Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flying 5

The Amber Ribbon

197 posts in this topic

You could start at the very least by getting a facebook group going, getting a sticky in this thread and getting the club on board.

It would add at least a face and direction to 'Amber ribbon'

Re the part on affiliation has the club made you write that?

Also, you need a paypal account or something, set one up and I'll flick you £3, would rather my money was there than in a glass at a bar.

Read on the main forum how much lissa have just given Leigh 15k and the target for the season is 40k. Thats a chunk of money, im not sure what the shortfall from Eric france is but getting anywhere near that would be fantastic.

Well its time to get behind this project

A body totally away from the club

run by the fans for the fans to help take the

club forward..bissa at batley has done wonders

and im sure if the fans get behind this we together can make it work.

Well its time to get behind this project

A body totally away from the club

run by the fans for the fans to help take the

club forward..bissa at batley has done wonders

and im sure if the fans get behind this we together can make it work.

Agreed. Get the formalities sorted out and you will have my support.

;)

We should hopefully have a membership roster and bank account set up in the next few weeks.

As for a web presence, We would certainly like to have our own web-site with a members area.

and the associated facebook/twitter links.

Any offers of help on this front are always appreciated.

Lol tom you was supposed to contact me lol

regarding the facebook site lol

think ya old man forgot in all his excitement lol

I've been talking through a nuimber of fund raising ideas that we can discuss at this Wednesdays meeting (7.30Pm at HHWMC) for anybody that wants to come along and see what The Amber Ribbon hopes to achieve. The challenge is for all true Rams fans to get behind this venture even if that means you can only commit to becoming a member and parting with £3 to help build an initial fund.

Anyone out there with good ideas or a fund raising background would be most welcome. Thanks also to the guys from BISSA who attended our inaugural meeting and offered their support and will continue to help us get this thing off the ground. They have ten years experience behind them so can help us avoid any potential pitfalls.

If anyone passes the hammer & stithy on the way to HH I'd appreciate a lift !

John what time does ya bus get you to the stithy ?

That could be a squeeze on coolie's raliegh chopper

Heard you'd been riding andy raleigh chopper ;)

hence........

the mature cheese ;)

now piggy i love a bit of banter with you

but lets keep it off the amber ribbon thread ok

anywhere but here mate ok :)

Heard you'd been riding andy raleigh chopper ;)

hence........

the mature cheese ;)

now piggy i love a bit of banter with you

but lets keep it off the amber ribbon thread ok

anywhere but here mate ok :)

Fine - take the banter to another thread, but keep it going lads - it's entertaining :lol:

No Coolie's right on this one. As an active member of BISSA I wish you well

Thanks piggy

we had some great input from your lads at our

meeting.

fingers crossed some joint ventures in the future

Thanks to everyone who has sent PM's about joining The Amber Ribbon.

There will be several shifty looking gentlemen wandering around the South Stand on Sunday with Flyer's in their pockets for

anyone looking to join the group this weekend.

Also Liz and Charlie Coates will be in the Royal Suite after the game for the posh supporters who recline in the North Stand on matchdays. B)

Just wanted to say thanks to all those who signed up for the Amber Ribbon at the weekend.

Spread the word, and watch out for updates on here and in the press.

(Website is also currently under construction)

Anyway, now the Amber Ribbon is up and running im sure well see him fleshing out his ideas into something a little more concrete and viable, which can only be a good thing.

How about keeping things simple until you build up a fund, a presence and a direction.

Start with a walk (or cycle) to the away game at York, it'll take around 10hrs to walk and about 4 to cycle. I am sure someone at the club could help publicise and probably York would give the walkers a free ticket to the game and perhaps a walk around with a bucket at half time?

That gives you 3 weeks to hammer home the sponsorship.

Put me down for £20, and a lift home from York for 3 walkers.

I knew FF would rise to the occasion ;)

I was just hoping he would be the one volunteering to walk 39.4m to York.

(I can walk to my local 39.4 times a day)

The next Amber Ribbon meeting is at the Hammer and Stithy on Wed 27th at 7.30pm.

FF's suggestion and others will be discussed then, feel free to submit any fundraising suggestions.

P.S.

Im not a fan of bucket collections as i dont see why opposition fans would feel the need to contribute

(apologies to all those halifax fans out there)

I knew FF would rise to the occasion ;)

I was just hoping he would be the one volunteering to walk 39.4m to York.

(I can walk to my local 39.4 times a day)

The next Amber Ribbon meeting is at the Hammer and Stithy on Wed 27th at 7.30pm.

FF's suggestion and others will be discussed then, feel free to submit any fundraising suggestions.

P.S.

Im not a fan of bucket collections as i dont see why opposition fans would feel the need to contribute

(apologies to all those halifax fans out there)

Exactly - Because you don't have a purpose. This is my point. If you had a direction, the opposition and home fans would willingly throw some loose change into a bucket. As it stands you have none.

Say for example you decided you wanted to contribute to the building of a new stand. You would base your sponsorship on that, you would have a purpose for a bucket collection and though not everyone would put into it, something would be better than the nothing you currently have.

A sponsored walk costs you nothing, raises your profile, puts money into your fund and gives you good exposure amongst every Dewsbury fan present if you get a walk around at half time. Do you think they all read this board? You've got to start at the bottom and mature, just like some of our elderly members on this forum. The problem is that you have to do it without becoming insular (something Dewsbury folk are notorious for) and it has to have drive and enthusiasm at its core.

But lets be honest John, this Amber Ribbon with you at the helm is going to be little more than a social club of a few old faithful getting together, shooting the sh*t and reminiscing on the good old days and talking about what you'd like to happen, without it actually ever happening.

If York is too far you could always start with Batley ;)