Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gus Tyson

top 3 & bottom 3

56 posts in this topic

Another 1 to add to the 3 worst. Nick Owen. Cud kick but that's it. Wudnt go in tackling drills with anyone the same size or bigger than him

tell you one of the best Aussies we have ever had......Tony Elliott....usually played at 10 - Hard as nails and ran straight and true..wish we had another like him now :rolleyes:

Bottom 3

Syd Lowden... was signed on the back of a brilliant Rugby Union performance up the coast when he kicked the opposition to death. Unfortunately kicking to touch on the full in open play is not a desired attribute for league. Remember Denis Jackson, our Colts coach at the time, taking him to one side during a training session and trying to teach him how to tackle. He simply didn't know how to. He also picked up a massive signing on fee, don't blame the bloke but the directors clearly hadn't done their homework.

glad someone else picked up on that particular signing. I remember we were getitng beat by about 3 points in a game with about a minute left on the clock, we were awarded a penalty about 30 metres out and right on the touch line instead of taking a tap lowden went for the goal!!! he missed it by the way and we obviously got beat!! thats the only thing of note he did in a barrow. shirt

some really good players mentioned so far, and some real shockers too!

ive logged on this page a few times and Soss and Michael Ashton have been looking a few times but not yet posted, come on chaps, its the sort of thread which anyone can get involved in, not like this pointless threads of word games and what the attendance was at london, who cares, this is where everyone can share stories and opinions, come on Nasher, lets hear your views.

some really good players mentioned so far, and some real shockers too!

ive logged on this page a few times and Soss and Michael Ashton have been looking a few times but not yet posted, come on chaps, its the sort of thread which anyone can get involved in, not like this pointless threads of word games and what the attendance was at london, who cares, this is where everyone can share stories and opinions, come on Nasher, lets hear your views.

yeah I've noticed that too Gus, if theyr'e not talking about the articles of assoaciation or the merits of being a debenture holder then they don't seem to have anything to talk about!!

I've noticed that the workington forum have copied this thread and are naming their top and bottom 3 players. just shows what a good thread this is

get your finger out nasher and post something worthwhile for a change!!

It is a good thread this but if people don't want to post they don't have too, just like you don't have to look at the stupid word game! At the moment I'm struggling to come up with my top 3 and worst 3. I can't really argue with what people have posted already though on both fronts however some are from before my time, I've only been going since 93/94.