Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

02/03/13 - Widnes Vikings v Hull FC - KO 5.45pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Widnes Vikings
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

168 posts in this topic

i expect a bumper crowd and a determined performance from the team to welcome kev brown into action for the club........................

Think hull will have there work cut out in this one but hopefully can scrape home, 20-16 ,mom McDonnell ,1st try ah van

Widnes for mine, on the assumption that Brown has one his inspired days when he is the real deal.

Crikey....been disappointed with the way hull have capitulated in recent games in the last 20....if they do the same this sat then widnes are in with a decent chance, assuming of course, that we don"t do the same!!....home adv and decent team out we could pinch this by 4pts

Betts happy to pick from a full strength squad, I'm still going for an FC win..... Widnes 24 FC 38

Expecting Hull to hit the straps (at last!) and take this one by a decent margin.

Hull by 20 !

Hoping Holdsworth is over his concussion and plays - might be a bit closer without him ;)

watched holdsworth in direct action with hanbury last season and rhys took him apart to the point that holdsworth was conspicuously withdrawn. more of the same this time, and the KB factor will see another home win against the aerli birds...............by 10

Can't remember whether Hull are currently in crisis or on the way to Old Trafford. They'll win this one I think.

Hull's players shouldn't need reminding of last season's horror show and I expect Gentle to tell them they owe the fans extra effort on Saturday. Hopefully Briscoe will be better back on the wing as IIRC, it was an awful show from him at full back last season that had Hull on the back foot.

A lot depends on Holdsworth's availability, with him Hull by 10+, without him by 2.

Widnes 16 Hull 26.

Holdsworth named in 19 man squad, Seymour left out.

Hull FC squad: Joe Arundel, Tom Briscoe, Ben Crooks, Ben Galea, Chris Green, Aaron Heremaia, Daniel Holdsworth, Richard Horne, Danny Houghton, Paul Johnson, Tom Lineham, Andy Lynch, Shannon McDonnell, Mark O'Meley, Jay Pitts, Danny Tickle, Joe Westerman, Richard Whiting, Kirk Yeaman.

Widnes squad: Patrick Ah Van, Dave Allen, Kevin Brown, Hep Cahill, Jon Clarke, Ben Cross, Chris Dean, Paddy Flynn, Alex Gerrard, Rhys Hanbury, Gareth Hock, Ben Kavanagh, Stefan Marsh, Joe Mellor, Eamon O'Carroll, Cameron Phelps, Steve Pickersgill, Lloyd White, Frank Winterstein.

widnes likely to be at full strength for the first time this season............

Are Hull playing in black and white or their alternative white and black?

Believe Widnes are in black and white.

Should be a colourful occasion.

according to the local rag kev brown and joe mellor are the starting halves which means hanbury will be full back as briscoe is out..i think our halves will be too strong for hull and win the game for us.

according to the local rag kev brown and joe mellor are the starting halves which means hanbury will be full back as briscoe is out..i think our halves will be too strong for hull and win the game for us.

Depending on how well your forwards do surely?