Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

01/03/13 - St Helens v Leeds Rhinos - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

93 posts in this topic

Can we please just let Gary Wheeler play in one of the Iron Man suits from the opening titles? I really feel for him, time and time again.

Decent enough game with Leeds no doubt the better side. It's been said time and time again but we're crying out for a proper scrum half, our attacking threat is always going to be limited until this issue is resolved. Percival looks pretty impressive, showed great pace on the break. Gutted for Wheeler but it's the story of his career, it's hard to think he's ever going to get a clean break after all these injuries.

Disagree with Eddie there over Peacock, I think he was just as good in his Bradford days as he is in a Leeds shirt. It's just he's been great for all of that time.

it's hard to think he's ever going to get a clean break after all these injuries.

Oof

If we can't take anything else out of this game then Leeds clearly had the easier game last week than St Helens. Ergo, Bradford are better than Melbourne. It's only logical.

Carney just said "Roby has been outstanding", I think he has been totally oblivious, Burrow and McShane have been a lot better!

Shame that young widnes lad mark percival ended up at saints......another one that slipped through the net

Eddie said saints are missing 4/5 regulars who are they?

Players who arnt playing for Saints I can see are:

Makinson, Gaskell, Flanagan, Perry, Wellens and Hohaia.

Players who arnt playing for Saints I can see are:

Makinson, Gaskell, Flanagan, Perry, Wellens and Hohaia.

I'd only miss makinson and gaskell from that list

The only question mark about Percival was whether he was too small for SL, he was electric at academy level and I guess he's proved any doubters wrong today. Just hope that Saints conditioners don't ruin him with too much weight training too young like they have with Jones, Maggenis, Wheeler, etc. Great centre play is more about vision, footwork, finesse and quickness rather than just size - we've lost sight of that over the years with second rowers masquerading as centres.

Doing well on Stevo bingo here! Terra firma ticked!

Hope you got the 'for any youngsters watching'....

With lomax, makinson, soliola, percival, gaskell saints backs look pretty decent......if only brown would pick them all at the same time

I'd only miss makinson and gaskell from that list

two prospects but of the other 3 missing,wellens is passed it,Perry and Hohihia must be up there as the worst overseas signings in SL history

With lomax, makinson, soliola, percival, gaskell saints backs look pretty decent......if only brown would pick them all at the same time

Need to put Wellens out to pasture, release the dud Hohaia and drop the useless Turner, then build for the future. They are a scrum half short, as I still think Lomax is a full back in the Tomkins mold.

Ah well, not too disheartened with that. 3 tries apiece is respectable even though Leeds' dominance for the majority of the game can't be overlooked.

Percival has put a big smile on my face with that performance. Hopefully Wheeler will recover quickly, it really is such a pity that this keeps happening :(

I wish Eddie would stop talking about our comeback ability. I can't remember an exciting comeback since Castleford in late 2010. I also hope that McManus is actively looking for a half back as our kicking game and organisation need to improve if we're going to compete for trophies again.

Anyway, well done Leeds on a deserved win.

It was the first game this season proper that actually had a whiff of a friendly about it.

Need to put Wellens out to pasture, release the dud Hohaia and drop the useless Turner, then build for the future. They are a scrum half short, as I still think Lomax is a full back in the Tomkins mold.

Totally agree.....lomax looks good at full back......no need for wilkin at SH.....gaskell is decent at SO (who played SO tonight btw????)