Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marklaspalmas

DR The fightback?

74 posts in this topic

Wasn't there a meeting of all Championship clubs a couple of weeks ago where DR (amongst other things) was discussed? I'd guess the 'other' clubs made their views clear at that meeting and didn't want to discuss any further. Wouldn't be much point inviting them then would it?

Yes - PR.

So why didnt they invite all the other championship clubs to their lovely little tea party?

Obviously it was a meeting of like minded clubs with the objective of coming up with a formula which might persuade the rest to realise the error of their ways. The York CEO appears to have some sympathy. How could they hope to get clear thinking on any new proposals with a room full of people who at present are poles apart?

I am really not seeing what the big problem with DR is.

It's all what ifs.

There are no safeguards to prevent a team including a bunch of DR stars in the play-off games - after their $uperleague partners have finished their season.

So instead of talking to the other clubs and trying to come up with an agreed way of implementing DR, they chose to to he closed meeting between the 4 clubs with the most to lose and came up with a way of keeping everything the same? Ah, democracy at its finest.

Obviously it was a meeting of like minded clubs with the objective of coming up with a formula which might persuade the rest to realise the error of their ways. The York CEO appears to have some sympathy. How could they hope to get clear thinking on any new proposals with a room full of people who at present are poles apart?

If they're not there, how can you persuade them to do what you want ?

If they're not there, how can you persuade them to do what you want ?

Well obviously that's the next step now that they've got their proposed scheme into place.

Well obviously that's the next step now that they've got their proposed scheme into place.

Correct.

Iv'e no doubt the 4 or 5 clubs that have signed this memorandum are asking the other clubs to consider signing, as nothing can change until they do.

And, if the twinned clubs had had a meeting and come up with an "agreement" for the others to sign, saying they had to play DR players, they'd all have said "Yay, let's do it", eh ?

No - I think the four have just managed to antagonise them and make their position more entrenched.

Correct.

Iv'e no doubt the 4 or 5 clubs that have signed this memorandum are asking the other clubs to consider signing, as nothing can change until they do.

And why would they ? - just because Fev, Sheffield, Fax and Leigh say they have to ?

So instead of talking to the other clubs and trying to come up with an agreed way of implementing DR, they chose to to he closed meeting between the 4 clubs with the most to lose and came up with a way of keeping everything the same? Ah, democracy at its finest.

That's the nonsense of it.

The thing that the top CC clubs need to do is discuss Super League entry criteria with the RFL.

The qualification that you have to win the NRC or reach the grand final could in theory be blocked by strong "A" teams in the play off phase.

Losing to clubs like Hunslet :lol: may turn fans off and the 2,500 criteria is harder to achieve.

None of my business but all I observe is clubs signing up to a fairly open ended DR which is what they want to do for survival. If other clubs don't want to do it because they have hopes of Superleague one day then fine - change the SL entry rules so that 9 clubs get what they want and the other 5 have a fair chance to get what they want.

And, if the twinned clubs had had a meeting and come up with an "agreement" for the others to sign, saying they had to play DR players, they'd all have said "Yay, let's do it", eh ?

No - I think the four have just managed to antagonise them and make their position more entrenched.

Maybe swinton and hunslet are antagonised,the york chairman didn't seem so

Maybe swinton and hunslet are antagonised,the york chairman didn't seem so

And will he be changing his policy ? Errr ... no.

And why would they ? - just because Fev, Sheffield, Fax and Leigh say they have to ?

I like to think for the long term interests of the championship.

You need to remember that a number of clubs only joined this charade (Keighley& Workington being two of them i think) because of the fear that other clubs (swinton&hunlet in particular) were going to use established sl players,and they've been proved right.Also batley haven't used any yet?.

I doubt he will this season,i doubt any of them will this season.

It needs sorting this season so we dont have to put up with this ###### next season and there after.

Yeah - tbh, I think you're missing the point.

Setting aside the rights (if there are any) and wrongs of DR, I'm questioning the advisability of the negotiation policy "Do what we say or else" when, actually, "or else" doesn't really seem to be much at all.

Yeah - tbh, I think you're missing the point.

Setting aside the rights (if there are any) and wrongs of DR, I'm questioning the advisability of the negotiation policy "Do what we say or else" when, actually, "or else" doesn't really seem to be much at all.

This is one area i'll accept these clubs are looking after there own interests.

By that i mean the clubs are very fearful of losing more fans due to the fact lots of fans are very fearful that there clubs will have no choice but to become A team like the rest them with no chance of ever bettering themselves

This is one area i'll accept these clubs are looking after there own interests.

By that i mean the clubs are very fearful of losing more fans due to the fact lots of fans are very fearful that there clubs will have no choice but to become A team like the rest them with no chance of ever bettering themselves

Interesting that you think that being an A team will increase the fanbase.

I like to think for the long term interests of the championship.

You need to remember that a number of clubs only joined this charade (Keighley& Workington being two of them i think) because of the fear that other clubs (swinton&hunlet in particular) were going to use established sl players,and they've been proved right.Also batley haven't used any yet?.

Isn't Alex Walmsley dual registered with Batley from St Helens under a special arrangement??? The lad Fleming played last week in the TV game at Barrow and he's on loan from Cas, isn't he? So, Batley are using SL players whether it's by loan or dual reg.

Isn't Alex Walmsley dual registered with Batley from St Helens under a special arrangement??? The lad Fleming played last week in the TV game at Barrow and he's on loan from Cas, isn't he? So, Batley are using SL players whether it's by loan or dual reg.

Special only in that it predates the new rules and is thus not bound by them

Interesting that you think that being an A team will increase the fanbase.

Sorry Griff i meant the four and barrow.

Sorry Griff i meant the four and barrow.

Apology not required. Who knows anyway ?

The four clubs can sign as many memorandum of associations that they wish but why should they expect the other clubs to agree to the three points that they have raised as issues. How do other clubs amend or add to those issues because this proposal only asks for clubs to agree and sign!!!

Some clubs might want to see the age stated as Under 25 for instance to cater for late developers who fit all the other criteria but yet can't be subject of dual registered. The silly thing also is that as dual registered player he could be recalled week by week by his SL club and yet if a club loaned the same player he would be at the Championship club for a minimum of 1 month.

This proposal asks for no more than 4 DR players at any one time but again some clubs may want to see 5 or even down to 3 but where do they get their chance to amend it.

It's not the fact that they have drawn up this memorandum between themselves it is the presumption that they alone can decide what is the best system that most would disagree with.

:lol: Now then stop that.

No unmasking the self interest the gang of four base their protestations on please :D

this is about what's good for erm "The game"

A SL spokesman said, "You should be doing what we say not what we do," This sauce for the goose sauce for the gander stuff dosn't apply to you championship nobodies.

Will who be changing his policy?