Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

02/03/13 - Widnes Vikings v Hull FC - KO 5.45pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Widnes Vikings
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

168 posts in this topic

By reading VW'S posts I get the impression he thinks Kev Brown is the "new" messiah

And that Widnes are going to slay all before them!

By reading VW'S posts I get the impression he thinks Kev Brown is the "new" messiah

The life of Browny?

nothing of the sort lads the player who will out perform your halves is the same one from last seasons game at the stobby and who also played the likes of holdsworth off the park........................joe mellor.

nothing of the sort lads the player who will out perform your halves is the same one from last seasons game at the stobby and who also played the likes of holdsworth off the park........................joe mellor.

I'm really looking forward to this game, I'm expecting something special............Can't wait, like a kid at xmas.

i think the atmosphere at the ground will be electric, and hopefully the right widnes turn up not the dross from the first half at caravan park last time out.

Widnes squad: Patrick Ah Van, Dave Allen, Kevin Brown, Hep Cahill, Jon Clarke, Ben Cross, Chris Dean, Paddy Flynn, Alex Gerrard, Rhys Hanbury, Gareth Hock, Ben Kavanagh, Stefan Marsh, Joe Mellor, Eamon O'Carroll, Cameron Phelps, Steve Pickersgill, Lloyd White, Frank Winterstein.

Starting to shape up like a semi-decent squad now.....bit more grunt in the pack, say a big prop signing or three and I'll be fairly chuffed

Could be a real cracker this, Widnes just like Cas are always capable of getting up and beating a good side, and Hull have yet to show they are a good side, they certainly have the potential to be,( and sooner or later will be ) Kev Brown on his day can be a real match winner, hope he has a great game for Widnes and who knows.

I fully expect us to be at least competitive in this game.

We're home, at full strength and have had a week off. Of course Hull KR was a setback but hopefully it was a blip rather than signs of anything more serious. I was worried prior to that game that we would miss Cross in the forwards and it will be good to have him back. We certainly missed him during the interchange in the previous two games as well.

Hull at Widnes can be a bit hit and miss. Of the bigger sides, they are the one that we have had the most success against. For a team that has always finished above us in Super League and usually comfortably we've won 3 out of the 5 meetings at the Stobart. Also our biggest Super League victory before relegation and the biggest since our return have both been against Hull at home. We beat them 46-10 in 2003 and 42-16 last year. I'm not suggesting there is much link in the actual playing staff of those years but maybe it says something about the travel aspect, especially when you factor in that Widnes have a dire record at both Hull clubs.

Should make for an interesting game and probably not the foregone conclusion some might suspect it will be.

Errm chris dean at second row???.....allen pulled out but winterstein on the bench after returning from injury

Holdsworth named in 19 man squad, Seymour left out.

I had a feeling that wouldn't be the case when it came to game day.

Are Hull playing in black and white or their alternative white and black?

Believe Widnes are in black and white.

Should be a colourful occasion.

Widnes black home, Hull FC white away.

I'm confused already and we haven't kicked off yet.

First call of the game and the ref gets it wrong <sadface>