Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Viking Warrior

castleford in the mire?

67 posts in this topic

Point cheerfully taken and now you indicate a need to consider renting something as part of the 2015 licence. Now where in the WDMC district will such a stadium be available 2015?

I wouldn't necessarily go that far but it's something to be considered. Safety work can be a millstone round your neck. It's not cheap.

Aye, we'll have to wait and see about that one. And I genuinely hope it doesn't come to it.

So you don;t know then?

Putting snippets and not backing them up really does make you look like an attention seeker

This I agree with. How about appointing someone with commercial experience who also knows a bit about RL rather than "jobs for the boys"?

Probably because someone with proper qualifications in this area would cost an awful lot more than Fozzy

I wouldn't necessarily go that far but it's something to be considered. Safety work can be a millstone round your neck. It's not cheap.

As far back as 1973 when Parkside was sold one of the big reasons verified by Harry Jepson who had left and had no financial interest in the sale, was the massive bills for repairs and this was before the safety of sports grounds regulations.

Even last year the cost of maintaining Odsal was a millstone around Bradford's neck and a reason the RFL taking it on to help.

Ferress himself widely mentioned this along with the cost not just of safety and repair, but the cost of vandalism.

Yes, it's nice to have a big land asset on your balance sheet but it's not cash until you sell it.

However, you can borrow money on the strength of it and dig yourself a big debt hole. :wacko:

No figures available but it'd be interesting to compare what clubs are paying for rent, compare with what clubs are spending on maintenance.

There will be competition for your license next time, as a fan of the club looking to come up, I am naturally very interested in the happenings at what I perceive to be Super League's weakest club.

"Wakefield Trinity Wildcats face a six-figure hole in their budget after their main sponsor Eric France went bust"

Just released today.

Rovers now in pole position?

"Wakefield Trinity Wildcats face a six-figure hole in their budget after their main sponsor Eric France went bust"

Just released today.

Wakefield have a year to get someone else - so, no. Wait and see.

Just released today.

Don't think Wakey will have too much trouble finding a replacement, 9000+ crowds, decent on-field performances, good vibe about the club.

I'm more worried about the effect it will have on Dewsbury

people have to feed house and clothe their familie: that is where peoples' committment and loyalty is supposed to lie. Not showing committment and loyalty at work is when people don't do their work properly. There is no evidence that this is the case.

There is no evidence they were about to be fired either. There are different levels of loyalty in life and I would agree famity comes first. Conversly loyalty to your employer is important. My own personal decision would have been to wait it out, help Castleford to the best of my ability and hope for the best outcome. The example of Potter at Bradford comes to mind, although, in this case here the employees were still being paid.

There is no evidence they were about to be fired either. There are different levels of loyalty in life and I would agree famity comes first. Conversly loyalty to your employer is important. My own personal decision would have been to wait it out, help Castleford to the best of my ability and hope for the best outcome. The example of Potter at Bradford comes to mind, although, in this case here the employees were still being paid.

People have free will to make their own life choices and career decisions it's ridiculous to make judgements upon people for doing just that

So you do think these people were being disloyal then

People have free will to make their own life choices and career decisions it's ridiculous to make judgements upon people for doing just that

So you do think these people were being disloyal then

People make decisions upon which others make judgements hundreds of times. If a person makes a decision to commit a heinous murder or embezzle funds or any other crime, people and society will make judgements. There's nothing ridiculous about it.

From my own personal values system the answer is " Yes".

People make decisions upon which others make judgements hundreds of times. If a person makes a decision to commit a heinous murder or embezzle funds or any other crime, people and society will make judgements. There's nothing ridiculous about it.

From my own personal values system the answer is " Yes".

Changing your job is hardly commensurate with committing a crime

So your rats and the sinking ship comment was derogatory then

Jeez. isn't the rats thing just a simple analogy for us to get the gist of his argument.

Don't think Wakey will have too much trouble finding a replacement, 9000+ crowds, decent on-field performances, good vibe about the club.

I'm more worried about the effect it will have on Dewsbury

I wouldn't bet on it.

Changing your job is hardly commensurate with committing a crime

So your rats and the sinking ship comment was derogatory then

My word...

Jeez. isn't the rats thing just a simple analogy for us to get the gist of his argument.

seemingly not in the context of his subsequent posts

it's the gist of his argument that people leaving their job is n t of disloyalty.