Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolford6

Signs you are getting old

141 posts in this topic

Strangely: I became a father for the first time at 46, in 2008, in April I will become a Grandfather.

Because my Partner has a 19 Year-old daughter and she is Pregnant to a male heir to the Jamaican side

Getting a call from your sister to wish you "happy birthday", being asked if you got your card and not having a clue despite it only being a couple of hours since you opened the half dozen you'd recieved.

At the market this morning I was discussing with a customer why I never made the move ten years ago to Australia. She said that she understood; that I would miss the grandchildren. :O

I now struggle to put my socks on (particularly the right one as you ask).

Pretty young women now make me smile rather than phwoar.

Getting a call from your sister to wish you "happy birthday", being asked if you got your card and not having a clue despite it only being a couple of hours since you opened the half dozen you'd recieved.

I get that call from my brother every year, and I tell him it must have been delayed in the post, because he is too tight to actually send me one, even last year for my 50th.

Thats what comes from being related to a Salford fan. Miserable Fckr

People have been citing nasal hair and going bald. I used to have nasal hair, but recently my nostrils have gone bald.

Pretty young women now make me smile rather than phwoar.

A very beautiful 19-year old flirts with me at work, which annoys some of the young men. However, she does it because she thinks I am old enough to be harmless.

People have been citing nasal hair and going bald. I used to have nasal hair, but recently my nostrils have gone bald.

Is that because of all of those scientific things you have been doing over these years?

Is that because of all of those scientific things you have been doing over these years?

Indeed I'm wondering if there is some sort of graphical demonstration of this phenomenon?

I get that call from my brother every year, and I tell him it must have been delayed in the post, because he is too tight to actually send me one, even last year for my 50th.

Thats what comes from being related to a Salford fan. Miserable Fckr

Mine arrived in the post today, just after I'd gone out. I was just clueless, which I'm putting down to age... at 36. :D

"When it takes you all night to do what you used to do all night" and you know the song with those lyrics.

Your the oldest swinger in town

6 cards you are popular

Whilst working, I regularly walk to my van and wonder what it is I want out of it by the time I get there.

And I haven't reached 50 yet. :(

I've been doing that since my teens. I think it's something to do with altitude, as it generally occurs between the bottom and top of the stairs.

Watching the Brit awards the other night and *genuinely* not knowing who almost all of them were. Not bothered mind but it used to be the case that I'd at least heard of popular acts.

I was at the Brits and I was delighted when one of my work colleagues wanted to go home at 11.30 - I was a gent and made sure she got home safely rather than head to the jam-packed after show party.

Im definitely getting old.

Sign #2, when you are in the chemists and those daily tablet boxes look appealing

When filling in your date of birth on a website and you have to scroll for some time through the drop down box before you reach the correct year.

The primary school I attended was replaced a few years ago, the replacement was shut last year for another replacement. Now that makes me feel old...

Looking through my vinyl collection and coming to the realisation that I bought some of them 36 years ago.

Seeing a tweet from Josh Charnley this morning wishing his dad happy birthday and noticing that his dad is actually younger than me. :(

The primary school I attended was replaced a few years ago, the replacement was shut last year for another replacement. Now that makes me feel old...

my secondary school was relaxed about 5 years ago- maybe more (Buil Hill HS) & my Primary was demolished about 3 years ago (Seedley) after over 100 years of serving the educational needs of Salford.

Everything I grew up with in Salford has gone, schools, swimming baths where I learned to swim, the pub where I first drank (The Royal aka The Widows at the top of Cemetry Rd) & the Willows where I saw my first game of RL

Not Frederick Road Baths, or Swinton Baths by any chance?

The primary school I attended was demolished,and an o.a.p's home built on the site.So I may well end up back there.

Not Frederick Road Baths, or Swinton Baths by any chance?

Both better than Blackfriars pool. It was used as a threat when I was learing to swim, pass your length or race the roaches at Blackfriars.

Looking through my vinyl collection and coming to the realisation that I bought some of them 36 years ago.

Most of mine are over 40 years old. One is so old, it isn't even in stereo! Sgt.Pepper's, from '68, was available in stereo before anyone complains, but it was also sold in a mono version and I only had a mono player and thought the stereo version wouldn't work properly :( .

If you remember when Pet Shop Boys - It's a Sin was number one, that was when I was born.

If you remember when Pet Shop Boys - It's a Sin was number one, that was when I was born.

Like it was yesterday. In fact, and this is a true indication of ageing, probably better than I can remember what happened yesterday. :(

You are very, very young.