Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolford6

Signs you are getting old

141 posts in this topic

Secret Love - Doris Day

:D

I think it's a very under-rated song. It would make a jazz chanteuse classic.

He's the spirit of a boy as young as you, my dear, and then some! :lol:

And I have no idea as to how rich he his. I've never asked, have no intention of doing so, and insist on paying half of everything. :)

As long as it's not me dad then it's ok!

And paying half is something a friend I was catching up with over food tonight insisted on too. I didn't mind that's what she wanted.

As long as it's not me dad then it's ok!

And paying half is something a friend I was catching up with over food tonight insisted on too. I didn't mind that's what she wanted.

It might be... was that song number one when your dad was born? If it was, and it is your dad, don't worry, I'll look after him properly! :lol:

Not sure why anyone would object to going 50/50 over a bill. Unless the other person quaffed a load of vintage champers or summat.

But there's another sign you're getting old (or are just very old fashioned and sexist)... when you can't handle a woman paying her share of the bill.

It might be... was that song number one when your dad was born? If it was, and it is your dad, don't worry, I'll look after him properly! :lol:

Not sure why anyone would object to going 50/50 over a bill. Unless the other person quaffed a load of vintage champers or summat.

But there's another sign you're getting old (or are just very old fashioned and sexist)... when you can't handle a woman paying her share of the bill.

It's a sign I don't go out much! It was more splitting it over two cards which was new to me.

I'm all for women paying the bill. Shame 'er indoors doesn't agree.

I remember that, but I was only six when that was number one.

When I was born, Barbra Streisand was at number one with "Woman In Love".

However, someone I've been seeing recently was born when The Shadows were at number one with "Kon-Tiki". So if you remember that then it's a sign you are old enough for me. ;)

Good Luck Charm by Elvis for me

I was born before the charts were invented.

I was born before the charts were invented.

Caruso it was then.

;):D

Gypsy, sung by the Inkspots, was No 1 in the US charts in the month and year I was born

By the way, our electricity has just been converted to colour....

By the way, our electricity has just been converted to colour....

:D

Incidentally, just because you've illegally tapped into Lincolnshire's street light doesn't mean that the electricity itself is yellow.

;)

Damn! Found out!

Driving down the M5 and looking at a caravan being towed and thinking, that's a nice caravan.

Driving down the M5 and looking at a caravan being towed and thinking, that's a nice caravan.

I've always wondered how anyone sane person would want to own a caravan. :D

I've always wondered how anyone sane person would want to own a caravan. biggrin.png

All the slowest things on the planet drag their house around with them, snails, tortoises and caravan owners.

In my case it's seeing trendy 20 year old's wandering round wearing "classic" replica England Ond Day Cricket gear from the 1992 World Cup and 1994/95 Ashes tour. I have the originals from Hogger sports and the one with the WSC logo cos I wuz there...

That and seeing Bonnie Tyler belting out "holding out for a hero" at Wales v New Zealand, Millenium stadium approx 2005 IIRC :(

I have another 17 odd years I hope before I need a - private - rest home.... :(

In my case it's seeing trendy 20 year old's wandering round wearing "classic" replica England Ond Day Cricket gear from the 1992 World Cup and 1994/95 Ashes tour. I have the originals from Hogger sports and the one with the WSC logo cos I wuz there...

... and Classic now do a 'Retro'/'Vintage' Melbourne Storm, inaugural jersey. I keep seeing my original in the wardrobe and think "I must wear that new Melbourne shirt more..."