Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cardiff 1

Welsh squad for World Cup

16 posts in this topic

We need two halfbacks and two centres ... other than that we are looking fairly promising. I hope Tyson Frizzell has got his recruiting head on.

We need two halfbacks and two centres ... other than that we are looking fairly promising. I hope Tyson Frizzell has got his recruiting head on.

Doesn't he have a welsh father and Tongan mother? Would be a good move for him to choose Wales ahead of any state of origin aspirations.

depends how many nrl player that dont make it into the aus team suddenly realize that they have a welsh grandad! :dry:

surely rhys hanbury must have a welsh grandmother, he would be brilliant for wales.

surely rhys hanbury must have a welsh grandmother, he would be brilliant for wales.

I asked that question last year. We'd certainly have him like a shot.

The 2 Evanses at Wire could play centre, assuming the English one sees sense? Halves are a massive worry. Flower, Lloyd and Dudson all seem to be developing nicely, and Wigan are toying with the idea of Lloyd playing centre.

phil joseph could make a comeback for the welsh as well..............

ben flower, gil dudson, rhodri lloyd, jordan james, ben evans, elliott kear, lloyd white, rhys williams, craig kopczak from super league clubs. maybe a recall for phil joseph. tyson frizzel, matt seamark and lee williams from nrl and queensland cup.

i'd expect david james from south wales scorpions to be in the squad.

C'mon Lee Briers. Your country needs you ... again. :)

I wish Matt James had lived up to his earlier promise. He looked like he could have been really good.

Maybe now's his chance.

If Luke Dyer is still playing at a decent level, he could do us a job at centre.

My starting 13 at this moment in time

1) David James South Wales Scorpions 8) Craig Kopcsak Huddersfield Giants (Captain)

2) Elliot Kear Bradford Bulls 9) Neil Budworth Mackay Cutters

3) Rhodri Lloyd Wigan Warriors 10) Gil Dudson Wigan Warriors

4) Christan Roets North Wales Crusaders 11) Jordan James Salford City Reds

5) Rhys Williams Warrington Wolves 12) Tyson Frizell St George Dragons

6) Lloyd White Widnes Vikings 13) Ben Flower Wigan Warriors

7) Danny Jones Keighley Cougars

I think we are very light in the backs could do with a bit more experience Come on Briers one more time

Theres also Ben Evans, Jacob Emmit, Michael Channing, Daniel Fleming Within Super League Set Ups

Carvell going to be in England Squad?

youngsters like ollie olds, jack pring and rhys pugsley could be included in squad. any other welsh qualified players? seem to remember ben davies from widnes getting a call up but not sure he played. salfords gareth owen?

apparently brian noble has called on lee briers to come out of international retirement to lead wales in the world cup............

never mind that england could do with him as coach full stop.