Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beachy01

Directors gone?

26 posts in this topic

Here's the official club statement:

"Barrow Raiders wish to announce that on Friday 22 February, 2013 four directors resigned their positions with immediate effect. The four (vice chairman Allan Park, former chairman Jimmy Tongue, Eric Wood and David Salt) tendered their resignations at the weekly board meeting.

All had been formally elected into office in December 2011.

The four resigning directors had each served Barrow RFC well over the last fourteen months and the Board would like to thank each of them for their efforts during a difficult time in the club’s history.

The club will now be administered by the remaining seven directors –Chairman David Sharpe, Andy Gaffney, Phil Heighton, Keith Holt, Geoff Worrall, Peter Hornby and Keith Nutter.

A new vice chairman shall be elected in the next week or so but there are currently no plans to fill the vacancies in the boardroom.

There will be no further statement from the club regarding this matter."

Has there been any reason behind their resignations?

Are these four the ones who were accused on here of not actually doing anything to help the running of the club?

I wonder if matters finally came to a head?

where has the transparacy gone when the board was elected. i bet this has summat to do with the duel reg fiasco and being in it or out it .

All I can say is, the gentleman involved were willing to give their time when the club needed them. Whatever has happened, good luck to them in the future.

And Off The wall, why would it have something to do with that.

where has the transparacy gone when the board was elected. i bet this has summat to do with the duel reg fiasco and being in it or out it .

i think the transparency was more to do with the clubs finances bob we cant expect the club to release all the nitty gritty about the goings on and the day to day running of the club.at the end of the day people come and go but as long as its for the right reasons and for the benefit of the club then thats all that matters.as for the duel reg circus i really hope barrow can stay up this year and shove 2 fingers up to the clowns that are running the game or should i say killing the game outside of super league..

so far off the beaten track you would not believe...

Can I ask a question without being slagged off...why did we lose 4 directors in one night?

Sorry to see Alan Park is one of the Directors standing down. I thought he worked hard with the ground maintenance and improving facilities. I m not going to say anything other than thank you for your efforts all four of you. I know we had our differences and directions but you committed your free time for little or no reward.

Lot of 'Editing' going on on this thread! Whats going on lads! Lol! :)

Me pist again...lol hold my hands up to that one..lmao

Get Dave Myers on the board, bit of publicity if anything and a decent spread after the game.

There is an excellent humerous but true article by Peter Wilson about BBC TV Match of the Day in tonights Mail but he finishes the article with the following :

PS. Just a final thought.Four members of the Barrow Raiders Board resigned at the weekend.

The Club issued a statement thanking them and saying there would be no further comment as though the reasons were none of our business.

But what about the debenture holders and season ticket holders who voted these four into office in the belief that they would serve the Club long term?

Aren't they entitled to an explanation of why more than a third of the board all walked out on one night-but I think we should be told. Surely that's far better than all the rumours that are already doing the rounds,

Food for thought,I think!

Definitely food for thought.

The Mushroom Syndrome is upon us.!!!

Personally I think that if it was to come out it should be by the 4 departing members. If they want to tell they will tell, if not then respect their decision and move on.