Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Castleford Hawk

Greatest Fullback

13 posts in this topic

The wingers are sorted - Muscroft was a shoe in whilst Plange just about gets the nod over Sulipa.

Team (post 73) so far...

2. Muscroft

5. Plange

6. Mannson

7. King

13. Wolford

Now for the no.1 shirt. There's no doubting Gary Kemble went on to be a rugby league great but do his performances in our colours warrant a place in this team?

Richard Baker for me, one of the all time greats in our recent history with Butch Fatnowna a close second only because he played for one season.

Never forget when Bradford beat us 82-0 at Headingley if it hadn't have been for Baker we would have lost by 120 points that day!

Hawkeye's spell check lol.

Richard Baker hands down, followed by Mike Fletcher and honourable mentions for Kay,Lay and Butch.

Got to be Kemble, most of you wont have seen him but trust me he was special.

I'd go for buch fatnowna talent wise, class act! Just a shame we didn't have him for longer, echo what other people are saying, hard to choose really with rich baker, Steve lay & Andy Kay in the mix...

got to be gary kemble but think richard baker and andy kay must get a mention and steve lay also and he did go on to play for great britain i seem to remember but kemble oozed class.

Kemble. No one else comes anywhere near !

Even if Kemble was the best ability wise, i still think Baker with his consistent performances over MANY years for the club has to be in front of a one season wonder?

And i agree, dont think we can have a greatest team without him, deffo place on the bench if we go with Kemble.

Still Andy Kay for me. Consistent over many years at Elland Road and part of our Championship winning team and Old Trafford Premiership team. Solid under high ball and had some pace. Any more support for Andy?