Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

02/03/13 - Widnes Vikings v Hull FC - KO 5.45pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Widnes Vikings
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

168 posts in this topic

Hull were absolutely awful. The number of unforced errors was criminal. Did I read correctly "53% completion rate"? That's pretty much a dropped ball every other set. That is just dire. There is absolutely no excuse for that.

Mix that with the possession we had (think they said we had about 30%) and the places we had the ball, it's a surprise we even scored!

Brett Seymour has to go. He can't catch. He's so bad at passing he gives it to the other team. His positioning his woeful. He can't create. Why the hell is he here? Danny Nicklas from now on please. Seymour is a waste.

And I'm failing to see the big deal with Arundel as well. Get Crooks back in.

Galea is also a waste. Very underwhelmed we signed him. An aging Aussie shouldn't be replacing our youngsters unless he's something special. Menzies is special. Galea is not.

I think if it wasn't for Tom Lineham, I'd be extremely worried about the immediate future. Get him signed to a long deal!

Yeh lineham looks very good.....tbh whenever I've seen galea play he scored so can't be that bad!

I had to laugh when Widnes fans chanted "are you watching Hull KR?" once we took the lead, as Hull had sang that when they were 10-4 up against lowly Widnes. :D

Hull have to get rid of Seymour.

Any truth in the rumours about Westerman tweeting he should be at a bigger and better club than Hull FC?

Any truth in the rumours about Westerman tweeting he should be at a bigger and better club than Hull FC?

Not sure, but I understand Danny Nicklas tweeted that he was 'p***ing himself laughing' at Seymour's performance.

I read that as Westerman at a bigger and better club? And not Joe referring to Seymour...

Not sure, but I understand Danny Nicklas tweeted that he was 'p***ing himself laughing' at Seymour's performance.

If true, maybe we should give Seymour the chance to ###### himself laughing at Nicklas' performance.

It's only fair.

Hull told York that Nicklas wasn't available to play for them this weekend.

Looks like Seymour wasn't available to play for Hull either.

Think Nicklas deserves a chance next time we have a half back out.

I know what you're saying about Seymour but you've got to ask the question why a player with a lengthy (if troubled) career in the NRL has suddenly lost the ability to catch and pass a rugby ball, something he's been able to do since being a kid. He put in some very good performances when he first arrived. How is it that his confidence and self belief (which he had in spades a year ago) have evaporated? Is it entirely his own fault or have people at the club undermined him and contributed to that process?

I read that as Westerman at a bigger and better club? And not Joe referring to Seymour...

Yes,sorry,Westerman implied that HE should be at a bigger and better club,not Seymour.

poor crowd

Yes,sorry,Westerman implied that HE should be at a bigger and better club,not Seymour.

S'orrite, probably made perfect sense to everyone else!!

Still, seems Bradford dodged a bullet missing out on him. Why don't Hull FC give Marc Herbert a call?

poor crowd

I wouldn't say that. The two Widnes fans I know run their own businesses and are doing very well for themselves. :D

I wouldn't say that. The two Widnes fans I know run their own businesses and are doing very well for themselves. :D

Tcha!

Someone else tweeted that and Westerman retweeted it. He's since apologised and said it was an accident, he meant to retweet something else

Completely overrated penalty machine. I've been saying this from the first few weeks of his Hull career. I rate Whiting as a far better player with much more game sense and consistency and by far a better team player.

How the old board decided he was worth the fee they paid for him I don't know.

But in terms of his alleged Twitter comment, if he thinks he could get into Leeds, Wigan, Saints or Warrington, he's having a laugh. I'd hazard a guess that Hudds and Catalans are fairly happy with their back row as well.

Someone else tweeted that and Westerman retweeted it. He's since apologised and said it was an accident, he meant to retweet something else

Ooooh! wonder if he's fibbing?

I love a conspiracy, me.

What struck me about the game was that Widnes won because they looked the better side in every respect, including balance and game plan. Give what Gentle and Betts have had to work with, that is testimony to Betts' ability to build a team and get the most from their personnel. He is showing more coaching talent than I expected - good on him. As for Gentle, and Sandercock at HKR, they seem to get rather less than the sum of their parts from their teams. The 5 best teams so far all have European coaches - I am counting Smith as European for these purposes given his British passport and longevity in the British game.

Maybe FC were hasty in ditching Agar? :)

Give what Gentle and Betts have had to work with, that is testimony to Betts' ability to build a team and get the most from their personnel.

I'm certainly impressed by what Betts has done in a relatively short space of time. I'd certainly use it as an example to Salford that, despite what people say, it is possible to become competitive within 12-18 months with the right people in place.

The only negative thing about Widnes' upturn in fortunes is that we now appear to have lost Maximus Decimus for good on these forums. A very interesting forumite on a number of topics, he backed the wrong horse when claiming adamantly that Betts should have been sacked by this time last year and disappeared once they put a few wins together.

The only negative thing about Widnes' upturn in fortunes is that we now appear to have lost Maximus Decimus for good on these forums. A very interesting forumite on a number of topics, he backed the wrong horse when claiming adamantly that Betts should have been sacked by this time last year and disappeared once they put a few wins together.

Eh? Without checking back I'm sure he's already posted a couple of times on this thread.

I thought I might have calmed down after last night but i haven't...

Its ok Gentle having ago at the players but there his players and they are following his instructions. Firstly why did he drop Crooks and bring Arundel in Crooks has been been a shining light from our juniors and hasn't put a foot wrong this season the same as Chris Green another player who should have kept his spot. I have not been impressed with Arundel at all not enough to justify the dropping Crooks anyway.

When Jason Crookes is fit then we should go with a Lineham Crookes wing combination because Briscoe at the minute is living on his reputation and if his decision on moving to the NRL is effecting his performance the he needs to get it sorted and move on and concentrate on this year. When he broke last night he should of gone for it instead of running around like a rabbit in headlights, his positioning against Warrington defending kicks last week was apparent again.

As Ullman said there is something clearly wrong with Seymore you can see the lad trying but Gentle is putting him in an impossible postion playing him when some fans are constantly on his back and the poor form he is going through, its time to give Nicklas ago.

Eh? Without checking back I'm sure he's already posted a couple of times on this thread.

He has - any absence was probably a complete coincidence, some people (including myself) drift in and out from time to time.

What struck me about the game was that Widnes won because they looked the better side in every respect, including balance and game plan. Give what Gentle and Betts have had to work with, that is testimony to Betts' ability to build a team and get the most from their personnel. He is showing more coaching talent than I expected - good on him. As for Gentle, and Sandercock at HKR, they seem to get rather less than the sum of their parts from their teams. The 5 best teams so far all have European coaches - I am counting Smith as European for these purposes given his British passport and longevity in the British game.

Maybe FC were hasty in ditching Agar? :)

The 5 best teams have had an Aussie come in and build the vast majority of their squad and strategies for them.

Leeds - Tony Smith, then McClennan

Wigan - Michael Maguire

Warrington - Tony Smith (very similar squad but completely changed their style around)

Saints - Millward, Anderson (followed by Potter and Brown although no success)

Huddersfield - Nathan Brown

Catalans - Trent Robinson

:mellow: So he has.

Ah well, was only trying to get a bite on his comments on Betts. Hi Max.