Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stratobill

Whitehaven V Featherstone.Sun3rd March. 3pm K.O.

Match Prediction   39 members have voted

1. 1. Win, Lose or Draw

• Whitehaven To Win
    • Featherstone To Win
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

61 posts in this topic

No saints DR players this week ,woods sticking with our own squad again

Clever bloke is woods. He's done the right thing as he probably felt you wouldn't beat us with the saints players in your squad anyway. So he probably wants to see how far off his set of players are when it comes to the top 5 teams. Very shrewd indeed good bit of thinking if this is the case.

Clever bloke is woods. He's done the right thing as he probably felt you wouldn't beat us with the saints players in your squad anyway. So he probably wants to see how far off his set of players are when it comes to the top 5 teams. Very shrewd indeed good bit of thinking if this is the case.

Haven have only used SL players once this season. Once again, think about how arrogant this will come across to Haven supporters who look in on this forum. Woods will be going all out to try and beat us this week, as he should.

not really arrogant i said similar myself.if we drafted in 3 or 4 saints players and still got beat then where do we go from there?so let those who let the club down last week put it right.A very tough game but dont expect a walkover,we will always be tough on our own pitch

Haven have only used SL players once this season. Once again, think about how arrogant this will come across to Haven supporters who look in on this forum. Woods will be going all out to try and beat us this week, as he should.

It's not arrogance it's being realistic. Obviously woods and his team will be going out to beat us I wouldn't expect any different. But if they did beat us I would be very surprised and not happy with our squad and coaching staff. If we want to win things no dis respect to haven but we should be beating teams like them easily.

teams like them...now that is arrogant.As for beating us easily lets see what on unfolds on sunday like i said we will be up for this

teams like them...now that is arrogant.As for beating us easily lets see what on unfolds on sunday like i said we will be up for this

Newly promoted teams shouldn't be troubling us if we want to win everything this year that's what I was saying. Personally I don't think we will win any final this year but that's just my opinion.

could be a couple of big name saints playing on sunday

Aye, Peter and Paul. Bring em on

He's done the right thing as he probably felt you wouldn't beat us with the saints players in your squad anyway.

Good Grief!!!

http://www.newsandst...ath=sport/haven

DAVE Woods is not prepared  look for a “quick fix” solution and ask St Helens’ superstars to bale out Whitehaven against league leaders Featherstone Rovers on Sunday.

The Haven coach has the option of turning to the Super League giants, their partner club, but is determined to show faith in his own squad, in their toughest test of the season to date.

He said: “It would be easy for me as coach to ask for Tommy Makinson, if he’s not playing this week, or Gary Wheeler, but it would send out the wrong message.

“I don’t think that’s a long term fix. It’s a quick fix. We have to look to Whitehaven Rugby League, rather than expect help from others, though there will be times we need to use Saints’ players. We need a reaction from our boys.”

Woods reckons Featherstone, who have topped the table for the past three seasons, are the ideal opponents to face after last week’s second-half debacle at Dewsbury, as many outside the club are writing off their chances.

“It’s a good thing that it’s Featherstone, because no one expects us to do anything,” he said. “But I expect to win every game, and if we do everything right, we can beat anyone on our day.

“They have been the top side for three years and it’s a difficult ask. It’s a very, very difficult assignment, but we have faith in our boys.”

Woods has only looked to Saints once this term, Ade Gardner and Anthony Walker both turning in fine performances in the win at Keighley.

Back-rower Matty Dale, who had a short loan stint at the Recre in 2007 when with Hull FC, is available for Rovers after missing the win against Hunslet last weekend with a shoulder injury, but Jack Bussey (shoulder) is still doubtful.

Second-row Tim Spears is ready to make his first-team comeback following shoulder surgery.

Rovers coach Daryl Powell said: “We’ve a short turn round next week, playing Whitehaven on Sunday and Keighley next Thursday, so I will looking to utilise the full squad for those two games and Tim Spears will probably play in one of the two matches.”k for a “quick fix” solution and ask St Helens’ superstars to bale out Whitehaven against league leaders Featherstone Rovers on Sunday.

Think some fans are getting carried away thinking we should be winning by 60 odd points We have a strong squad but the other teams in this league are v good as well and teams will beat us

Fev 32. Whitehaven 18 Hope it's dry

I do hope we have too much for Haven on Sunday but its always a tricky place to go! They still have Rooney, always a danger don't care what anyone says and JJ Parker too! Signed a big Pap player this week so their making strides and I like them in this division! It's always a banana skin and I'm glad Woods is going with his own guys! Plus I like the colours of their kit, no blue n white hoops like but still! Like haven n what their trying to do up there! Always try n bring numbers and looking forward to getting them down here!

Good luck Haven I just hope we have too much for you!

Been very dry up here ,has been all week very spring Like weather.No rain forecast either so pitch should be firm and suit both teams

Great start Worthington try after 2 mins Finny from touchline, 6 mins Kain try Finn another from touchline 12-0 to Rovers 7 mins gone.

Matt James with a one on one ball steal from 10 metres out under the posts no problem for Liam 18 -0 to Rovers.

22 - 0 after 20 minutes

Ian Hardman with the other try Liam missed the kick currently 22-6 after 34 mins

Oops make that 22-12 good try from them.

Game on 22-18 55 mins gone

Congratulations to Andy Kain. Joins a very elite set of players who have scored 100 tries for Fev

Great finish from Briggs from a Saxton pass Finn goal 28-18 60 mins gone