Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LENIN

fev on sunday. whos going

80 posts in this topic

This gas been discussed plenty of times..... Leeds pay their wages

This gas been discussed plenty of times..... Leeds pay their wages

Yep, their wages. But do they collect any match day payments? And as I said, surely the players stood down are still entitled to their guaranteed money, if indeed they are on any.

This is a horrible situation caused by the RFL, which has left fans constantly bickering and spending more time talking about the DR system than the actual games taking place.

I'm vehemently against DR and would walk away if Batley started fielding 4/5 Giants players every week. Thankfully that doesn't appear as if its likely to happen, however I can't blame teams like Hunslet, who operate on smaller budgets using it to give themselves a better chance of levelling up the playing field and avoiding the division of death.

I suspect the Hunslet fans on here are against it too in principal, but at the same time they also want to see their team compete and not get drubbed every week, something that's only going to result in even more fans losing interest and subsequent future budgets even lower. So if they are offered this option, whether people agree or not you can hardly blame the club for using it to its full potential.

So it's dilemma really for fans. And one they can't be blamed for having differing opinions on.

The blame has to lie solely with the RFL who have facilitated this ridiculous mechanism in the first place..

A discussion before and after every game about its merits on here isn't going to change things though.

This is a horrible situation caused by the RFL, which has left fans constantly bickering and spending more time talking about the DR system than the actual games taking place.

I'm vehemently against DR and would walk away if Batley started fielding 4/5 Giants players every week. Thankfully that doesn't appear as if its likely to happen, however I can't blame teams like Hunslet, who operate on smaller budgets using it to give themselves a better chance of levelling up the playing field and avoiding the division of death.

I suspect the Hunslet fans on here are against it too in principal, but at the same time they also want to see their team compete and not get drubbed every week, something that's only going to result in even more fans losing interest and subsequent future budgets even lower. So if they are offered this option, whether people agree or not you can hardly blame the club for using it to its full potential.

So it's dilemma really for fans. And one they can't be blamed for having differing opinions on.

The blame has to lie solely with the RFL who have facilitated this ridiculous mechanism in the first place..

A discussion before and after every game about its merits on here isn't going to change things though.

Excellent analysis of the situation at Hunslet - and other 'smaller' clubs.

Excellent analysis of the situation at Hunslet - and other 'smaller' clubs.

Indeed it is - but is it really the RFL to blame?

I have seen more than one report that the RFL didn't want the ludicrous situation we've ended up with, but the Super League clubs asked them to "go and think again, and come back when you've got the right answer" - basically to save money on running U18 / 19 /20 s teams. So, tail wagging dog (again) :angry:

There's no doubting the turmoil it's creating at Championship level, and surely it can't exist for long in its current format, but sadly it seems the most likely catalyst for change will be the SL clubs deciding it doesn't work for them, and/or finding the money to re-introduce development teams.