Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flying 5

The Amber Ribbon

197 posts in this topic

Nick,

It was not and is not ever our intention to offend. The piece was meant as a bit of banter, no foul language was used, nothing other than a bit of mickey taking. I have heard much, much worse on the terraces. Here it is called banter and we often boast of it's humour to other sports. 

One of the aim's of the site was/is to be proactive with members, indeed to invite them to be contributors. The comments on the Batley's away ground was merely to show that you don't need to be a Guardian journalist to take part. Within the boundaries of decency,without being personally insulting it can be fun.

If the site has offended you I am sorry it was only meant as a bit of fun.

I think you are missing the point. I don't think it is offensive, and as I stated, comes across as slightly affectionate with the odd little mickey take. However, I am not sure that that is the image that the AR is trying to project. Unfortunately it is by association, reflecting the views of the AR.

I think you are missing the point. I don't think it is offensive, and as I stated, comes across as slightly affectionate with the odd little mickey take. However, I am not sure that that is the image that the AR is trying to project. Unfortunately it is by association, reflecting the views of the AR.

From what I gather the AR is attempting to represent the fans, their humility and their humour whilst encompassing everything we believe in and everything that comes with our sport.

I believe fans want something fresh and original, not some generic mishmash fresh out of Compton.

Following on from earlier comments I have messed about with the CSS and the website should now fit on even the cheapest of monitors ;)

I think it's quite amusing in terms of the content but just not sure the AR website is an appropriate place for that type of thing if they are looking for serious credibility. Just my opinion though and the last ill say on the matter.

I think you're right Nick. It demeans the cause in my view.

I think you're right Nick. It demeans the cause in my view.

Edited

To be fair BSJ ever since the invent of the AR you've just criticised it at every stage.

If it demeans your view then how about you take up one of the numerous calls of offering to help?

I'm also a subscriber FF, if that makes it any better.

:onthequiet:

I'm also a subscriber FF, if that makes it any better.

:onthequiet:

Then I apologise ;)

Seriously though BSJ , I am handing the website over this week. It really does need people to help out if you can find the time, no matter how little.

I might let you off then ;)

Seriously though BSJ , I am handing the website over this week. It really does need people to help out if you can find the time, no matter how little.

I know FF, but I actually "run" another smaller web site and find that a struggle so couldn't do this one the justice it deserves.

I don't criticise BTW, just constructively comment, as I have to tell my wife all of the time.

:hunter:

I know FF, but I actually "run" another smaller web site and find that a struggle so couldn't do this one the justice it deserves.

I don't criticise BTW, just constructively comment, as I have to tell my wife all of the time.

:hunter:

I appreciate that mate, I guess the words 'knee' and 'Jerk' apply to my comment ;)

Thanks for your support.

It's something that is sung in the south stand on game day, "she wore an amber ribbon, she wore it for her lover and he played for Dewsbury...... before signing for Fev :lol: "

Hmmm to think I stayed off this topic out of respect for what the rams were trying to achieve (with open support of BISSA)

Might have to rethink this position

It's something that is sung in the south stand on game day, "she wore an amber ribbon, she wore it for her lover and he played for Dewsbury...... before signing for Fev :lol:

"

:dance:  :laugh:

The current AR constitution clearly makes reference to the organisation reflecting the wishes of the membership. If you are a member you don't need to try work out the image, ethos, what is, or is not appropriate. The AR belongs to you, tell us what you think, I promise, we will listen.

When the AR was formed, the constitution was deliberately basic, we want the AR to grow and develop in line with what the members want.

As I said earlier, it was never our intention to offend anyone,  if we have, I apologise. It was intended as a tongue in cheek giggle, if it appears to some of you to be in bad taste, we will amend it.

We will soon be asking for contributions from the members to be posted on the site.

BTW Piggy's mate, the AR is totally independent of the Rams.

I have openly, and personally, thanked BISSA for their help on this project, we want to be rivals on the field and friends off it.

Please, don't let this misunderstanding spoil anything. We have worked hard to get to where we are, thanks to those who have helped.

Charlie. 

The Amber Ribbon produces a newsletter keeping those interested informed of our activities and projects. If you'd like to receive the newsletter, email amberribbon@hotmail.co.uk.

It's something that is sung in the south stand on game day, "she wore an amber ribbon, she wore it for her lover and he played for Dewsbury...... before signing for Fev :lol: "

Thats a better PM,  deffo a Piggy's Mate classic

Featherstone Away is updated.

Slowly, but surely we are getting there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Unfortunately true :lol:

The current AR constitution clearly makes reference to the organisation reflecting the wishes of the membership. If you are a member you don't need to try work out the image, ethos, what is, or is not appropriate. The AR belongs to you, tell us what you think, I promise, we will listen.

When the AR was formed, the constitution was deliberately basic, we want the AR to grow and develop in line with what the members want.

As I said earlier, it was never our intention to offend anyone,  if we have, I apologise. It was intended as a tongue in cheek giggle, if it appears to some of you to be in bad taste, we will amend it.

We will soon be asking for contributions from the members to be posted on the site.

BTW Piggy's mate, the AR is totally independent of the Rams.

I have openly, and personally, thanked BISSA for their help on this project, we want to be rivals on the field and friends off it.

Please, don't let this misunderstanding spoil anything. We have worked hard to get to where we are, thanks to those who have helped.

Charlie. 

Given BISSA's generous help in getting the website off the ground and the positive comments from some Batley supporters, I can understand why feathers might have been ruffled by that article - amusing as it was. Maybe the balance could be redressed by allowing the dogs the right of reply  - I'm sure the totally impartial piggy would be only too pleased to give his take on the rams stadium. ;)  

Unlike BSJ I haven't contributed yet (end of the financial month complications), but I intend doing so in the next few days.

Just been on the website and and paid my money to become a member,finally got round to doing it ! Lets get as many members as we can.

Sunday was a huge success and we now have 57 members. If you'd like to join us, visit our website at www.amberribbon.org.uk, come and see us behind the South Stand before matches or in the Royal Suite afterwards.

There's a meeting of the committee tomorrow (7.30). Come along and learn about what we're up to. It's at the Hammer & Stithy pub in Ossett.

Given BISSA's generous help in getting the website off the ground and the positive comments from some Batley supporters, I can understand why feathers might have been ruffled by that article - amusing as it was. Maybe the balance could be redressed by allowing the dogs the right of reply  - I'm sure the totally impartial piggy would be only too pleased to give his take on the rams stadium. ;)  

Unlike BSJ I haven't contributed yet (end of the financial month complications), but I intend doing so in the next few days.

For the record BISSA have NOT helped get the website off the ground. BISSA have had no involvement in the website at all.

Colin Bottomley BISSA Chairman.

I think FF has to be congratulated for his involvement I think :wizard:

I think FF has to be congratulated for his involvement I think :wizard:

The Amber Ribbon started out as an idea amongst a few committed Dewsbury Fans, within just ten weeks they have formed a committee, constitution, created a membership program, grown to 60 members, have accrued donations of over £1000 and have an online presence through Facebook, twitter and their own website (which has already gained substantial donations/memberships) Reviews to myself have been almost completely positive regarding the website, with just a handful of Batley fans finding fault (which is expected given our rivalry (despite it being obvious banter))

What the AR has achieved so far is nothing short of fantastic, and every member of the Amber Ribbon, from those that donated a jar of coppers, to those who subscribe, to those who throw twenty pence in a bucket on match day, right up to the committee that are pushing it forward should all be commended for their efforts, time and belief.

The reality is you didn't like an article written in the form of an opinion on the website - Get over it. Or perhaps you'd like to join the Amber Ribbon here (just £3 per year)

Though I have now handed over control of the website to the Amber Ribbon committee I do still have an ability (and permission) to update various parts of the website and so I invite you to write a fans perspective of an away day at Dewsbury, something which (subject to content) I am happy to submit to the committee for publication on their website.

FF

I had an issue with a particular member of security staff, but can confirm that member off staff no longer works at Dewsbury and any issues I had are now long resolved :)