Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kenilworth Tiger

Salfords New owner making friends

241 posts in this topic

whats the owner supposed to do,sit in the lower reaches of league getting tonked,the bloke is trying to put his hand in his pocket to improve the side,well done sir

I think its excellent. He should be applauded. A club that was on its backside now ruffling feathers of Warrington and trying to sign one of the biggest talents in the league.

Ruffling feathers? ,Chase would only leave cas for a wad of money or to go to a big club,morley is the wrong side of 35 and well past it and jake emmett would be a good squad man.

i think the horse man is trying to stop the fans from getting over excited tbh.

jake emmett would be a good squad man.

But when you don't have good squad men then a good squad man is an attractive proposition and it's not like Emmitt is being played every week is it? Isn't he on dual reg with their Championship partner at present?

Well done Dr Koukash. I hope he keeps this up and lets it be known that he's serious about getting Salford on their feet and competing for trophies.

But when you don't have good squad men then a good squad man is an attractive proposition and it's not like Emmitt is being played every week is it? Isn't he on dual reg with their Championship partner at present?

Well done Dr Koukash. I hope he keeps this up and lets it be known that he's serious about getting Salford on their feet and competing for trophies.

Sorry i wasn't having a pop at jake,along with james laithwaithe of warrington he's the only player iv'e really enjoyed watching on DR terms over the last few yrs.I'm just trying to say if mr Koukash really wanted to put down a marker this season then these wouldn't be the players he would go for.It is possible and probable that he just wants to stablise the club this season, which isn't a bad idea really.

Sorry i wasn't having a pop at jake,along with james laithwaithe of warrington he's the only player iv'e really enjoyed watching on DR terms over the last few yrs.I'm just trying to say if mr Koukash really wanted to put down a marker this season then these wouldn't be the players he would go for.It is possible and probable that he just wants to stablise the club this season, which isn't a bad idea really.

I think your last sentence hits the nail on the head. The real recruitment will be for next season.

Serious answers only please...

If Hull couldn't sign Chase due to his visa problem, why do Salford think they can?

Ruffling feathers? ,Chase would only leave cas for a wad of money or to go to a big club,morley is the wrong side of 35 and well past it and jake emmett would be a good squad man.

i think the horse man is trying to stop the fans from getting over excited tbh.

I don't really agree with this point.

Morley, whilst old is still a big name in SL and would be a great signing on and off the field for Salford.

Chase is a former man of steel and England international.

If he was trying to get the fans to stay calm, this wouldn't be the way to go about it. I suspect he is trying to shore up the squad for this year, with the likes of Emmett, Griffin etc. but is looking for some big names asap to give the club a boost.

I applaud his approach (as long as he isn't peeing people off with inappropriate approaches) - it is an approach that Warrington went with in the early days at the HJ. We signed Martin Gleeson as a marker, then gradually improved the quality of our signings before making the Andrew Johns signing, which certainly gave the club a real boost and signaled that we were a club with ambition and wouldn't be settling for mediocrity.

If Salford can get one or two 'marquee players' then it would really help, but ultimately they need a stronger squad overall to support these players, and by the different kind of players he is approaching it looks like he is well aware of that!

Serious answers only please...

If Hull couldn't sign Chase due to his visa problem, why do Salford think they can?

Maybe it is something to do with more time having elapsed?

Welcome to the world of professional sport, Kenilworth Tiger.

There is a salary cap in place and Dr K has money to spend. No-one in SL is off limits and nor should they be. Good luck to him and Salford City Reds, a club asset stripped more than most in recent years so a somewhat odd target for sour grapes.

Jake's grandad played for Salford (and Wales) with distinction. He's far too good to be playing in the Championship.

Chase must surely be a mistake, given visa issues?

whats the owner supposed to do,sit in the lower reaches of league getting tonked,the bloke is trying to put his hand in his pocket to improve the side,well done sir

Wigan and Hull never did anything like this, did they?

I don't really agree with this point.

Morley, whilst old is still a big name in SL and would be a great signing on and off the field for Salford.

Chase is a former man of steel and England international.

If he was trying to get the fans to stay calm, this wouldn't be the way to go about it. I suspect he is trying to shore up the squad for this year, with the likes of Emmett, Griffin etc. but is looking for some big names asap to give the club a boost.

I applaud his approach (as long as he isn't peeing people off with inappropriate approaches) - it is an approach that Warrington went with in the early days at the HJ. We signed Martin Gleeson as a marker, then gradually improved the quality of our signings before making the Andrew Johns signing, which certainly gave the club a real boost and signaled that we were a club with ambition and wouldn't be settling for mediocrity.

If Salford can get one or two 'marquee players' then it would really help, but ultimately they need a stronger squad overall to support these players, and by the different kind of players he is approaching it looks like he is well aware of that!

Morely would be a perfect short term signing to focus the Salford fans on their team. He is a renowned figure with a freasome reputation and, to boot, a born and bred Salfordian.

First Morley, now Chase and Emmit

I really don't like the "I've loads of money so come and join us approach"

Not really endearing himself to others is he?

Dont Cas offer better money to players than them players get at certain clubs to tempt them to join Cas, when them players are about come off contract?

What do you expect him to do? As long as he approaches the clubs and not the players, what is the problem?

There is no problem.

Koukash is supposed to look to spend up to the cap and is doing so as openly as any SL club.

I'm sure there's no inference of "additional riches" here.

But even though the response is sparse he's still putting down the markers spoken about that salford are now in for players in as big a way as any of the top clubs.

That's what we want. We don't want clubs adjusting their salaries down because they can't afford it. there's nothing super about that.

Finally good point on the idea that talent is very sparse at the moment. I'm sure Mr. K will know that and guess he's thinks he may not be able to beat 'em but he can join 'em.

It will need players to take a different attitude to salford and that's maybe why Dr. K is going round basically announcing he's looking to go to the top....

I dont see the problem, like said hes asking the clubs if there interested n when told no he moves on if only every club worked like that!!!

Worth remembering the circumstances concerning Matt Smith's move to Wigan last year; Salford have been practically chivalrous by comparison

Worth remembering the circumstances concerning Matt Smith's move to Wigan last year; Salford have been practically chivalrous by comparison

To be fair, Pottsy, I think we were not unhappy to sell Matty as we needed the money and six months later, we'd've got nowt.

(Speaking from the club's pov, not the fans)

Good on Salford for asking can they buy a player, nothing wrong with it.

Showing good intentions.

If Castleford did sell (if they can due to visa issues) they could buy a few players instead of loaning players.

KT is having a moan, I can understand he's view but he needs to understand its life... :unsure::O:D