Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wonky

town vs sheffield eagles

75 posts in this topic

+14 on the coupon for both us and the Jambo's. I would hope we can beat the coupon this week. The superjambo's should do it too as they are all predicting a win at work! You sometimes have to just nod and smile when they get carried away.

Surprised not using Kev Brown or Grant Gore.Must be only Declan Hulme playing?

Was Kevin Brown an option? if so we must be mad not taking him considering we are supposed to be not rushing in some of our half backs.

I guess BP is realistic but if we play for 80 (we were a match for Halifax for 60) and if things run for us as they didn't against Donny I'd not write us off.

We "have to" match sheffields intensity levels with and without the ball . Speed of the game in this league is proving to be major factor.

Forber tweeted this morning that he's not playing today, so probably Lupton & Coyle at half back.

I would say that is most likely derwent . But they could play callum @coyle with olstum at hooker?

Not talking about the short term with our injuries , but longer term I think Olstrum is a bench 9 in this league.

He hasn't really got the size to play his kind of power game at 13 against these packs . His strength is his footwork

and ruck strength , and he's had his best games for us at dummy half . Covering Matty with Callum in the halves may be how things pan out.

Unlucky boys great bp 28 24 ft lets turn barrow over good n proper next week up the town

sounded like a great performance. disappointing result but so many positives. add mattinson, rooney and miller to that team and we have something very good

FT 24-28. Great effort against a good team. However can't help feeling frustrated at losing that one. We can't go half of a game not getting a single try at home.

Yes agreed , very mixed feelings . Lots of positives but from that 80 minutes alone they were there for the beating today , and we had the chances to win comfortably . To have around 10 sets in their 20 in the second half and not come away with anything isn't good enough at this level . Lots of power lots of strength but as it went on it became more bang n barge at the line . Put a class half in that team and we'd be a top 6 team .So frustrating in having so much territory but being unable to make it count And why are we turning down kicks in front of the sticks . And doubly frustrating when you look at their scores which were all so soft . We had our pockets picked .. We're 80 % there , but that 20% that turns chances into points must be found or we'll keep getting taught harsh lessons ...top effort , top commitment , top forward effort , top first 40 , very proud of them , but you've got to have players who can put teams to bed when your in full ascendancy or at this level they'll bite you .

how the hell did calders not get man of the match?

my thoughts aswell wonky,calders was immense for us today.

All the best to Big Red

i think weve found the worst supported team in rugby, if there were 10 sheffield fans there i would be shocked. i think losing morris and then calders really disrupted us, and to be fair to coyle i thought he had a good 1st half. acton is a beast but gives far too many penalties away, 2 in possesion is a killer. calderwood was the best player on the pitch by some distance. i think we can take more positives than negatives and we should all be very proud of the boys, if we can put that first 40 over the 80 then we start to win a lot of games

I didn't see what happened to him ... Great of the ref to spot a pen against Acton right under their sticks but not a pen when Calders was took out or playing advantage when Carter was gonna scoot away when he decided to blow for a scrum !!!

Yes agreed , very mixed feelings . Lots of positives but from that 80 minutes alone they were there for the beating today , and we had the chances to win comfortably . To have around 10 sets in their 20 in the second half and not come away with anything isn't good enough at this level . Lots of power lots of strength but as it went on it became more bang n barge at the line . Put a class half in that team and we'd be a top 6 team .So frustrating in having so much territory but being unable to make it count And why are we turning down kicks in front of the sticks . And doubly frustrating when you look at their scores which were all so soft . We had our pockets picked .. We're 80 % there , but that 20% that turns chances into points must be found or we'll keep getting taught harsh lessons ...top effort , top commitment , top forward effort , top first 40 , but you've got to half players who can put teams to bed when your in full ascendancy or at this level they'll bite you .

Totally agree with all that. Why do we spurn two penalties which were closer to the sticks than the one we missed which would have given us a draw? Coyle played OK first half, missed tackle aside but anonymous second half when we needed something extra. Some bad decisions by ref made a difference = looked like it was a strip on Carter to me which lead to their try. Philips plays well but we need Mattinson back to tie them in around the ruck more. Promising though I doubt anyone could have argued had we won this game.

thought the lads played with a lot of spirit today,very proud of their efforts,we just need that bit of craft and zip to make us a decent side,but hey lets enjoy the rugby on offer after years in the doldrums.

Well I can tell you Oneday that when that ball spewed out of Carter the ref wasn't watching because I was looking at him . His back was turned and by the time he got into position they were running it in . But triply frustrating that two of their tries came from ultra soft dummy half runs and two from a prop carrying a shed load of defenders over . They didn't really get on top of us ever ,but we struggled to ask any questions as the game progressed. Coyle tired and Lupton struggled to make an impact . Liam Campbell was sitting infront of me ... Boy how would he go in this team !