Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolford6

Signs you are getting old

141 posts in this topic

You are as old as you feel! I know of some people who never stop complaining about minor ailments. Apart from suffering from tinnitus and carpal tunnel syndrome, I am still active at aged 64, working as a landscape gardener as well as hiking every week. Very lucky really. I once overheard an elderly lady say that you have to accept the changes in life to get on with it. Vanity is one huge problem for some, especially trying to come to terms with baldness and wrinkles .

Taking up home brewing as a hobby.

And in general, getting less excited about things but also getting less disappointed by things (please refrain from innuendo!). Sport is the perfect example, it used to feel like life or death. Now it's more like mild-happiness vs mild-discomfort.

That's just crazy talk.

I should point out that this I usually go out straight from work at around 5ish.

Old is when; the glass of wine has replaced the pint of bitter, shoes are bought from Clarkes, you say 'what's he/she wearing don't they know its freezing' and finally when you mention a TV program you used to watch in black and white and your the only one who remembers it was in black and white.

I should point out that this I usually go out straight from work at around 5ish.

So you should just be nicely warmed up by about 9? ;)

I'll regard myself as old when I start wearing shoes.

shoes are bought from Clarkes, .

That reminds me; there was a BBC report a few months ago on how Clarks shoes have recently become popular in Jamaica. The presenter signed off with "and if you want to see this report again, it'll be available on the I and I Player". :D

Old is when; the glass of wine has replaced the pint of bitter..

Jeez, I would have classed drinking bitter as a sign of getting old.

Just how old are you....

Signs you are getting old, eh? Here's one... er... no, I've forgotten what it was.

When you're appointed an assistant, her CV says she was born in 1990 and you realise that means she's 22/23. :

When you sit down to tie your laces.

Yes, I do mostly only wear Clarks shoes and safety shoes, though, so far, never at the same time.

I have woken myself up with my own snoring.

I turn the telly off when there's nothing on that I want to see.

It's about ten years since i last wore jeans. However, I've still kept a couple of pairs in a wardrobe ... just in case.

My garage has got loads of junk, so has the attic.

When you see the sixth form girls on their way to college and you think "ooh I bet she's cold, she ought to put a nice warm coat on"

And you get a ###### ######ity ######ster advert on the top of the page going, "Time to plan your funeral.".

And you get a ###### ######ity ######ster advert on the top of the page going, "Time to plan your funeral.".

I've got a free drink driving guide on mine.

When your kids are looking at University to go to.

At one time, I had to do a couple of resits in the summer. I obviously didn't do much revision so, panicking, came up to Bradford to do a solid day's worth in a Bradford Hall (hall-of-residence) room before my first exam. I could hardly concentrate all day because of the racket coming from the building of a new block of halls (Shearbridge Hall) twenty yards away.

They knocked down Shearbridge Hall about four years ago and Bradford Hall last year.

When your kids are looking at University to go to.

When you can't write coherent English any more.

I have never played a computer game; well not since Space Invaders in a pub about twenty five years ago.

Visited the IWM at Duxford this week and overheard a child asking his Dad "what's Concorde"

Visited the IWM at Duxford this week and overheard a child asking his Dad "what's Concorde"

Went to Duxford last summer,had the privilege of seeing a 109 and a Spitfire mock dogfighting.

Husband is really into planes, me much less but still thought it was an impressive place (but freezing)

Husband is really into planes, me much less but still thought it was an impressive place (but freezing)

A very impressive place.