Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

havenhater

Top 3 bottom 3 players like barrows forum

103 posts in this topic

just thought i would start a new thread as its quiet on here.

i just thought it would be interesting if people named their top 3 players who they most enjoyed watching for Town

Also the bottom 3, as in the most dissappointing players to pull on a Town shirt when you thought they would have been amazing.

I was thinking of keeping this to players from the year 2000 onwards.

My top three

Liam Campbell

Shaun Lunt

Jamie Thackray

Bottom 3

Scott burgess

Jay Duffy

Steven roper

Top 3 for me

Barry Williams was a joy to watch him taking balls in

Shaun Lunt

Well leeds and Huddersfield are getting what we had especially from dummy half near the opposing try line

Brad Hepi what a great player, hard as nails

Worst 3

Khamel Ghanley had all the tools but unfortunatly it was in a barrow shirt when he left town

Richard Henare

Seemed a bit of a crackpot and he was such a good player at Warrington

Steven roper was terrible after such a fuss was made when he signed he was disinterested and isn't too bad a player again not in a town shirt, maybe he didn't have the team to play off but to me was a dissapointment

Top 3

Cec Thompson

Brian Edgar

Ike Southward

Bottom 3

Ben Lia

Mick Matache

Stuart Chick

best 3 (of the years ive been watching town, 93 onwards)

1. jimmy pickering- no one comes close as far as forwards go.

2. mark mulligan- outstanding talent, so casual with his 1 arm catches,awesome in defence,awesome in attack and the scorer of some of the best tries in our history.complete player.

3. shaun lunt- outstanding talent, god only knows how good he would have been for us in one of the better town teams

worst 3

jay duffy- worst half back ive ever seen at town. slightly better as a full back but still awful.

bryce poisel- was supposably using town as a stepping stone to super league. worst aussie ive ever seen come to town.

ian marsh- shocking,shocking,shocking.

best coach-peter walsh

worst coach-dave rotherham

favourite player-vinny fawcett

###### off wonky, that's pretty much what I was gonna pick. Except swap Marsh for lynton stott, the big ###### house. And swap Fawcett for Howard Burns.

For the unbelievable hype about what he was gonna do for us Martyn Wood must be down there ... Craig Richards to and dont forget Billy Platt !!!Jimmy a definite up the top end of course , and also Des for sheer wonderful entertainment value . Lusi probably to .

Top 3

Billy Pattinson

James Pickering

Boxer Walker

Bottom 3

Mark Lord

Shaun Wane

Mark Johnston

Ken Kerr and Tony Kay were two centres I'd take in any of our teams . Just watching old DVD of Kay , the guy was just something else scything on the outside of his man . If I get Paddy in there ill move The King to 6.

Oooh, just remembered. What was the name of that Australian full back were signed who was apparently "better than Wendell sailor as a junior". The one who puked under the posts after 10 minutes in a game.

Oooh, just remembered. What was the name of that Australian full back were signed who was apparently "better than Wendell sailor as a junior". The one who puked under the posts after 10 minutes in a game.

was it butch fatnowna (or however you spell it)

Best.

Pickering - Probably one of the best props I have seen play on DP including international and SL players.

Kerr - one word - Awesome.

Sione - Totally unpredictable and very entertaining.

Worst.

Jay Duffy - He should have stayed on the roof they found him on.

Franco Kmet - Half Italian half pathetic - say no more.

Henare - Worse than most because he did have talent but wasted it and his attitude stank.

I changed my mind ten times on the best 3 and on a different day the likes of Lunt, Mully, Dessie etc etc etc would be in there. Pickering would always be in there though. I saw my first game in about 1980 but if I'm honest apart from getting my photo with Billy Patt & Lynn Hopkins etc I cant really remember taking a lot of notice of the games until the late 80's.

Ken Kerr and Tony Kay were two centres I'd take in any of our teams . Just watching old DVD of Kay , the guy was just something else scything on the outside of his man . If I get Paddy in there ill move The King to 6.

Is that Paddy Tuimavave? His nephew Evarn Tuimavave is playing for HKR this season.

Butch Fatnowna's nephew was playing for the team Dave Petersen is playing for this season - Mackay Cutters

Sure is Keith . Silky smooth and not many town centres have scored test hattricks !!

Lusi sione fken class rember when we played york n got beat 70 10 / 6 not 100% he went trew abt 4 / 5 york players then went full pitch to score class like

I'm having a mare here, can't remember names at all. Anyone remember the tall australian stand off we had who couldnt pass left to right, think he was here when ross O'Reilly was coach. Was It nairn, or something.

Best 3

Sione

John Tuimaluga

Mattinson

Worst

the lad from Preston Grasshoppers..cant think of his name

Ian Marsh

And Duffy

Infact no...JT was only good in his second season Manihera was class. Limmer also.. Too hard to pick.

Top 3. Boxer, king kenny kerr & share varley

Worst 3. Khmet, collister& ray Lewis

Jimmy Pickering ... no comment required.

Barry Williams...everything you could want in a second-row...speed,step,size,hands and feet and brains of a halfback.

Colin Armstrong ... another forward but he was the cornerstone of our best teams and a great captain.

Carl Roden .... inept is being kind.

Shaun Wane/Mark Lord ... joint award.

Billy Platt ... averaged 2 interception passes per game.

Special mention for 3 players , the first two played in Town teams at all levels including SL :

Peter Riley ... not the biggest prop but was Town to the bone and gave his all every game.

Paul Penrice... played in 3 positions and was a formidable defender and a regular try scorer.

Alan McMullen ... Damage must have made 40 tackles per game and not a big yard maker but a crowd favourite.

Jimmy Pickering ... no comment required.

Barry Williams...everything you could want in a second-row...speed,step,size,hands and feet and brains of a halfback.

Colin Armstrong ... another forward but he was the cornerstone of our best teams and a great captain.

Carl Roden .... inept is being kind.

Shaun Wane/Mark Lord ... joint award.

Billy Platt ... averaged 2 interception passes per game.

Special mention for 3 players , the first two played in Town teams at all levels including SL :

Peter Riley ... not the biggest prop but was Town to the bone and gave his all every game.

Paul Penrice... played in 3 positions and was a formidable defender and a regular try scorer.

Alan McMullen ... Damage must have made 40 tackles per game and not a big yard maker but a crowd favourite.

Was just thinking surely someone has got to mention Carl Roden. Don't think I've ever seen anyone verbally abused as much in my life. Truly woeful.

Jimmy Pickering

Mulligan

Barry Williams

My top 3, took some debating that one!

I'm having a mare here, can't remember names at all. Anyone remember the tall australian stand off we had who couldnt pass left to right, think he was here when ross O'Reilly was coach. Was It nairn, or something.

Scott Brown.