Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fester

New signing

159 posts in this topic

Some people have forgot KO can also play in the backs as well as the pack...

Who would he replace in the back line though? Everyone has been going well.

If every one is fit i would think you have to have Callum on the bench to cover Matty and the backs, leaving three forwards to pick for the bench????.

Some people have forgot KO can also play in the backs as well as the pack...

Who would he replace in the back line though? Everyone has been going well.

KO is better suited to playing off the bench due to his versatility......

I think we need to get away from this starting 13 idea, we need at least 18 players who can all be classed as starters to get us through the season. The fact we have so many who can play in so many positions is fantastic, as we will get injuries and suspensions as we have seen over the last few seasons.

I think we need to get away from this starting 13 idea, we need at least 18 players who can all be classed as starters to get us through the season. The fact we have so many who can play in so many positions is fantastic, as we will get injuries and suspensions as we have seen over the last few seasons.

Agreed and we've all seen how important impact is off the bench, its no slight being on the bench as I see it.

i think its a done deal now that Kayle Connor is a Workington player ,Tony Harrison tweeted it ,welcome to Workington.

Welcome to the promised land !!!

Dual reg isn't all golden by the way , Richard Owens having a western here .

KO is better suited to playing off the bench due to his versatility......

Opinions and all that but i think Karl is a 80min player.hes been brilliant so far this season.

How good is it to be talking about our "squad" instead of struggling to name 17...

Credit to Charlo and Oggy and the board.

Up the Town!

Well it looks like we have a new centre after all that ... There you go !!

Just seen it, maybe he will be given a shot in the halves.

We hope so but lets have a look at him and see what his strengths are . It's a learning curve for him and the coaches fitting him in .

Dont you think he will be on the bench to give any back that ether wants a spell or an injury s break?.

Bit raw on Hulme . Could do worse than shifting him into the halves with Lupton then if this kid wants to play centre. I feel he's really got something but he's getting less n less involvement way out there , but everything he does looks assured . Nothing wrong with trying things if it isn't working in the middle . Just seems worth a go with Hulmes footwork and running skills to have a look at him more centrally .If it isnt working freshen it up .And at the moment it just isn't . And it's ok having a new centre , but we still need the talent to get the ball to him . I'm convinced now Coyle isn't the solution . I dunno , maybe there easing this kid in at centre before shifting him in to the middle in time.

As you say DAVID M it might seem a bit raw on HULME but after all he is a DR.

I thought we were signing him for the half-back position because he has, apparently, a good kicking game (and he's also a goal kicker). As DavidM says maybe we are breaking him in to the Championship at centre before trying him at 6 or 7.

As you say DAVID M it might seem a bit raw on HULME but after all he is a DR.

That's right Abu - unfortunately when your Duel reg and can only attend an hour session the day before a game it becomes very difficult to be in contention for a squad place when all the full time squad are fit and just as importantly getting paid by the club . But I do agree with DavidM, Hulme has got something in his locker and having watched his progress over the years it will only be a matter of time before he gets an opportunity to show his worth . Whether that be at SL level or Championship level i'm not sure - only time will tell. A years loan away from Widnes might have suited better and possibly something that could be arranged in the next month as I believe he finishes his university studies by then ??

That's right Abu - unfortunately when your Duel reg and can only attend an hour session the day before a game it becomes very difficult to be in contention for a squad place when all the full time squad are fit and just as importantly getting paid by the club . But I do agree with DavidM, Hulme has got something in his locker and having watched his progress over the years it will only be a matter of time before he gets an opportunity to show his worth . Whether that be at SL level or Championship level i'm not sure - only time will tell. A years loan away from Widnes might have suited better and possibly something that could be arranged in the next month as I believe he finishes his university studies by then ??

Well the lad certainly has the talent wonderofwood as he has shown us in glimpses in matches against some strong Championship opposition, so yes, I think him being at Town for the full season would be beneficial to both the club and the player.

I'm not so sure about moving mossop to the wing and fitting Connor into the centres which is what the haven fanzine says is happening. Morris and mossop doin ok in centres IMO.

Well 3rd hand from the horses mouth (if that makes sense) I was told he said his preferred position is centre but he can also play stand off.

i always thought jason should get a chance on the wing. he played there against crusaders away and was the best player on the pitch and got towns mom. surely they never signed connor to play centre when you have rooney to come back,morris and mossop(millers back for the wing in a week or 2).