Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shades2

Sheffield away Friday night at Bramhall Lane

34 posts in this topic

Club website info needs changing - says Don Valley.

Any info please on:

Which stand will we be in?

Parking?

Where are other Knights fans going for a pre-match beer?

Thanks

Plenty of decent pubs in the city centre for a pre-match drink, Sheffield fans are usually in the Lord Nelson on Arundel Street before the game. Heard that they were looking at putting everyone in the South Stand this season though the website says it will be the John Street stand again, either way there will be stewards to help you find your way in!

Think I saw a bit of the official Eagles website about having to buy tickets 1st before

you go through an electronic type turnstile....

Will have another look tomorrow to see if there's any more confirmed info on

which stand we are in etc, etc.

We had to do that st time we were there.

You buy tickets at a table at the far end of a massive empty room - they watch you walk the full length, very unnerving. Then you get bundled into the tiniest cage like turnstile, to wave the ticket at who knows what to open one end of the cage - nobody tells you what you're supposed to do, they just stand there, tutting.

A part of me died in those turnstiles...

http://www.sheffield...-news&Itemid=49 - all the info is here ladies and gents...

Thanks for the info

Sorry that little old Bramall Lane doesnt match the glamour of the Huntingdon Stadium Andy but we are trying our best!

One day you too will have a derelict and poorly designed athletics stadium you can call home - until then you'll just have to make do with a Football stadium

As long as I get issued with a parachute before I go up on that gantry, I'll be fine !!

Sounds like we could have a new signing playing - prop Craig Potter from Batley,

could be useful, loads of experience in this division (see info on Batley site).

Also Dent & Brining to be rested & replaced by Elliot & Jack Iley.

Sounds like we could have a new signing playing - prop Craig Potter from Batley,

could be useful, loads of experience in this division (see info on Batley site).

Was hoping we might be signing him after seeing he'd left Batley. Should do well for us.

Hull FC info this week:

Pace man Tom Lineham will keep his place on the wing ahead of Jason Crookes who is recovering from a short term injury sustained at St Helens two weeks ago, while head coach Peter Gentle has also said centre Joe Arundel is pushing hard for a recall after impressing on dual registration at York.

"I've waited 12 months to have these sorts of tough decisions about team selection. We're starting to get a few players coming back in and it's healthy for the squad and good for competition for places,"

"What it does is just put everyone on notice. The players know they can't string a couple of bad games together as we've got some very talented players waiting to get a go.

"Josh Bowden is still waiting for his chance and Dean Hadley is killing it up at York. Joe Arundel and Jack Briscoe are playing well up there too so there's plenty of pressure to perform with the depth we have to our squad this year."

Feel free to take Griff on a dual-registration for your forum.

Thought Griff was a Fev fan he's always on their site, :rolleyes:

We had to do that st time we were there.

You buy tickets at a table at the far end of a massive empty room - they watch you walk the full length, very unnerving. Then you get bundled into the tiniest cage like turnstile, to wave the ticket at who knows what to open one end of the cage - nobody tells you what you're supposed to do, they just stand there, tutting.

A part of me died in those turnstiles...

The table is no longer at the far end, but now there are more people watching you, all sat or stood in silence. Very unnerving indeed. Thought I was at an audition.

could not fault the lads commitment last knight a couple of injuries did not help thought elliot put in a great stint till his injury they looked a good outfit to be honest and over 1000 there why cant we get the crowds like that

could not fault the lads commitment last knight a couple of injuries did not help thought elliot put in a great stint till his injury they looked a good outfit to be honest and over 1000 there why cant we get the crowds like that

If I'm honest, I thought it was a pretty poor attendance for the current champions at a Premier League quality ground in the middle of the city.