Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

duffymoon

CHRIS BRIDGE

93 posts in this topic

I haven't been on here for a long time and some of you may know of me, I will always support Swinton even though I cannot attend as many matches as I would like too and no longer thankfully live in the City of Salford! So for what it's worth this is my take on the current situations!

1. DR is not ideal but whilst even one other club is doing it then Swinton would be foolish not to.

2. This season we need to emulate last season at least by not finishing in the bottom two, Anything else would be a disaster because the Championship One attendances will be in the very low hundreds this year and the cost of travelling to far flung parts will be a lot greater than they are now Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if the RFL don't combine the two divisions for next season and that might not be a bad thing.

3. The Kidds are from Swinton and are doing a good job for Swinton under difficult circumstances. Having said that I don't always agree with a lot of what they have done in the past(Move to Darwen etc) but without them and other current directors there may well not be a Swinton club for any of us to support in the future.

4. And finally on the subject of Agecroft or a new stadium elsewhere in the borough. In this present economic climate money as we know is tight and not easy to come by for any of us but we are just four seasons away from 150 years of Swinton Rugby Club and moves should be made with the help of people such as Trevor Barton and others to ensure that we have by October 2016 our own home ground again in our own town. Because unless this can be achieved then sadly I can't see a future for Swinton in the years ahead.

reading the same comments over and over again...yawn

. Don't read them then! Or why not offer something constructive to the debate?

Errr I ve posted a number of times on this subject as have you and practically everyone else including this morning

So a load od fuss for nowt!

Why is Ormsby injured? Or has he been dropped? He is as far as I'm aware a Swinton player not a dual registration .Seems a shame to break up a winning team to accommodate Chris Bridge but that is the Coaches prerogative.

And personally i want to see the best players possible play in the swinton shirt this season whether thats players from warrington, leeds, st helens, manly or even mars. As long as we play well that all im bothered about

They r only jealous m8 ignore em

Why is Ormsby injured? Or has he been dropped? He is as far as I'm aware a Swinton player not a dual registration .Seems a shame to break up a winning team to accommodate Chris Bridge but that is the Coaches prerogative.

One change..Dave when was the last time we made only one change?

Up until this thread some would have considered Ormsby a warrington player with no loyalty to Swinton. Then he is replaced by Bridge and he becomes a hard done by Swinton player. Is that some sort of progress?

I only hope we can now end this constant twisting of the information to fit the argument.

This DR nonsense is just an excuse. if you dont want to watch Swinton then dont watch Swinton. dont be blaming DR because you're turning your back on your team! (that only applies if Swinton are your team and you're not a closet Leigh fan sent to do peoples heads in)

Leave the people who still watch Swinton alone to follow their team.

enjoy your lives. you wont be missed.

If both Bridges play and both Hawkyards, when was the last time two sets of brothers played in the same game!

Merely one Warrington player being replaced by another Warrington player, with the prerogative that counts resting with Tony Smith.

Merely one Warrington player being replaced by another Warrington player, with the prerogative that counts resting with Tony Smith.

Tony phoned you and told you has he Phil?

How do you KNOW all of these things? How do you PROOVE all of these statements which you make as such and not just opinions?

Or are you just flying kites like the rest of us?

Off you trot back to Leigh Phil.

There should be a policy of non response to Philh posts. If no one responds then he may take his attitude somewhere else. He's sometimes worth reading if I have a spare half day for each post but it has become awfully dull and depressing tbh.

If Chris Bridge plays, don't care what position, but preferably the best one for the rest of the team on the day. All I ask is that he does his best for the team and Swinton!

Off you trot back to Leigh Phil.

we aint that lucky Alan.