GFDU, Wakefield Ram, YoungUn, and ricochet. I'm open to suggestions, but let's not take too long. Let's get this going. Coolie suggested the Hammer and Stithy, the landlord is a Rams fan and would make us welcome. How about Monday?

Busy this Monday

girlfriends birthday.....

weds good for me

thursday non starter

friday non starter

Im out of it all weekdays but youve got my total support lads /lasses and anyone thaty cant make it can add ideas on here.

im good for weds for an hour

OK for me, as long as it takes. I don't think you can put a time line on an inaugural meeting. Lets see what happens? Just to confirm, is this 7.00pm at the Hammer & Stithy?

I can make it next Wednesday but not until about 7.30. Wife won't be home from work until 7.

Brilliant. Lets all agree then Wednesday 6th 7.30 Hammer & Stithy. Does anyone know Daz well enough to let him know we're coming?

Ok, lets do it. You all on for Wednesday? I have, Cooloie, GFDU, Young un, Wakefield Ram, Ricochet, John N as coming, if I've missed you out, sorry, come anyway.. Anyone reading this is also invited, just come along to the Hammer and Stithy on Wednesday, I'll be there at 7pm, so as soon after that as you can. I've done a bit of work on an ethos and even a mini agenda. We'll have a chat about it on Wednesday. If there are some of you who can't make it, don't worry, we'll have more meetings and opportunities for you to join us.

I may have to miss tonight due to work commitments that have I have just been informed of. If things change I will let you know. It may be I arrive a litte late. If I don't make it, please accept my apologies and good luck for tonight. I am still very eager to be involved.

Is the pub open before 7, think my bus gets me there about half sixish

Bus! Yeah right John. It's not so you can get to the bar first eh?

See you there mate.

:)

Sorry, just leaving work and work to do tonight so will have to miss meeting. Still happy to help, suggest next thing to do is meet BISSA and pick an event that is easy to organise and make a decent return. Start simple.

Start simple.

Coolie yer wanted

As the rams forums no 1 contributor I expect you will be there PM?

If your standing the first round john count me in owt for a good cause

The meeting went ahead. Very positive. The Amber Ribbon was born.

We just set out general ideas and aims and hope this is the beginning of something we can all enjoy and benefit DRLFC at the same time.

Watch out for news of future events, please come and support us, we can only make this work if everyone with the Rams at heart joins in.

The meeting went ahead. Very positive. The Amber Ribbon was born.

We just set out general ideas and aims and hope this is the beginning of something we can all enjoy and benefit DRLFC at the same time.

Watch out for news of future events, please come and support us, we can only make this work if everyone with the Rams at heart joins in.

Glad the meeting went well,i will be supporting The Amber Ribbon when ever possible.I would had put my name down,but working shifts makes it hard to get to meetings,but will help out when possible.Ones a ram,always a ram.

You now need the backing of the club and to be allowed to have an open meeting to "officially" launch the new venture at the club, you really need to hit the local papers hard for a couple of weeks beforehand.

After a very constructive meeting on Wednesday night, the newly formed “Amber Ribbon” is looking to meet and greet like-minded individuals who would be keen to help support the aims of the group. Namely to generate much needed funds to help support the Dewsbury Rams.

The group is not affiliated with the club however its aims are to assist the club financially in any way it can.

If you would like to know a little more about the groups aims/ethos we will be meeting informally at Hanging Heaton Club on Wednesday 13th March from 7.30pm to answer any questions you might have, and to take names of anyone who would like to get involved in the fund raising effort.

We will definitely be looking for people to form a committee, but anyone with an interest in the Rams is welcome to come along and share there thoughts/ideas with us.

If on the night you decide you would like to become a member of the group we are asking for a one-off joining fee of £3, to generate some working capital for our fledgling projects.

We hope to arrange an official Launch Party in the near future once we have a more formal structure/constitution in place.

Happy to take PM's (private messages, not Piggys Mate :D ) from anyone wanting further info.