Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bat Lad

Thurs

29 posts in this topic

Ok any predictions for this thursday, fax fans welcome to predict too.

Think were playing ok and fax seem to be a bit of the boil so.

Dogs 26 Fax 14

Got to agree with you, i believe we may come unstuck on thursday,

Fax 22 Batley 28

I'd be well happy with that Nigel

I'm affraid i see a closly fought contest coming down to desire and for that reason alone i think the dogs will beat us by 10 points.

The problem with fax is you never know who is going to turn up and perform, if the first 4 games are to go by then i think a dull boring game from us is to be expected, i hope im wrong and its extremely exciting and that we win denying you a bonus point, ( for obvious season end reasons ).

Not sure about this game, fax are unbeaten, going to go 21. 20 to the DOGS, but we have a lot to thankfax for, if they hadn't have beaten us 72.0, gt may have stayed a few more games, leaving it too late for Karl and handforth to save us from relegation, then they took Karl off us, meaning we could progress further by signing the flair players from fax that Karl didn't want like blackie, and miles, yes thank you halifax, hope it's a great game tomorrow, with Batley coming out on top

Just seen on the fax forum, the referee is Mr George Stokes

Not sure about this game, fax are unbeaten, going to go 21. 20 to the DOGS, but we have a lot to thankfax for, if they hadn't have beaten us 72.0, gt may have stayed a few more games, leaving it too late for Karl and handforth to save us from relegation, then they took Karl off us, meaning we could progress further by signing the flair players from fax that Karl didn't want like blackie, and miles, yes thank you halifax, hope it's a great game tomorrow, with Batley coming out on top

Just seen on the fax forum, the referee is Mr George Stokes

I dont think that was the only factor in him going Bob - the dreadful performances all that season and the 2 previous ones, and the walloping at home by Toulouse on the Easter Monday after were all straws that broke this particular Donkeys back.

That being said, the game on Thursday has all the makings of a cracker, and i couldnt call it either way if im honest, Halifax are due an improved performance and we are coming off the back of an indifferent performance at Barrow, albeit in tought circumstances with the travel on a Thursday and the bitterly cold night it was.All set for a really enjoyable game and cant wait.

Can't see there being a lot in it (as ever these days) - Batley 24-18 Halifax

I dont think that was the only factor in him going Bob - the dreadful performances all that season and the 2 previous ones, and the walloping at home by Toulouse on the Easter Monday after were all straws that broke this particular Donkeys back.

That being said, the game on Thursday has all the makings of a cracker, and i couldnt call it either way if im honest, Halifax are due an improved performance and we are coming off the back of an indifferent performance at Barrow, albeit in tought circumstances with the travel on a Thursday and the bitterly cold night it was.All set for a really enjoyable game and cant wait.

I remember walking out of The Shay that evening thinking it could not get any worse, and then leaving the Mount after Toulouse and realising it had.

Anyway, close tonight. Halifax unbeaten and therefore slight favourites. Nothing to choose between the two sides.

it really could go either way. i cant see there being much more than 6pts in it. Based on the last few encounters between both sides it will be a cracker!.

Any online linlks to the game?

(Unlikely to be able to get there tonight. :( )

I predict a narrow loss for the 'dogs, 14-22.

Halifax have won all four games so far, but judging by their performances, they haven't been convincing. With that in mind I can only see a Batley victory.

Batley 30 - 16 Halifax.

Att: 922.

Poor reffing got you out of jail tonight

smith should have walked without out doubt

for the headbutt..weather it hit or not intent was there..no sane fan could disagree.

Poor reffing got you out of jail tonight

smith should have walked without out doubt

for the headbutt..weather it hit or not intent was there..no sane fan could disagree.

Thanks for that, I thought it was a great game too.

just watched the game myself, you can't beat end to end rugby I thoroughly enjoyed it, good result for both teams really one that could have gone either way, couldn't see if the kick Tom was denied really missed or not but he wasn't pleased with that decision that's for certain.

Fax like 18 8 up keep hold ov the ball joke like

Translator anyone?

Fax were 18 8 up with 7mins left y did they not keep hold of the ball lol cumbrian talk

Good tight game thought it was a good battle of the forwards as Ben black made handforth and thacks look mediocre at times. It was a forwards game though as their was very little breaks only from mistakes. Stokes well what do I say he was shocking but to be fair he was as bad for both teams. I thought hemmingways kick went over by the way on TV. Wanted you guys to win but given the score line near the end I bet your happy with the draw.

Well done Batley! Can't wait to get you guys at POR, great fans, always a laugh n good banter!

I thought hemmingways kick went over by the way on TV.

I'm convinced it did and I was right behind it.

I'm convinced it did and I was right behind it.

Never in doubt. not worth mentioning.

Never in doubt. not worth mentioning.

Think they may be talking about the disallowed one from Potts' try. Heard a couple of people who watched on TV say it went over and Hemingway seemed a bit miffed.