Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fester

New signing

159 posts in this topic

If nothing else this signing gives us competition for places in the half-backs and will keep everyone on their toes. Plus this young lad is a goal-kicker as well.

Regardless of what ive said about him before when I watch Coyle I can't see what Forber did wrong so far to be dropped for him .

exactly what i said sunday david. coyle to me is just an unfit forber. at least carl kicks goals and has a bit of pace about him. i think the new lad is being brought as the number 1 half back with 1 of the other 3 partnering him. i see lupton moving to 13 and olstrum to the bench when kayle gets settled.

Its early days for Coyle as he needs game time but first impressions are we need sharper at 7. So as Keith says there will be competition for places in the halves which is exactly what we need IMO.

I agree with you DavidM I know coyle needs game time but of you aske he brings nothing to the team once kayle has settled in I would move Lupton to 13 olstrum to bench and Forber 6 kayle 7

There is no way Olstrum can be moved to the bench, he has been 1 of our best players and probably our best tackler! Lupton & kayle at 6&7 and Olstrum at 13

Well we can't just not play Forber because he has played 3 games and played well in 2 of them

I agree with you DavidM I know coyle needs game time but of you aske he brings nothing to the team once kayle has settled in I would move Lupton to 13 olstrum to bench and Forber 6 kayle 7

IMO there is no way olstrum can be dropped he's playing too well. So possibly olstrum 12 lupton 13 forber 6 kayle/Coyle 7 depending on who is performing best @7 as its a position we need to address for creativity. People may say K.O isn't a S/Rower but on current form he has to be in the starting line up for consistency

Surely it'll just be Lupton n Connor , that'll minimise the disruption . Watching Sundays video Lupton was outstanding and was involved in loads. As has been said , the other halves will just have to bide their time and give healthy competition . And Olstrum has got his name on that 13 shirt through sheer weight of performance.This is all good !!!! Better than having no players !

Yeah Lupton was involved in a lot but his kicking game is terrible

Olstrum should be one of the 1st names on the team sheet imo, he has been outstanding in every game I've seen him play this season

He has been outstanding but Lupton says he wants to play 13 so let's give him 1 game there and see what he's like

Things are looking up, and with Matty almost ready for action and Elliot back in 2 weeks then we can look forward with plenty of optimism.

IMO there is no way olstrum can be dropped he's playing too well. So possibly olstrum 12 lupton 13 forber 6 kayle/Coyle 7 depending on who is performing best @7 as its a position we need to address for creativity. People may say K.O isn't a S/Rower but on current form he has to be in the starting line up for consistency

So who you going to drop from second row, Stack or Phillips? Very bizarre decision.

So who you going to drop from second row, Stack or Phillips? Very bizarre decision.

yeah theres no way you can drop either. stack is in red hot form and brett is consistently good. then we have shacks to spell either of them. ive been very impressed with karl and i dont think you could have him and callum on the bench when matty returns. so connor at 7,luppy 6, olstrum 13 and matty 9 getting spelled with phillips. that looks pretty awesome to me. but how good is it that we finally have options in key positions

Personally, I'm quite happy to leave who plays and in which position to the two coaches.

Its good to be talking about problems with team selection at half back.But i think we will after see how good this lad is.As when matty is fit i would like to see Callum at 7??

Oh no Keith it's all good fun !

Lupton 6, Connor 7 , Matty 9 and Olstrum 13 with Callum covering your utility off the bench does seem most logical. No ones dropped because they're not good enough , it's just healthy competition and numbers. When Miller returns I do hope we still keep Hulme , he's got talent and good utility value that lad.

i agree i wouldn't drop either of them my point is its difficult to drop olstrum.if stack or Phillips were injured it could be an option. I would leave K.O @ 13 and let coyle forber and Connor compete for the number 7 jersey with lupton @ 6 Somebody has to lose out so its up to them to earn the jersey. That's in an ideal world as injuries will dictate selection at some point in the season that's RL

It's going to be tough keeping all of our halfbacks happy.......but oh my.....what a great position to be in, after struggling in that department the last few years . I'm sure they will all get their chance as injuries kick in, we will need them all that's for sure. :)

Some people have forgot KO can also play in the backs as well as the pack...