Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolford6

Signs you are getting old

141 posts in this topic

I'll start this off.

At 6am this morning I went to get my newspaper from the shop about 400 yards away. There and back in less than 10 minutes.

It's now 9.20am and I've just realised I've still got my baseball hat on.

When Scott Moore made his debut in 2004 and he was a few months younger than me...

Watching the Brit awards the other night and *genuinely* not knowing who almost all of them were. Not bothered mind but it used to be the case that I'd at least heard of popular acts.

Watching the Brit awards the other night and *genuinely* not knowing who almost all of them were. Not bothered mind but it used to be the case that I'd at least heard of popular acts.

Might be a sign I'm getting old, but I'm in my (late) 20's and listen to Radio 1 and still didn't know who half of them were.

Spending more times posting on RL forums in your average week than being out down the pub!

Might be a sign I'm getting old, but I'm in my (late) 20's and listen to Radio 1 and still didn't know who half of them were.

Ah, well that makes me feel a little better. I knew I was still hip really. ;)

I've heard of most of them, and what an unbelievably drab bunch they are. You're not missing much, John.

I had heard of most of them because my partner has a 19 year-old daughter, I even knew some of the songs because my 4 year-old sings along to the catchier ones in the car, what was surprising was putting names and faces to some songs.

"Oh, it's her that sings that", I said on more than one occasion, along with "Ah, thats what they look like."

I had heard of most of them because my partner has a 19 year-old daughter, I even knew some of the songs because my 4 year-old sings along to the catchier ones in the car, what was surprising was putting names and faces to some songs.

"Oh, it's her that sings that", I said on more than one occasion, along with "Ah, thats what they look like."

I have an 11 year old daughter so yes, there was the occasional moment like that but generally....not even heard of them. That's me, I accept but still.

I've heard of most of them, and what an unbelievably drab bunch they are. You're not missing much, John.

Yes that's a word I'd use too.

I'll start this off.

At 6am this morning I went to get my newspaper from the shop about 400 yards away. There and back in less than 10 minutes.

Ha! You're nowhere near old, mate. You remembered to buy the paper.

Didn't you? :O

Ha! You're nowhere near old, mate. You remembered to buy the paper.

Didn't you? :O

[This is for Shadow]

Of course I did, Tony. Otherwise I'd have had nothing to cut up into squares and hang on a nail in the outside khasi.

On a night out and it gets to around 9-10 ish and you would rather be at home with a book than out in town getting legless.

Those little aches and pains that you seem to come and go as you get older.

On a night out and it gets to around 9-10 ish and you would rather be at home with a book than out in town getting legless.

Cor, that's a relief.Thank God I'm not that old.

:)

Now this is common place for proper oldies, but remembering and knowing things vividly before someone you can have a conversation with was born.

(And no, that does not mean I am chatting up people who are under-16. I know how the minds on this forum works!)

That's just crazy talk.

Doesn't that make you a teenager? ;)

Those little aches and pains that you seem to come and go as you get older.

Finding the word 'oof' is now a regular in your repetoire, mainly when getting up off the floor, or a settee.

Finding the word 'oof' is now a regular in your repetoire, mainly when getting up off the floor, or a settee.

Kinky.

having a bucket list

working my way steadily through mine

though I missed out on the springsteen tickets this morning.

Never being able to organise nights out as mates can't get babysitters.

Filling in an application form and realising it was 20 years this year since I did my GCSEs

Getting my mortgage statement from the bank and realising I'm over halfway through the 25 year term.

There's 3 from a long list.

Realising that the strongest growing hair on your head comes out of your nose and ears. :O