Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jt

The support

jt    210

Well done today to everyone who turned up we have beaten a S/L attendance again and that was against a team who didn't have a big following Not bad going two weeks on the trot Stick together doing our part and we will get there

morley-hawk    10

Well done today to everyone who turned up we have beaten a S/L attendance again and that was against a team who didn't have a big following Not bad going two weeks on the trot Stick together doing our part and we will get there

Call me a cynic but today didn't look like an attendance of over 2,300

The Grinder    68

Call me a cynic but today didn't look like an attendance of over 2,300

Morlry-Hawk - call me a cynic too looked more or less like the shared gate we had last year :)

coolie    1,377

Are but teams do lie and inflate gates

and as for the taxman..it dont take einstein to work around that.

discounted family tickets,promotions & comps

thats why business men are business men

and amazon aint paid tax along with starbucks

dont think for one minute fev have a monopoly

on wiggling & jiggling ;)

Matt J    4

Who would lie about a bigger attendance? The tax man wants some of that;

The tax man is bothered about money in the bank, not people on the terraces.

Robin Evans    982

Exactly. We could declare a crowd of 10,000. The taxman is only interested in receipts.

Griff    126

He's even more interested in money that's not in the bank. ;)

Maureen T-k    376

people should remember those in the clubhouse who very rarely go to stands

The very same ones who don't have the decency to observe a minutes silence/ applause at games. But that's another story

Steve Slater    396

people should remember those in the clubhouse who very rarely go to stands

I don't know if it's the same amount of folk in the clubhouse every game, but yesterday it appeared absolutely packed, from the outside looking in. I've never seen so many people pressed up against the window. The main stand looked pretty full too. It's a bit warmer in there than the family stand and on the terraces, so that might be why it looked less than last week.

oldrover    370

Watched a match in clubhouse once... wasnt the same.

it wouldn't be, hardly room to pass a ball in there :rolleyes:

oldrover    370

The tables won 30-0, I think.

to avoid any confusion can just say, the tables wore their white away strip, and the stools were their usual brown. :rolleyes:

jamescolin    212

The point was that we got more spport than a SL club. So on the same premis are they showing more support to try to stay in SL or less for tax purposes as they are in trouble. Missed the game anyway doctor says I have shingles. Thought the spurs were a bit rusty.

Griff    126

The point was that we got more spport than a SL club. So on the same premis are they showing more support to try to stay in SL or less for tax purposes as they are in trouble. Missed the game anyway doctor says I have shingles. Thought the spurs were a bit rusty.

Happen they're just showing what support they got. Why is there an assumption that it musty have been manipulated - one way or the other ? :mellow:

The Grinder    68

Are you suggesting we are spending money we don't have?

Chris,

I think you'll find that Griff is really referring to the fact that the tax man is much more interested in any income anyone does not declare than he is in the money Fev or anyone else has in the bank, though he is always interested in the income (interest) that this may generate

genesis    2

Lets just face facts, Our home attendance is way better than any other team in our devision and we probably have the best away support ( 2 coaches going to Whitehaven ! ). I hope that Fax and sheffield bring a few fans to our home games = Great atmospher. It is difficult for a fan to chant to away fans when only 50 turn up.