Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LENIN

fev on sunday. whos going

80 posts in this topic

You dont give much away looking at your green brigade so why the sudden interest in the Hawks your not a Anti duel reg millitant by any chance who supports a club who for their own reason dont want to go down that path, unfortunately due to sercumstances Hunslet in order to try and survive have chosen like many other clubs in simular situations to take up this option which is quiet legal and above board.If Hunslet where getting gates of say 2000 and had on board people with wealth then possibly they wouldnt have to BUT they dont the club is run by supporters who dont wish to see their beloved club with the great history it has die without trying to do something about it .

Nar then owd cocker. Hope all os good wi you n yours.

I am a dr militant. Its nowt personal and I wont slag off any fan who supports it.

I just believe the system to be very wrong. Of course my club is doing ok now and I am in danger of appearing smug, patronising or lacking empathy because of it, when nowt is futher from the truth.

If this was 1999 and hunslet had just turned over fev, and dr was being brought in, I would still be very opposed to it.

In 2004/5 we were on our botties with a penny to scratch our @r se with and close to going out of existance. I woild still have been vehemently opposed to dr.

You dont give much away looking at your profile green brigade so why the sudden interest in the Hawks your not a Anti duel reg millitant by any chance who supports a club who for their own reason dont want to go down that path, unfortunately due to sercumstances Hunslet in order to try and survive have chosen like many other clubs in simular situations to take up this option which is quiet legal and above board.If Hunslet where getting gates of say 2000 and had on board people with wealth then possibly they wouldnt have to BUT they dont the club is run by supporters who dont wish to see their beloved club with the great history it has die without trying to do something about it .

He's a Hunslet season ticket holder Col, don't get sucked in to it.

He's a Hunslet season ticket holder Col, don't get sucked in to it.

so support for dr at hunslet is far rrom unanimous??? In your opinion, (genuine question), how much of the hunslet support back dr as a policy rather than how it will benefit hunslet?

so support for dr at hunslet is far rrom unanimous??? In your opinion, (genuine question), how much of the hunslet support back dr as a policy rather than how it will benefit hunslet?

The thing is Robin , blame the RFL for this not the clubs , good and bad points for the D/R , but what next players going to Brussels for loss of wages , its not been thought through........

The thing is Robin , blame the RFL for this not the clubs , good and bad points for the D/R , but what next players going to Brussels for loss of wages , its not been thought through........

oh I agree wholeheartedly. The system is riddled with flaws. I don't blame clubs. They will do whatever they have to. Sl clubs have "bullied" this half @r sed policy thru and the rfl (ralph rimmer the main architecht) has pushed it on. Short sightedness that primarily benefits the sl clubs but devalues the integrity of the championship. This isn't rhetoric, I honestly believe this is another huge step to feedership and sadly another large part of hunslet has died. Sad.

Have you ever heard anyone from Hunslet say they agree with dual reg?, I haven't, all we are doing is utilising an RFL rule for the benefit of our club, like it or not dual reg is here for 2013 and as a club on 400 crowds, supporter owned, no money and with our main rivals for relegation all doing the same thing we would be crazy for us not to utilise it. Again if your against dual reg tell Ralph Rimmer and the RFL, its not our issue, we didn't make the rule up we are just operating within that rule.

Have you ever heard anyone from Hunslet say they agree with dual reg?, I haven't, all we are doing is utilising an RFL rule for the benefit of our club, like it or not dual reg is here for 2013 and as a club on 400 crowds, supporter owned, no money and with our main rivals for relegation all doing the same thing we would be crazy for us not to utilise it. Again if your against dual reg tell Ralph Rimmer and the RFL, its not our issue, we didn't make the rule up we are just operating within that rule.

again, I can't argue with any of that. I just find it extremely frustrating and very sad at the same time

See my previous post

I certainly don't agree with dual reg as a policy

What I do agree with is my club taking any legal advantage it can to try and stay up

I certainly don't agree with dual reg as a policy

What I do agree with is my club taking any legal advantage it can to try and stay up

and there's the rub. Short term gain over the longer wider best interests of the game.

I can see why hunslet are doing it. I just thonk its wrong. If we didnt have it you'd be taking on the bottom with hunslet players not giving leeds fringe players some game time.

I am aware of one hunslet player who's thinking of saying sod it. Ok one casualty is not a indicator that the world is coming to and end. But similar conversations with a lad at donny and an experienced york player suggest that players at those club are considering their future commitment.

The players knew about dual reg before signing for their respected clubs. If they're not happy about it maybe they should have thought before signing

And the players at our club could only realistically leave to join a club at our level (bottom 6 clubs) who are all in dual reg partnerships so they would be in exaclty the same situation

not sure they knew that entire squads could be dual registered?? Maybe you could advise me of the rimmer time line on that one.

BUT, doesn't alter it one bit. I know of one Hunslet player, and I've had conversations with lads from other clubs who suggest that there may be some players saying "sod it".

Yes I know it isn't an exadous..... but saddens me nonetheless that if Kainy et al are fit and available for selection their places are given to SL players cos they have decided they don't want to run teams at necessary ages any longer. Bag o' sheeeite!!

And again Macca, I aren't levellin this at you or your club!!!

And the players at our club could only realistically leave to join a club at our level (bottom 6 clubs) who are all in dual reg partnerships so they would be in exaclty the same situation

The donny lad I hear about is going to amateur!! He won't get paid much less if he's missing out on win bonuses etc! Same with the lad from York.

Don't know where the Hunslet lad is going... I didn't ask.

not sure they knew that entire squads could be dual registered?? Maybe you could advise me of the rimmer time line on that one.

BUT, doesn't alter it one bit. I know of one Hunslet player, and I've had conversations with lads from other clubs who suggest that there may be some players saying "sod it".

Yes I know it isn't an exadous..... but saddens me nonetheless that if Kainy et al are fit and available for selection their places are given to SL players cos they have decided they don't want to run teams at necessary ages any longer. Bag o' sheeeite!!

And again Macca, I aren't levellin this at you or your club!!!

But if these players who are up in arms are not as good as the players coming in on dual reg how can they moan? You play based on how good you are not based on if you have a contract with the club or not

well that's the issue isn't it. They are probably good enough to get in the squad were it not for the DR system and all that entails.

Granted it's not many "that I know of" that are pi zzed off.... for now. And as you say, aren't good enough to match what comes available from the 'parent club'!

So if they leave it won't be a problem?

Right.... stuff to do.... I'll shall be in the lagoon if anyone wants to come for a natter. I can talk more n more tripe than you'll probably be prepared to listen to like!!!!!

To those comin over, see ya this aft.

But if these players who are up in arms are not as good as the players coming in on dual reg how can they moan? You play based on how good you are not based on if you have a contract with the club or not

Because the players coming in haven't got a contract with your club that's why they will moan.

Right.... stuff to do.... I'll shall be in the lagoon if anyone wants to come for a natter. I can talk more n more tripe than you'll probably be prepared to listen to like!!!!!

To those comin over, see ya this aft.

Your right there Robin. :lol:B):rolleyes:

Interesting to see the comments and views on the present DR system which, I can see being in place for some time. It appears from the comments that it is achieving one of its goals of improving the class of payers in rugby league. I assume that the 'fringe' super league players are getting picked because they are better than certain existing championship players. They in turn are saying 'sod it' and joining amateur teams (I assume they are better than they already have). Therefore all levels of the rugby league, except super league, have better players .......

With the exception of Fev, Fax, Sheffield and Leigh that is who improve their teams by picking up everyone else's good payers.

Not that I am in favour of DR or particularly against. Just an observation from your comments.

Cannot comment on the integrity of the championship but it will be a great fight at the top and any of the bottom 8 could get relegated as there is very little between them. Good competition then?

Interesting to see the comments and views on the present DR system which, I can see being in place for some time. It appears from the comments that it is achieving one of its goals of improving the class of payers in rugby league. I assume that the 'fringe' super league players are getting picked because they are better than certain existing championship players. They in turn are saying 'sod it' and joining amateur teams (I assume they are better than they already have). Therefore all levels of the rugby league, except super league, have better players .......

With the exception of Fev, Fax, Sheffield and Leigh that is who improve their teams by picking up everyone else's good payers.

Not that I am in favour of DR or particularly against. Just an observation from your comments.

Cannot comment on the integrity of the championship but it will be a great fight at the top and any of the bottom 8 could get relegated as there is very little between them. Good competition then?

So why do the SL clubs not release these fringe players who they have no teams for them to play in? It like "land banking" they want to hold on to the contracts just incase they may be of some use. How about they release them, champ teams pick them up on contracts and if they improve and reach SL level the SL teams can then make a bid for them.

IF 2nd team rugby came in for Super League clubs again next year do you think Leeds and the other clubs would care about us , they'd drop us all like a hot potato , or if Fev got into Super League and D/R was still being used then Fev would be the team loaning fringe players out , D/R not a good thing......

I am aware of one hunslet player who's thinking of saying sod it. Ok one casualty is not a indicator that the world is coming to and end. But similar conversations with a lad at donny and an experienced york player suggest that players at those club are considering their future commitment.

i think its clear the players on contract don't matter one bit to these clubs

Come the end of this season,the players who are on one season contracts will be told to sod of because the clubs can do it cheaper by using more sl players

John Wayne

The hell he is!

But is it cheaper to have a DR player in the team than your own? If your player is on guaranteed money plus match terms then the guaranteed still has to be paid even if not selected doesn't it? Also doesn't the DR pick up the match terms or is that scrubbed if they play?

If the above is correct then the likelihood surely is more winning pay will be paid as the team ought to win more matches?