Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShotgunGold

BBC article - Utter utter RUBBISH

274 posts in this topic

I'm circumcised and don't really consider myself mutilated. I prefer to be circumcised than not and so does my fiancée. Of course I'm assuming the procedure was carried out in a hospital using sterile instruments.

Nah. It's the Gloucester variation on earmarking a sheep.

;):)

I agree that this should be criminalised, if they must circumcise then they should do it properly.

it is impossible to do this 'properly' since rabbis aren't clinically trained, qualified or equipped, and the procedure isn't carried out for the health benefit of the child: there have been major health issues relating to this.

I'm circumcised and don't really consider myself mutilated. I prefer to be circumcised than not and so does my fiancée. Of course I'm assuming the procedure was carried out in a hospital using sterile instruments.

Female genital mutilation is a whole different ball game.

nobody is saying it is the 'same ball game' see previous posts.

The circumcision you will have undergone, bears little resemblance to ritual circumcision

You will have been circumcised for reasons relating to your ehalth and well being, not part of a religious ritual.

It will have been carrid out by trained qualified health care professionals, under proper clinical conditions, with anaesthesia and pain relief and coprrect after care.

I am too and for some strange reason strongly wish it had not been done. Maybe its the loss of all those pleasure nerve endings that i mourn!

Female genital mutilation is a whole different ball game.

I am too and for some strange reason strongly wish it had not been done. Maybe its the loss of all those pleasure nerve endings that i mourn!

Can I just say this thread is rapidly heading down the road marked "WAY too much information"

Can I just say this thread is rapidly heading down the road marked "WAY too much information"

As long as we don't get photos I'm just about fine.

Well chaps, there is a lot of evidence the male circumcision is good for women, so the cruellest cut may have to become more widespread.

On a lighter note:-

rde5399l.jpg

Well chaps, there is a lot of evidence the male circumcision is good for women, so the cruellest cut may have to become more widespread.

On a lighter note:-

rde5399l.jpg

well that news arrives a bit late for me

At the risk of providing "too much information" and to spare Shadow's blushes, I will try to word this carefully. It is one of those issues that can be embarrassing, but really should be discussed more openly. I say this because a significant number of adult men are circumcised every year for health reasons and the operation is not reversible. Once done, you cannot undo it. My GP had warned me that I needed the operation and that some men are happy with the result but many are not. If you have it done as an infant, you will never know any different and the result will simply be your 'norm', so you will be happy with it. I had the op done six years ago and suffice to say that I'm not happy with the aftermath. I definitely would advise against having it done as an adult unless you really do need it.

The reason I needed the op was not for anything sordid, but I don't think I should give the details on a message board. If you are facing the op yourself and want some advice, PM me.

Lets hope nobody on here has trouble with piles....

Funny you should mention that ...

As I aluded to earlier in this thread, I am surprised more men aren't circumcised. Not for a particular reason just that I thought it was more common than it is. It makes it easier to keep things clean and, as I have been told, is a bit more attractive for your partner.

As I aluded to earlier in this thread, I am surprised more men aren't circumcised. Not for a particular reason just that I thought it was more common than it is. It makes it easier to keep things clean and, as I have been told, is a bit more attractive for your partner.

I'm not sure why it would be more attractive - I'm quite fond of mine, whether hooded or not, but they're not the bonniest things in creation.

But isn't the ability to decide whether to have the trim or not an argument against mono-culturalism? Rather than slicing off the bits of infants to satisfy some communal tradition, give people the choice when they become adult.

I'm not sure why it would be more attractive - I'm quite fond of mine, whether hooded or not, but they're not the bonniest things in creation.

But isn't the ability to decide whether to have the trim or not an argument against mono-culturalism? Rather than slicing off the bits of infants to satisfy some communal tradition, give people the choice when they become adult.

I doubt I would chose to have the procedure as an adult. In my case both of my parents were atheists so there was no religious and I don't think cultural reasons for choosing the procedure.

Could someone remind me what having a bit of your knob lobbed off has to do with people speaking English anyway? :unsure:

Could someone remind me what having a bit of your knob lobbed off has to do with people speaking English anyway? :unsure:

Yes.

'ohmygod thateffiin hurts like crazy ow...ow...ow...sniffle ...whimper, whimper' sounds more or less the same in any language.

:)

It's a cultural tradition we're prepared to excuse because, firstly, there are other cultural traditions that are more abhorrent, secondly, willies are funny, and thirdly nobody ######s with the Jews(*).

The last bit is the reason why the EDL go on protests against halal but not not kosher.

(* Or the US who seem to snip away as shooting it would be inaccurate)

thirdly nobody ######s with the Jews(*).

Really?

I suppose Jewish cemeteries never get vandalised then?

Really?

I suppose Jewish cemeteries never get vandalised then?

No, that's a fair point. When I was growing up Jewish gravestones were the target for a lot of neo Nazi trashing and now they obviously have that, as well as Islamist thugs too.

No, that's a fair point. When I was growing up Jewish gravestones were the target for a lot of neo Nazi trashing and now they obviously have that, as well as Islamist thugs too.

Although I seem to recall Muslim graves being desecrated on occasion.

Although I seem to recall Muslim graves being desecrated on occasion.

Indeed but nobody said that "nobody *****s with Muslims". Many people do.

As long as we don't get photos I'm just about fine.

So let's just hope that 'Severus' isn't an alias of Ashley Cole then...

I think this thread has wandered off topic long enough now.